PDA

View Full Version : game will not start

William_966
05-18-2006, 11:40 AM
I downloaded the update patches 4.03 and 4.04, when I started the game..PF+FB+AEP the game shut down right after I hit the shortcut
What have I done wrong?
I Installed all the previous updates in order, starting with 3.03m.
I used the PC Pilot DVD-rom to upload the patches.
The game was working fine untill I install the new downloads.......arrrrrrrgh I want to fly the Temptest! Help!

Low_Flyer_MkVb
05-18-2006, 01:57 PM
This might help:-
Go into your ubi/FB folder and send your Il-2FBexe icon to desktop as a shortcut. If that doesn't work, treat this as a bump. Any other ideas guys?

rnzoli
05-18-2006, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by William_966:
patches 4.03 and 4.04

PF+FB+AEP

starting with 3.03m.

Maybe it's a typo, but I don't see the "m" (=merged) letter after the patch versions you just installed.

Hopefully you haven't installed the normal PF 4.03 and 4.04 on the merged FB+AEP+PF install, have you?

William_966
05-18-2006, 05:19 PM
I have since gone back and reinstalled the whole thing-----again. I did not install the "OstFront yet. It work fine now. Im afraid to use the PC Pilot DVD, it caused the problems in the first place.
Should I what for the merged package to arrive in stores....my understanding that it contains all of the updates? I shop at Fry's in Phoenix,AZ.
I did notice that new skins are in the Ubisoft folder.....so why are they not in the game?