PDA

View Full Version : Wingmen don't work anymore

FCIProject
09-05-2006, 05:36 PM
What has happened to the Wingmen in IL2V4.04m?

I don't usually use Padlock Enemy (F4), but I tried this and told my Wingmen to 'Attack my target'. They didn't and won't.

Is there anyway to get Wingmen to engage the enemy?

WWSensei
09-05-2006, 08:12 PM
working for me...at least works as well as it ever did. Are they not responding (possibly in radio silence) or just never attacking?

If they are damaged they will RTB and while the respond in the positive they don't actually re-engage. Same thing happens if you send them RTB as well.

-HH-Quazi
09-05-2006, 10:25 PM
Sometimes they do. Sometimes they don't. Always been this way as far as I can remember.

Aviar
09-05-2006, 10:47 PM
Works perfectly fine for me also. Must be an issue on your end, FCI.

Aviar

Enforcer572005
09-07-2006, 08:07 AM
At one point it seemed that wingman AI did improve, at least if they were vet or ace skilled. In my cmpn bldg, I noticed a few patches back (around 4.02 or 03) that suddenly my wingmen (always ace, since why have them in a cmpn if theyre no good) started actually covering me when I ordered "cover me". They would actually watch my tail, and I had several attacks thwarted I didnt even know about till i watched a trak. I posted screens of one such incident mos back of my wingy in a P39 shooting an FW off my tail that I didnt even know about.

Ive played the same misns several times now experimenting, and they've gone back to just folowing me around like they did before. Sometimes you can fly right up to enemy ai and they will do nothing but keep following thier leader. If you fly misns that you flew a while back, you may see that they don't fly anything like they did.

Something in a patch somewhere accidentally affected this, as this sim is so complicated that unintended stuff happens that are totally unrelated to a change made in the patches. I do wish they would release a patch that did nothing but correct the ai problems.

Air_Hog
09-07-2006, 09:04 AM
I've noticed that too. All these fine highly detailed planes mean nothing if the AI is messed up.

Its really ridiculous to see 20 of my AI team mates chasing after 1 lone enemy.

My whole squadron drop their bomb load when one lone enemy shows up, thus the mission is a failure.

AI, when in a traffic pattern mode, land regardless of being threatened by enemy.

I hate it when I'm in a dogfight and request help and get, "Your clear all the way."

A.H.

Haigotron
09-07-2006, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by -HH-Quazi:
Sometimes they do. Sometimes they don't. Always been this way as far as I can remember.

depends if its their time of the month http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

DuxCorvan
09-07-2006, 04:10 PM
AI winmgmen sometimes strike, and sometimes are on strike.