PDA

View Full Version : So where did the AI go?

XyZspineZyX
09-04-2003, 10:10 PM
The AI in beta were great, they would mix it up a bit, break out and extend, zoom, even run through a merge. They don't do squat now but a constant lead turn, again, same as version 1, what gives?

Beta was 10 times the combat sim, seriously considering sticking with it. Guess the AI were dragging to many weak systems down or something, so needed to be dumbed down. Not much change from 1 to this, huge change in the beta, I liked it. Going back for solo play.

Some of the new stuff is funny, fight a vet or ace rata with an La-7, you'd swear they were the exact same flight models with the La turning just a hair better. What a hoot, funny stuff.

XyZspineZyX
09-04-2003, 10:10 PM
The AI in beta were great, they would mix it up a bit, break out and extend, zoom, even run through a merge. They don't do squat now but a constant lead turn, again, same as version 1, what gives?

Beta was 10 times the combat sim, seriously considering sticking with it. Guess the AI were dragging to many weak systems down or something, so needed to be dumbed down. Not much change from 1 to this, huge change in the beta, I liked it. Going back for solo play.

Some of the new stuff is funny, fight a vet or ace rata with an La-7, you'd swear they were the exact same flight models with the La turning just a hair better. What a hoot, funny stuff.

XyZspineZyX
09-04-2003, 10:15 PM
Do the AI still waste all ammo against a target in a slight banking turn?

How about AI behavior in a big QMB 16x16 furball (or much larger in FMB)? I found the AI faults less indivdually noticeable in *big* dogfights in Patch 1.1b, mainly cos too much was going on to take in yourself. And you had to watch your back cos they like to sneak up on you....especially their wing persons/personettes. That was well done the way they covered their leaders.

Message Edited on 09/04/0309:17PM by LEXX_Luthor

XyZspineZyX
09-04-2003, 10:18 PM
You guys can`t possibly have found this much out concerning AI yet? The README says only ME262 was adjusted for take offs!

"Tis better to work towards an Impossible Good, rather than a Possible Evil."

SeaFireLIV.

Message Edited on 09/04/0309:19PM by SeaFireLIV

XyZspineZyX
09-04-2003, 10:42 PM
I know a lead turner when I see one, and it's all they got in the bag of tricks.

Try a rata against a vet or ace La-7, easy and quick massacre. The La-7 is too stupid to ever extend in time, make a fast snack out of him. Once your on him he attempts to run, but far too late. Childs play, round and round and round they go. In the beta I'd be dead meat in that match up. Tell me nothings changed in AI.

XyZspineZyX
09-04-2003, 11:14 PM
LEXX_Luthor wrote:
- Do the AI still waste all ammo against a target in a
- slight banking turn?
-
- How about AI behavior in a big QMB 16x16 furball (or
- much larger in FMB)? I found the AI faults less
- indivdually noticeable in *big* dogfights in
- Patch 1.1b, mainly cos too much was going on to take
- in yourself. And you had to watch your back cos they
- like to sneak up on you....especially their wing
- persons/personettes. That was well done the way they
- covered their leaders.
-
-
-
- Message Edited on 09/04/03 09:17PM by
- LEXX_Luthor

Vets and average both spray and still dump ammo in steady banks. They do have a nice new trick though, can hit you from the side angles with extreme deflections with a two bullet burst or single cannon round fired. Golden BB's with your name engraved. Once again, safest place to have them is on your six or straight on the nose.

Can't discern much difference in vet and average performance. Both hit the incredible deflections, very lethal with a killing hit each time, better than any previous Ace levels. You'll be hearing whining once the solo players get back into campaigns. Both do about equally well in head on shots, a bit better than in beta but not as bad as 1.

In a 12 vs 12 average, both sides Lagg-41's, for firepower. Ends up in tail chases, groups of four or five aircraft chasing each other mixed blue red blue red straight line in different directions. Usually the first burst is full of gold BB's, than can't hit them even in a straight run. They aren't as aware as in the beta with enemy pulling along side until the collision mode kicks in. Pretty much gone back to version one.