PDA

View Full Version : im sinking why!! no reason

monkey123451234
05-24-2006, 01:06 PM
when i was doing a traning missin in convoy attack i dived to 50 meters then i did a full stop because the hunter had found me...thats when trouble started i was sinking no mather wat i did i could not surface i did a blow balast and ahead flank but it would not work does anbody know why...plus i cant do anything apart from training if i try the game crashes

Sabastian_Healy
05-24-2006, 03:40 PM
your memory is too low for the game, or graphics card cant handel it, most likely the memory is too low, see the box for requirements. happened to me as well, like you said until I droped the 256 and put in a gig of memory sticks

dasgespenst
05-24-2006, 05:38 PM
Hi !
It could be the sound. My computer couldn't run the game until I ran the "dxdiag.exe", chose the "sound" option and set the hardware acceleration to zero. That got me up and running. (sorry - it's a U-boat - I mean DOWN and running...) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

monkey123451234
05-25-2006, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Sabastian_Healy:
your memory is too low for the game, or graphics card cant handel it, most likely the memory is too low, see the box for requirements. happened to me as well, like you said until I droped the 256 and put in a gig of memory sticks
were on bloody earth im im going to get a bunch of memory sticks

monkey123451234
05-25-2006, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by dasgespenst:
Hi !
It could be the sound. My computer couldn't run the game until I ran the "dxdiag.exe", chose the "sound" option and set the hardware acceleration to zero. That got me up and running. (sorry - it's a U-boat - I mean DOWN and running...) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif
i tried lowering it to zero it palys a bit easer but i still wont let me do missions and carers http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Sabastian_Healy
05-25-2006, 02:50 PM
What is the specs of your computer system?

I found that i first ran the game I was below the recomended specs {memory}. My computer has 2 slots for memory cards, i had only 1 with a 256 in it. I bought 2 emeory sticks{cos they look like flat sticks to me {both were 512's} then the problem went away. {what happens is the memory got bogged down with all the actions like graphics, plotting your map, sounds, calculating the plot points and other parameters i entered in the game {depth, speek, ect behind the scrren stuff} that I fiugred the reaction was slow {it was bloody slow to get the boat to do anything or even moe the curser across the screen} all the while my boat slowly sinking when i did a dive. Either made the computer crash to desktop or i could get the boat to do anything, less the curser to move}

You can get memory cards for the computer at local shop , in Canada there less than 60 dollars each.

Hope that helps...

monkey123451234
05-26-2006, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Sabastian_Healy:
What is the specs of your computer system?

I found that i first ran the game I was below the recomended specs {memory}. My computer has 2 slots for memory cards, i had only 1 with a 256 in it. I bought 2 emeory sticks{cos they look like flat sticks to me {both were 512's} then the problem went away. {what happens is the memory got bogged down with all the actions like graphics, plotting your map, sounds, calculating the plot points and other parameters i entered in the game {depth, speek, ect behind the scrren stuff} that I fiugred the reaction was slow {it was bloody slow to get the boat to do anything or even moe the curser across the screen} all the while my boat slowly sinking when i did a dive. Either made the computer crash to desktop or i could get the boat to do anything, less the curser to move}

You can get memory cards for the computer at local shop , in Canada there less than 60 dollars each.

Hope that helps...
my computer is the same as u describe it but the sticks are about 150 euros in ireland

Sabastian_Healy
05-26-2006, 02:58 PM
(cough) asian {cough} knockoffs {cough}

or

"Mother, Wot de chances of me getting an early birthday gift?"

cpt_Alex2006
05-27-2006, 04:25 AM
150 euros? what you pricing up? try ocverclockers.co.uk

Pointless throwing too much money on ram in a really slow pc, maybe just another single 256 to make up, have you checked its ddr? not older sdram?

Alex

cpt_Alex2006
05-27-2006, 04:27 AM
sorry overclockers.co.uk typo