PDA

View Full Version : Did the developers play this game at all? (******ed horse glitch)

Cheezeburgar
11-18-2007, 05:07 PM
In two hours this game froze three times on me, and afterwards it gave me a nice little ******ed horse (glitch). I made a video of me trying to ride the horse, since if I played the game it would probably freeze on me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwnwX9jGJzY

By seriously it is getting to a point where I am thing of trading Assassin's creed for Need for speed prostreet. I am disappointed I preordered this game and once I get it, its a total disappointment.

Is this game suppose to be a joke.

Opticaly
11-18-2007, 05:12 PM
Well there are a few bugs on Assassin's Creed because of the size of it, I don't see how this game could be a joke, you find a glitch and think of trading it in, and if you want to fix the horse, just punch it

Cheezeburgar
11-18-2007, 05:16 PM
I understand that all games have glitches, but freezing three times in two hours, on the first day I get it can't be too good.

bobbylucifer
11-18-2007, 05:19 PM
I've just finished it and it only froze once for me, make sure your 360's properly ventilated and on its side. As for the glitch, I haven't seen that one before but it looks pretty funny. The horses are useless anyway, I almost never rode them - they draw way to much attention.

Pinjani10
11-18-2007, 05:20 PM
Played through the whole thing with 5+hrs of free roam no freezing no graphic issues no bugs at all

signboy
11-18-2007, 05:27 PM
i'm on the killing the guy in the harbor misson right now and have already spent many hours running around looking for flags, high points, helping citizens. i haven't had a freezup or glitch anywhere.

Vanquish_Xx
11-18-2007, 07:23 PM
Ive noticed a low framerate a few times, but 1 i leave my xbox on for hours and 2 its a first edition xbox so im just waiting for it to catch fire. If the game freezes, its either scratched or your its your xbox 99% of the time.

I got knocked down once by a guard and my body bounced all around, i thought it was hilarious. There are glitches with every game. Most glitches in games occur from conflicts between environments and physics engines. The horse got stuck because he fell through the environment, but the physics engine did not have a problem with him falling through so it left him there. As someone suggested, attacking the horse and making it use a different animation could un-stick it

Faylinks
11-18-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Cheezeburgar:
I understand that all games have glitches, but freezing three times in two hours, on the first day I get it can't be too good.

i think its because of the large scale, and its totally random for me its only froze once in 20 hrs of gameplay

Ekardt
11-18-2007, 08:15 PM
Betchya Cheeseburgar is on a PS3. Considering PS3s are complete phailures, I can understand his hatred.

unnamedninja
11-18-2007, 08:24 PM
No freezes or stuff for me (360) just the regular havok physics stuff which you see in every single game which uses the engine.

And yeah i wish people would quit whining, the hype this game generated made people think it would be the cure for cancer or something. Once you just realize it's only a videogame you can appreciate how brilliant it is.

Think about it this way, if you go to a videogame store and pick up a game you never even heard of, and it blew you away but you found some bugs in it, would you tell your friends it was a buggy piece of rubbish? or the most underrated game of the year?

NECESARY_EVIL
11-18-2007, 08:26 PM
I havent had a bug at all.

dd22cowboys
11-18-2007, 09:43 PM
This makes no sense, if one person's game has freezing problems, should all of them have the same problem? I havent had any freezing at all, doesnt that mean it cant be the game? Maybe just a defective xbox/disc?

robatubisoft
11-19-2007, 12:47 AM
He is not on a 360, you can see the PS3 controls in the top of the video. Fact is, PS3 is a complete pain in the *** to program for, and so mistakes like this are common. PS3 is probably going to go down as a bigger failure then LaserDisc/BetaMax/UMD and that other horrid Sony invention which I can't remember the name of.

unnamedninja
11-19-2007, 01:15 AM
Ps3 unfortunately is failing horribly, if you go on gamefaqs the most wanted faq is assassin's for the 360, the version for the ps3 isn't even in the top ten = hardly anyone has bought it for the ps3 because there's fewer ps3 owners.

The console is bombing straight down the toilet, and it only means bad things for the industry and the consumers. Right now the only choice in games you have is wii tennis or xbox first person shooters, it's a really dull time to be a videogamer imho.

Hassan-Sabbah
11-19-2007, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by unnamedninja:
Ps3 unfortunately is failing horribly, if you go on gamefaqs the most wanted faq is assassin's for the 360, the version for the ps3 isn't even in the top ten = hardly anyone has bought it for the ps3 because there's fewer ps3 owners.

The console is bombing straight down the toilet, and it only means bad things for the industry and the consumers. Right now the only choice in games you have is wii tennis or xbox first person shooters, it's a really dull time to be a videogamer imho.

I agree. I wish people would stop bashing either system or the other...

The more systems available, the more variety of games, better for the people who play these games.

unnamedninja
11-19-2007, 01:37 AM
By seriously it is getting to a point where I am thing of trading Assassin's creed for Need for speed prostreet.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

A few days ago i "insulted" a guy (at least it was my idea of an insult) by saying that some guy should trade in assassin's for need for speed.

It takes all sorts to make the world go round i guess.

The more systems available, the more variety of games, better for the people who play these games.

Yep exactly. The problem i have is with too many games are multiplatform, i used to like this idea, until i found out that one of the platforms gets the good version, and the rest get the inferior version. This multiplatform stuff was born out of developers just wanting to milk as much cash as possible, and it just ends up with frustrated gamers and fanboy wars.

Right now the ps3 is getting the short end of the stick with it's games, ghost recon 1 selling at 25 more than the xbox version...just because the ps3 version came out recently and the 360 version is old. Also those really good series which kinda used to be exclusive to playstation have been forced to jump ship because they didn't wanna wait around til they could develop for the ps3, lots of developers are sitting on their hands and selling their franchises to the highest bidder, microsoft has bought out tenchu, it's only a matter of time before tekken and metal gear become microsoft franchises. Then come the sloppy ports to the less popular consoles. This annoys me so much, i'm broke and i'm a metal gear fan, xbox 360 owner, you'd think the rumours about mgs4 coming to the box would make me happy, but it'll be sloppy just like the box version of mgs2 was. It annoys me because it's greedy franchising of games, which is making most games into those conveyor belt, one tired sequel per year type deals.

Thank god for the devs who are willing to gamble, taking 3-4 years to develop a new franchise.

robatubisoft
11-19-2007, 02:37 AM
I'd personally love to see a joint effort console brought to life. One console that all the developers can develop for, each of the big three companies split the profits evenly.

Sony could handle assembly and QA of the console itself.
Nintendo could do the controllers and and accessories.
Microsoft could handle distribution, purchasing, and marketing.

Kariko762
11-19-2007, 02:44 AM
yeah i have over 26 hours of Game play and have only see ONE glitch that made me have to reboot my 360 but other than that... 0 freezes 0 graphical glitches.....

My problem came when i finished a mission and went to the Bureau, the guy wouldn't talk to me...

rebooted the 360 did the assassination again... NO problem http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

dont understand why some people are having so many problems the one advantage of having a console over PC is that they are all the same. easy to program for SO as they are the same you would assume that if it works ok on one it will work ok on the other

P.S NO im not saying 360 and PS3 are the same..... im saying a PS3 is the same as another PS3 and a 360 is the same as another 360// unless u got the elite!

unnamedninja
11-19-2007, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by robatubisoft:
I'd personally love to see a joint effort console brought to life. One console that all the developers can develop for, each of the big three companies split the profits evenly.

Sony could handle assembly and QA of the console itself.
Nintendo could do the controllers and and accessories.
Microsoft could handle distribution, purchasing, and marketing.

That's a wonderful idea, it's a pity it wont ever happen http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif