PDA

View Full Version : boo hoo can't get URU live to work

empresswarrior
01-06-2008, 12:27 PM
Okay I've done some searches, and found a few posts about Verizon and such, (and don't understand what that has to do with anything,) and so cannot figure why after registering with Gametap, and after waiting and waiting for Uru live to download, it is hung up on a screeb "Checking for patcher update" it just sits there. I am on XP 2002 and need to know if this is going to work or not. Sorry if this is a bit of a rant. I have played Riven and Myst and wanted to go back to that now that I have a little time.

Heimdall_G
01-06-2008, 03:01 PM
Welcome to the Forums!

First, try turning off your anti-virus software, especially if it's Norton, then try downloading again. (Also, while your PC "just sits there", make sure that it's not actually doing something, as in check for Internet activity. Sometimes the patcher download takes a long time.) Don't forget to turn your anti-virus software back on when you're done downloading.

If that doesn't help, please post a DxDiag report in this topic. For a how-to, see Uru: System Requirements and Posting Guidelines (http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/524109302/m/937105842), under POSTING GUIDELINES, To post a DxDiag report. Run all of the graphics and sound tests you can before saving the report to a file, and post *all* of the file.

If the manufacturer and exact model number of your PC aren't shown under 'System Information' (System Manufacturer and System Model) at the top of the report, also include that information in your post. Or, if you built your system or it was put together locally for you, include the manufacturer and exact model number of your motherboard.

Heimdall
Semper ubi sub ubi