PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with mission maker

patgm193
05-14-2005, 04:53 PM
I have been making a map and cannot figure out how to fly planes that have no cockpit like the B-29, B-17 and the Avenger.I cannot figure out how to use these planes on dogfight so can someone tell me how to do it with out downloading anything. I only got PF installed nothing else

AStotzer
05-14-2005, 04:58 PM
If your using the FMB, then there is a checkbox for the 'Player' in the object window on each of the 'Plane' tabs. If the checkbox is disabled/grayed out, that plane is not flyable by the Player in the game. If it is not disabled, you can check it, and that is the plane you will fly.

Also, I don't think the B-17 was available in the Pacific...

And, I don't think bombers dogfight.

plumps_
05-15-2005, 12:32 AM
Patgm193, you should find the information you're looking for in the Mission Builder Forum. There's a sticky thread titled "On-line Dogfight Aircraft List for AEP".

You add those planes to a dogfight map with the help of a text editor. When you fly the mission you'll have to select a flyable aircraft and hit the "Fly" button first before you can fly AI planes. Of course external views must be enabled as AI aircraft don't have a cockpit.

GoToAway
05-15-2005, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by AStotzer:
Also, I don't think the B-17 was available in the Pacific... The B-17 most definitely was available in the Pacific. They flew many, many missions, especially early on. There were even a number of B-17s that participated in Midway.