PDA

View Full Version : New View or View Plus

MZ6
01-13-2005, 01:23 PM
I just became aware of these little apps for FB. It seems they do the same thing but which is better; or I should say, what are the benefits of each

MZ6
01-13-2005, 01:23 PM
I just became aware of these little apps for FB. It seems they do the same thing but which is better; or I should say, what are the benefits of each

CzechTexan
01-15-2005, 10:13 PM
I prefer Viewplus. NewView I thought needed good lighting to help it work well. My room does not have perfect lighting so that didn't help the matter.

Tully__
01-16-2005, 01:29 AM
Got a link for Viewplus?

Nubarus
01-16-2005, 04:35 AM
Here you go Tully.

http://www.airwarfare.com/Sims/FB/fb_viewplus.htm

TX-Copper
01-16-2005, 05:53 AM
I run new view, cause gf would kill me if I bought track ir, whats the advantage to view plus if you don't mind explaining.

I'm used to new view, so am wondering if its worth it for me to install view plus.

OutaFocus
01-17-2005, 03:17 AM
bump

-HH-Quazi
01-17-2005, 03:24 AM
Probably not that much difference between the two of them. I have used ViewPlus seems like forever. I am going to try NewView and see what the difference is myself. Once I do, and no one has posted about their differences, then I will post.

VK_Dim
01-17-2005, 03:29 AM
I'm usin viewplus. It's great piece of software. I see that the new version is out too. Gonna download when they post the link to it.

WOLFMondo
01-17-2005, 03:41 AM
New view seems to be a bit jerky but does work ok.

View plus is very smooth but with view plus it has to run in the background and I found if a pressed F9 (as configured to change from pan to snap view) all view control was lost and I had to close down the game and view plus and reopen them both which is very frustrating. Its the best of them both but more frustrating to get to grips with. It also crashes allot and the save function could be a little better.

JG54_Steven
01-17-2005, 06:57 AM
Check this post http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=23110283&m=8121025462&r=4381057462#4381057462

FB view plus v2.8 just released!
May be you guys still use the 1.0beta,but we already have v1.2/2.0/2.7 & 2.71 released before.
Thx for your suggests and hope you guys have a lot of fun with ithttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

dieg777
01-19-2005, 05:20 AM
just tried out viewplus after using newview for a while and here are my thoughts-

minus point- when scrolling viewplus seems a bit jerky

plus points-
1) I like the ability to change from pan to snap- it makes checking 6 easy.
2) Like the ability to rotate set angles left and right, up and down.
3) Its not difficult to modify config file with program to set up your own snap views.So I have set mine up for 4 baisic views-
45 up front
straight up
60 up + back left
60 up + back right

still playing with it so might be able to smooth pan but I think Ill stick with it for a while.

Yskonyn23
01-20-2005, 07:50 AM
Are you guys talking about NewView, the plugin for Cam2Pan?
Because Newview is mainly intended for a camera setup like the TrackIR hardware.
Newview does indeed make it possible to use your HAT switch to view around if you don't have a camera to detect your head movement, but as far as I understand Newview was intended for a Cam2Pan camera setup and not as a normal view alternative like Viewplus.

BBloke
01-20-2005, 09:06 AM
Hi All,

I've been using NewView for some time. I like it a lot and my understanding is NewView is for those without a camera so you can have steady gradiented movements using the HAT.

Cam2Pan is a seperate program to use with a camera.

There is nothing in NewView configurable for TrackIR alternative.

I know you can set keys to position locations much the same as described for ViewPlus.

I read with NewView readme that you should remove any entries relating to viewing in game. (You need to physically amend the settings.ini file for each pilot in notepad.) i.e. F9 Snap and pan, numpad keys for viewing and hat switch POV.

If I wasn't at work I'd post my settings file so you can see what I took out or use it you wished.

S~

Yskonyn23
01-20-2005, 09:10 AM
Wrong I am afraid, you CAN configure NewView for a camera thingy.
That's what the helmet mode is for in its config. Then enable the 'external data/Cam2Pan' option and voila.

I don't understand, though, why people would want to use a seperate view program if not using a camera... I mean pressing F9 will switch from snap to panning view which is the same as the one you get when using NewView.
Anyone, care to explain?

MZ6
01-20-2005, 09:22 AM
I thought this thread had died and here I check back days later and have tons of info, Thanks!!

Tully__
01-20-2005, 11:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Yskonyn23:
I don't understand, though, why people would want to use a seperate view program if not using a camera... I mean pressing F9 will switch from snap to panning view which is the same as the one you get when using NewView.
Anyone, care to explain? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The stock in game pan view isn't a true pan, it only stops at a limited number of discrete angles. With NewView or ViewPlus you can smooth pan and stop at any angle, almost as flexible as using the mouse.

Nubarus, thanks for the link http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Zentaurus
01-20-2005, 01:16 PM
New view is a perfect little piece of software, i use it with my hatswitch and it allows the perfectly customisable viewsystem. I have completely fluid movements (without any jerkyness).
It allows to set up the panning speed in both axis seperately, acceleration of panning, and at the same time switching to predefined views and so forth. Basically you can set up everything about the view system what you like.
Its absolutely stable, takes no resources, has no probs with taskswitching etc.
It can also be used with something called UR helmet which was a cheap trackir like device...
It is not meant to be used with cameras.
It is activated by registering a dll file and activating the track IR support in conf.ini.

Its only drawback is that its a bit confusing and complicated to set up. But when done its perfect. I havent changed my settings for two years now, throughout all kinds of patches and addons etc.

Yours,
II/JG54_Zent

VMF-214_HaVoK
01-20-2005, 02:10 PM
FB View Plus for me. And there is a new version out. Was a thread by the author just a few days ago.

Petrosky
01-20-2005, 03:57 PM
I have used newview for about a year now and think it works fine before i installed it i had track ir never could get the thing to run how i wanted when i found newview i switched to it and sold the track ir. works great for me no sorrows about move.

Petrosky