PDA

View Full Version : Free AC 1 on PS3

dpool23
11-18-2011, 07:37 AM
I've installed the game but when I hit start nothing happens. Anyone else have this issue? Do I need to do something else before I play it?

ian88_493
11-18-2011, 07:47 AM
Yes it doesn't work for me either! We should both report it.

Blind2Society
11-18-2011, 08:05 AM
Yes, you should and I'm sure Shade will pop in and agree. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Though, just so you know, this is why there is a pinned bugs and issues thread. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

sticks165
11-18-2011, 10:17 AM
its working fine for me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Xtrava
11-18-2011, 04:09 PM
Mine was an HD version of MGS1.

Sarari
11-18-2011, 07:39 PM
So its graphics are improved?? Damn, my favorite AC game was AC1 :/

Zire1022
11-19-2011, 02:51 AM
my question is if they went thew the effort of putting ac1 on the blueray why didn't they add trophys? /raged

AssassinVulpy
11-19-2011, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by Zire1022:
my question is if they went thew the effort of putting ac1 on the blueray why didn't they add trophys? /raged
It's hard to add little things like that in a game. They have to code the thing that triggers the trophies and put it in the game, which can be tedious. That game wasn't built for Trophies (The PS3 version. I'm not sure about Xbox or PC.) and it's hard to add different functions in a big game like AC. I think the enhanced graphics are enough.

Believe me, I've tried making a game before. The coding and programming is very hard.

Zire1022
11-19-2011, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by AssassinVulpy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zire1022:
It's hard to add little things like that in a game. They have to code the thing that triggers the trophies and put it in the game, which can be tedious. That game wasn't built for Trophies (The PS3 version. I'm not sure about Xbox or PC.) and it's hard to add different functions in a big game like AC. I think the enhanced graphics are enough.

Believe me, I've tried making a game before. The coding and programming is very hard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
they already have them for the xbox version just port those and i would be happy.

Gil_217
11-19-2011, 04:22 AM
So the AC1 that comes with ACR is better than the original?? If so, in which things is it better?

LightRey
11-19-2011, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by Zire1022:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AssassinVulpy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zire1022:

Believe me, I've tried making a game before. The coding and programming is very hard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
they already have them for the xbox version just port those and i would be happy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You can't "port" achievements to trophies. They're not designed to do such things.

Xtrava
11-19-2011, 05:08 AM
I can't see how difficult it would really be..

If player kills mentor then
trophy.surpassyourmentor = true
End if

If trophy.surpassyourmentor = true then
ps3trophy.score = +1
End if

That's the basic logic that would be needed, they could so easily do this in whatever language it is. Would take them a few hours to add a decent amount of trophies, at least for each memory sequence completed or something.

LightRey
11-19-2011, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by Xtrava:
I can't see how difficult it would really be..

If player kills mentor then
trophy.surpassyourmentor = true
End if

If trophy.surpassyourmentor = true then
ps3trophy.score = +1
End if

That's the basic logic that would be needed, they could so easily do this in whatever language it is. Would take them a few hours to add a decent amount of trophies, at least for each memory sequence completed or something.
AC1 was designed for PS2, not PS3. It's not coded for trophies.

persiateddy95
11-19-2011, 05:29 AM
Huh, no.

AC1 on Xbox has trophies, but at the time the PS3 did not have Trophies support.

Gil_217
11-19-2011, 05:31 AM
Does anybody know if the AC 1 that comes with ACR is better than the original?

LightRey
11-19-2011, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by persiateddy95:
Huh, no.

AC1 on Xbox has trophies, but at the time the PS3 did not have Trophies support.
Xbox has achievements not trophies. Either way the game was never programmed for trophies and expecting implementing it to be easy is ridiculous.

PhiIs1618033
11-19-2011, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by Gil_217:
There is no such thing. :P

It's the same as the original game, I think.

LightRey
11-19-2011, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gil_217:
There is no such thing. :P

It's the same as the original game, I think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, it's identical to the original. No additions or fixes.