PDA

View Full Version : Ezip Reverse Cartwheeling in the Freakin Air



bongalak
09-13-2010, 11:51 AM
Ok I saw the latest trailer for Brotherhood and I saw Ezio jump, grab on to a beam, swing himself into the air, do a reverse cartwheel, and then land on the next beam.

And when I saw that I was like, what the heck, is this Prince of Persia? I liked the Creed series for its realistic parkour free-running movements, but this reverse cartwheeling thing is no parkour. It's barely even possible in real life. It's too theatrical and arcady, and I think it detracts from the overall feel of the game. Am I the only one a bit put off by this?

notafanboy
09-13-2010, 11:54 AM
i hated that backlip it just isnīt AC

Murcuseo
09-13-2010, 11:56 AM
Initially I didn't like it, I was of much the same opinion as you.

Now I'm totally used to it and can appreciate why they added it. It adds more flow to the freerunning and also has advantages when starting freerun sequences from a horse.

NuclearFuss
09-13-2010, 11:56 AM
A: It's a backflip.
B: You don't have to use it if you don't want.

Oatkeeper
09-13-2010, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by sackboy411:
A: It's a backflip.
B: You don't have to use it if you don't want.
You cant really NOT use it if its automatic, lol.

I am under the impression that this can only be done from starting a free-running sequence from a horse. While I still don't like it I am much more able to live with it if that's the case.

I just think it looks far too fancy and ezio is getting old

NuclearFuss
09-13-2010, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Oatkeeper:
You cant really NOT use it if its automatic, lol.

Meh, you can just stop when you hit the beam, and pull yourself up like in the old games. I'd rather just use the backflip though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SupremeCaptain
09-13-2010, 12:27 PM
The backflip grew on me. I just wish we could vault over small obstacles instead of jumping on top of them and jumping off.

paisepatruuna
09-13-2010, 01:13 PM
i think that backflip is cool maby its little unrealistic but stil coolhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

MolochXX
09-13-2010, 01:57 PM
I'd have been against it if it were something Ezio were always capable of. Since it seems to only be possible with the added speed of the horse, that pushes it into a realm of suspended disbelief I'm willing to live with.

SlimeDynamiteD
09-13-2010, 02:01 PM
Are you kidding me?
Seriously?
They made that backflip because people kept complaining on it slows you down that when you hang on a ledge and you first have to climb onto it and then jump on the next one. This way is faster and won't take you "out of the rythm" to say it like that.
And now you're complaining about it's "non-AC"?
Seriously, they tried to/did us a favour with this and all you can do is complain?

I think you should be more thankfull instead of complaining on how "non-AC" it is.

notafanboy
09-13-2010, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by SlimeDynamiteD:
Are you kidding me?
Seriously?
They made that backflip because people kept complaining on it slows you down that when you hang on a ledge and you first have to climb onto it and then jump on the next one. This way is faster and won't take you "out of the rythm" to say it like that.
And now you're complaining about it's "non-AC"?
Seriously, they tried to/did us a favour with this and all you can do is complain?

I think you should be more thankfull instead of complaining on how "non-AC" it is.
lol i never asked for it i have never seen someone ask for it. just cause some noob doesnīt know how to navigate in the game . + the backflip itself just looks ugly i wouldnīt be surprised if ezio got some magic shoes making him walk on walls made by leonardo da vinci "just to keep the rythm up"

SlimeDynamiteD
09-13-2010, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by notafanboy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SlimeDynamiteD:
Are you kidding me?
Seriously?
They made that backflip because people kept complaining on it slows you down that when you hang on a ledge and you first have to climb onto it and then jump on the next one. This way is faster and won't take you "out of the rythm" to say it like that.
And now you're complaining about it's "non-AC"?
Seriously, they tried to/did us a favour with this and all you can do is complain?

I think you should be more thankfull instead of complaining on how "non-AC" it is.
lol i never asked for it i have never seen someone ask for it. just cause some noob doesnīt know how to navigate in the game . + the backflip itself just looks ugly i wouldnīt be surprised if ezio got some magic shoes making him walk on walls made by leonardo da vinci "just to keep the rythm up" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now you got off-track and going all wild over Lenoardo Da Vinci. Please come with some good arguments first.

notafanboy
09-13-2010, 02:18 PM
who need a backflip when you got a horse !!!!!??
<span class="ev_code_RED">Language Please</span>

SlimeDynamiteD
09-13-2010, 02:20 PM
Dude, it's for Freerunning or Parkouring or w/e you wanna call it. Not for friggin' horse riding! How do you plan on getting on a roof with an effing horse?!

notafanboy
09-13-2010, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by SlimeDynamiteD:
Dude, it's for Freerunning or Parkouring or w/e you wanna call it. Not for friggin' horse riding! How do you plan on getting on a roof with an effing horse?! that wasnīt the question. now tell me whats the fastest way to the other side of the city ? backflips or a horse ?!?

TheMusingMoose
09-13-2010, 02:32 PM
Backflips. Nolo contendere.

Twostein
09-13-2010, 02:34 PM
if you need an explaination why ezio cound't do it in ACII, how about this:

Ezio could do it all his life, but the animus didn't have it programed, or could't read the dna which has the backflip move

in ACB, they have a new animus, which incorperates this move

MolochXX
09-13-2010, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by notafanboy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SlimeDynamiteD:
Dude, it's for Freerunning or Parkouring or w/e you wanna call it. Not for friggin' horse riding! How do you plan on getting on a roof with an effing horse?! that wasnīt the question. now tell me whats the fastest way to the other side of the city ? backflips or a horse ?!? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...the backflip isn't meant to get you across the entire city. It's meant to get you on top of a beam. Riding a horse is indeed faster than running, but I'm not sure how that's at all relevant.

RipYourSpineOut
09-13-2010, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by notafanboy:
who need a backflip when you got a horse !!!!!??

It's not as if you'll be travelling on the roads all the time. Unless your destination is an open area where you can enter it with a horse, the horse is just there to get you close. Parkour/Free-running is a essential part of getting around, and even though horses play a bigger part, we'll probably spend more time free-running then riding a horse.

EDIT*: Also, don't keep that kind of attitude when having a debate on these forums. Attitudes like that lead you to getting suspended or banned.

MolochXX
09-13-2010, 02:49 PM
Hahaha... I just pictured Ezio doing a "reverse cartwheel in the freaking air" in my head. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

notafanboy
09-13-2010, 02:51 PM
donīt you guys think the backflip just looks...... unpolished + judging from the mp videos it looks like they/ezio can pull them selves up faster in this game

Zipzoe100
09-13-2010, 03:52 PM
I bet you will like it if your running from 10 gaurds and climb but they throw rocks. A you will escape and be able to heal or whatever
and B you will not have to deal with those stupid rocks

rain89c
09-13-2010, 04:09 PM
when ezio did it, it looked weird, but im sure if it was a ninja that did it in ac3, it would look more real.

NewBlade200
09-13-2010, 04:15 PM
i like it. it'll speed things up, and in ac1 and 2 i avoided those poles like the ''Freaking'' plauge (oh no i caught the ''Freaking''!). the series will keep evolving, it realy isnt a bad thing http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

FaTaLMeTaL
09-13-2010, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by MolochXX:
Hahaha... I just pictured Ezio doing a "reverse cartwheel in the freaking air" in my head. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

lol me 2 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ..

ok so basically it is like almost impossible to that whit that speed and the range between of those "beams" or what ever you call them.Its ublelivebly close but its allot useful and i dont really hate it.It is just making you go faster because agility is a part from this game +no one sead that this is going to be one of those games where everything has to be realistic and this game has a really good gameplay so.... its kinda usefull http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Abeonis
09-13-2010, 06:44 PM
Erm, you guys are aware that, in actuality, it makes more sense for Ezio to spin around the pole than to simply grab it and pull himself up.

Take the example you're all complaining about; he jumps from a horse which was travelling at a near gallop. If he simply grabbed the pole, the sheer momentum of his movement would fling him forward and crush his legs against the stairs... by spinning, you take that momentum and put some use to it.

Ubisoft have already taken this into consideration with some of the thinner poles in ACII, which require you to swing underneath them, this is no different.

TheMusingMoose
09-13-2010, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
Erm, you guys are aware that, in actuality, it makes more sense for Ezio to spin around the pole than to simply grab it and pull himself up.

Take the example you're all complaining about; he jumps from a horse which was travelling at a near gallop. If he simply grabbed the pole, the sheer momentum of his movement would fling him forward and crush his legs against the stairs... by spinning, you take that momentum and put some use to it.

Ubisoft have already taken this into consideration with some of the thinner poles in ACII, which require you to swing underneath them, this is no different.
That's what I thought would happen too...

bongalak
09-13-2010, 10:24 PM
Ok, I guess I could buy that. The momentum from the horse does make sense, and if it makes the gameplay smoother then I could probably live with it.

Still, even now it looks weird to me. It's gonna take me a while to get used to it.

Oatkeeper
09-13-2010, 10:46 PM
then new trailer shows ezio do it from a horse while being chased but he doesn't go onto another poll, he flips onto the top of the pole he grabbed and then jumps off it to steal the horse his pursuer was riding.

Im thinking as long as its from the horse only, I can live with it.

Akasha_Ishtar
09-14-2010, 12:26 AM
I think the flips I have seen work, they would give him much more speed and height to get up onto buildings and personally I think they look wicked, as I have said before I have always thought that the assassin’s should be able to do this kind of thing, I mean both him and Altaïr are flexible guys, they can pretty much put they legs right over their heads climbing up towers at times so flips seem like a natural thing they should be able to do as well.

Xanatos2007
09-14-2010, 12:30 AM
It seems the older Ubis characters get the more agile they become. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

PlagueDoctor357
09-14-2010, 01:00 AM
The flip makes sense. The new combat looks horrible though. Those gun blasts off the hidden blade and stuff look fromage. I thought he had to flick a switch to shoot with his wrist?? Cheese. The animations are plane bad looking and just not as solid as the other games.

I thought alot of the animations look bad in this compared to the others.

Although the spear throw was amazing.

itsamea-mario
09-14-2010, 01:25 AM
you all seem to dislike the backflip (though i see it as the most efficient way to do it), saying that its impossible. yet you don't seem to complain when he jumps blindly off a tower thats a couple of hundered feet tall, and lands in a hay bail which is about 7 ft by 4 ft, cos that seems perfectly realistic. or the part where you can kill around twenty guards in under a minute, or the part where you charge through the vatican and have a fist fight with the pope.
The point im making is that although the game is trying to scramble at some kind of realism, it is still a game, and games are meant to be fun, and reality is not fun.

EzioAssassin51
09-14-2010, 04:53 AM
I agree with Itsame.

You guys complaining about realism in a game like Assassin's Creed with things like POE's, LOF's and stuff like that makes you seem stupid. If you want to complain about realism, complain about those, not a BACKFLIP which is quite physically possible!

notafanboy
09-14-2010, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
you all seem to dislike the backflip (though i see it as the most efficient way to do it), saying that its impossible. yet you don't seem to complain when he jumps blindly off a tower thats a couple of hundered feet tall, and lands in a hay bail which is about 7 ft by 4 ft, cos that seems perfectly realistic. or the part where you can kill around twenty guards in under a minute, or the part where you charge through the vatican and have a fist fight with the pope.
The point im making is that although the game is trying to scramble at some kind of realism, it is still a game, and games are meant to be fun, and reality is not fun.
as i said b4 the backflip looks unpolished

SlimeDynamiteD
09-14-2010, 09:36 AM
Dude, are you serious? It does look polished. Now stop crying about it and try to change things you can't change. Get along with it and don't whine like a 3-year-old. You Can't Change It.

notafanboy
09-14-2010, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by SlimeDynamiteD:
Dude, are you serious? It does look polished. Now stop crying about it and try to change things you can't change. Get along with it and don't whine like a 3-year-old. You Can't Change It.
dont whine about me whining http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

SlimeDynamiteD
09-14-2010, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by notafanboy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SlimeDynamiteD:
Dude, are you serious? It does look polished. Now stop crying about it and try to change things you can't change. Get along with it and don't whine like a 3-year-old. You Can't Change It.
dont whine about me whining http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not whining, I'm just stating how immature you're acting

notafanboy
09-14-2010, 10:08 AM
why am i immature ? for just cause i have a different opinion ?

SlimeDynamiteD
09-14-2010, 10:14 AM
It's not because you have a different opinion, it's because you keep whining about it and can't accept things that you can't change

notafanboy
09-14-2010, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by SlimeDynamiteD:
It's not because you have a different opinion, it's because you keep whining about it and can't accept things that you can't change is there something wrong with giving ubi feedback ?

SlimeDynamiteD
09-14-2010, 10:37 AM
No, but the way you're doing it is. Besides like I said they changed it because other people kept complaining about it and now you're complaining on how you dislike it. That's life, get over it.

notafanboy
09-14-2010, 10:42 AM
then what should i say ? i dont like it cause i dont like it ?how should i say it

FrankieSatt
09-14-2010, 10:55 AM
I like the reverse cartwheel. It adds to his free running and looks quite natural, compared to everything else he does.

This is a game and you don't see Ezio's free running in real life.

Nothing wrong with it.

hayoye111
09-14-2010, 11:43 AM
Wait, Assassin's Creed had realistic free-running?

My point is, nobody in the world can do what Ezio does with the amount of armour and the number of weapons he has. I guarantee that if anyone tried to do a leap of faith off a 5-story building and tried to land in a stack of hay, nobody would come out of it alive. If making the game less "realistic" means it's going to be smoother and more fun, I'm all for it.

Edit: Just checked out the trailer in question, and I think it's AWESOME!

SBRedFlag
09-14-2010, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by SlimeDynamiteD:
No, but the way you're doing it is. Besides like I said they changed it because other people kept complaining about it and now you're complaining on how you dislike it. That's life, get over it.

Slime, I realize that you're really excited for the game, but you can't jump on people for disagreeing with you. notafanboy isn't saying anything incredibly horrible, he's simply stating that he doesn't like one aspect of the game. Is that so bad?

I personally don't mind the backflip as long as it adds to the gameplay. After all, that's what it's all about. GamePLAY. The point is to PLAY games, and to enjoy them. gamePLAY, PLAY games. gameplay, play games. That's all that really matters to me. And the Assassin's Creed series has incredible gameplay, and that is why I'm a fan of it. Not because of its graphics, not because of its story, but because it is very, very, very, enjoyable to play.

So, in conclusion, there's nothing wrong with stating your opinion, but I disagree with it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SlimeDynamiteD
09-14-2010, 02:28 PM
Fine, you got me there. You win. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

MuffinMan00
09-14-2010, 02:31 PM
I saw it too, so now instead of free running it's parkour? It's not a bad thing though.

itsamea-mario
09-14-2010, 02:54 PM
erm, what do you mean?

SpyderNynja
09-14-2010, 05:20 PM
for someone who actually practices parkour/free running, I have to chime in and tell everyone who is complaining that you really need to let it go http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Ezio is performing a Giant, which is using your body's momentum (easily done from a galloping horse) to swing your body up and over a beam/pole/etc. Landing on top of it and then continuing the free running sequence is fluid and much more dynamic and 100% possible in real life. Don't bicker about him being too old too, I know plenty of 60 year old gymnasts capable of that same move. Think for a second; How long has Ezio been training? He's MORE than capable http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

TheEpicWolf
09-14-2010, 05:43 PM
At the risk of someone telling me i'm wrong i just wanna say i kinda like it. Although the first time i seen it i was like "what the... o_O"

Black_Widow9
09-14-2010, 06:06 PM
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion as long as it's respectful. Please stop bickering. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

hayoye111
09-14-2010, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by swiftslasher7:
for someone who actually practices parkour/free running, I have to chime in and tell everyone who is complaining that you really need to let it go http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Ezio is performing a Giant, which is using your body's momentum (easily done from a galloping horse) to swing your body up and over a beam/pole/etc. Landing on top of it and then continuing the free running sequence is fluid and much more dynamic and 100% possible in real life. Don't bicker about him being too old too, I know plenty of 60 year old gymnasts capable of that same move. Think for a second; How long has Ezio been training? He's MORE than capable http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Glad to hear it from someone who knows about this stuff.