PDA

View Full Version : Matchmaking!

Hilmario
12-15-2010, 04:02 AM
After trying to get into a match for 30 minutes (!?), i finally manage to get past the "synchronizing" part where each team choose their avatar, skill set etc..

Only to get some idiot named "CultCola" join.. He don`t pick an avatar leaving 7 of us waiting for 5+ minutes before some of us finally realize that MP is futile and leave.

Who is the mastermind behind this system? First of all you need at least 30 minutes to get into a game, you also have no way to kick ******s like "CultCola" who deliberate ruin the game. Waited for 1 hour now, trying at least 15 times.. Seems like i won`t get to play any AC:Brotherhood today.

Perdair
12-15-2010, 04:10 AM
I've seen that happen a few times too, where there is just one or two players who don't pick a persona. I'm wondering if it's something they're doing on purpose, though. isn't there a countdown then it picks something for you?

andrew.d.suter
12-15-2010, 04:40 AM
up till last night ive never had a problem. Maybe it sticks on 'waiting for players' but after a few minute si just quit out, back to main menu and go back in and it works straight away.

When it does struggle, thats when i find myself amongst players from lvl 7 to 41 and thats a ranked match!.

Last night (GMT) was poor though, first time ive had it.

FANIS1993
12-15-2010, 04:54 AM
there are some other reasons that maybe this happening:
1. your connection isn't good
2. the time you play may not playing other players or they play in other matches.
3. the matchmaking system which i think thats what it is because it can't be always the connection or how many players they are online so UBISOFT DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS

TheRighteousOne
12-15-2010, 05:20 AM
Yeah I've noticed this. The game reaches the countdown, but the auto select takes a several seconds to kick in. Then the game will wait at each stage if new people join for them to go through the whole process. And if one of those people lag out, it doesn't kick them from the match immediately. So you're stuck there angrily waiting. This is particularly annoying in manhunt because it will do it between rounds so while you suddenly have the overwhelming urge to get that one person back, this acts as a buzz kill. This system is designed to start games with full rosters but it causes more people to quit than join.

Hilmario
12-15-2010, 05:26 AM
Finally managed to play a few matches before "XXXFaxztor66" joins without choosing a character, and that was between the rounds in manhunt. I decided to quit then..

EscoBlades
12-15-2010, 05:46 AM
Installing to your hard drive makes the game load quicker. That being said, sometimes it isn't the fault of the person, their name might show up on the player list, but they could be stuck in the loading screen, unable to do anything.

Scondly, i keep hearing people saying it took them half an hour to find a game. You are doing it wrong. If after 3-5 minutes, you are still waiting for Abstergo agents, then back out and start again. I can assure you that you won't have to back out too many times before you either find a game, or the servers merge you (and your party) with another.

Hilmario
12-15-2010, 10:16 AM
I did back out every 2-3 minutes while attempting to join a game, still it took over 40 minutes.

obliviondoll
12-15-2010, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by postwick:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EscoBlades:
Installing to your hard drive makes the game load quicker. That being said, sometimes it isn't the fault of the person, their name might show up on the player list, but they could be stuck in the loading screen, unable to do anything.

Scondly, i keep hearing people saying it took them half an hour to find a game. You are doing it wrong. If after 3-5 minutes, you are still waiting for Abstergo agents, then back out and start again. I can assure you that you won't have to back out too many times before you either find a game, or the servers merge you (and your party) with another.

this would be true if the matchmaking system didn't put you RIGHT BACK INTO THE SAME FROZEN SESSION when you quit and go back in.

the only time this works is if you get lucky and everyone left the frozen session so it doesn't exist any more. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually you only need to get lucky enough to have the host leave...

sandmanssorrow
12-15-2010, 10:28 AM
It happens but I never sit there for 30 minutes waiting for it to work. After about three minutes if the game mode hasn't initiated I back out and look again, if it still doesn't work I jump to a mode specific search, usually Manhunt since a lot of people play that and then it's off to the races.
There's a lot of people on here who've stated that they've waited for 45 minutes or an hour etc to get into a game, if you're not doing it specifically to time it so you can make a technical complaint about it why in the name of all that's Holy are you sitting there for so long just....waiting. If the games are never starting no matter what you do I think you have a regional or service provider issue.
I run two different forms of internet connection on two separate systems and although I do infrequently run into a failed process I NEVER cannot find a match.

Hilmario
12-15-2010, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by sandmanssorrow:
There's a lot of people on here who've stated that they've waited for 45 minutes or an hour etc to get into a game, if you're not doing it specifically to time it so you can make a technical complaint about it why in the name of all that's Holy are you sitting there for so long just....waiting. If the games are never starting no matter what you do I think you have a regional or service provider issue.
I run two different forms of internet connection on two separate systems and although I do infrequently run into a failed process I NEVER cannot find a match.

/facepalm

That was not the case here smartass, read my posts. I tried atleast 15 times, and every time I managed to synchronize with others some "ghost" joined prohibiting us other from playing.

Hilmario
12-15-2010, 10:37 AM
The system is flawed and they should do something about it.

Jimmy2495
12-15-2010, 10:38 AM
Since the patch I've been able to play without waiting for too long. I just hit "Play Now" and it finds a game in about 30 seconds...

But I've had some other issues, like losing the HUD when I assassinate my target, or not getting a target... And I didn't have them before.

Cloudfuel
12-15-2010, 11:00 AM
I really don't understand this issue... I have NEVER EVER waited more than 5 minutes and I've played this game religiously since DAY 1. Sorry.. just don't see the problem here. If you are waiting at the animus loading screen, back out... if you are waiting at an actual map screen, normally it goes to the game, but if not then back out.

sandmanssorrow
12-15-2010, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Cotilli0n:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sandmanssorrow:
There's a lot of people on here who've stated that they've waited for 45 minutes or an hour etc to get into a game, if you're not doing it specifically to time it so you can make a technical complaint about it why in the name of all that's Holy are you sitting there for so long just....waiting. If the games are never
starting no matter what you do I think you have a regional or service provider issue.
I run two different forms of internet connection on two separate systems and although I do infrequently run into a failed process I
NEVER cannot find a match.

That was not the case here smartass, read my posts. I tried atleast 15 times, and every time I managed to synchronize with others some "ghost" joined prohibiting us other from playing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did read your post. Like I said it seems like a regional issue if it's always occurring.
As far as your smart@$$ comment, shut your mouth.
And the "face palm"' ha ha, if you get satisfaction from some RPG oriented virtual (read'pretend) form of phsyical conflict I guess I really shouldn't be messing with you, you're obviously lost in a world of make believe already.

obliviondoll
12-15-2010, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Cloudfuel:
I really don't understand this issue... I have NEVER EVER waited more than 5 minutes and I've played this game religiously since DAY 1. Sorry.. just don't see the problem here. If you are waiting at the animus loading screen, back out... if you are waiting at an actual map screen, normally it goes to the game, but if not then back out.
Just because you haven't had issues, doesn't mean other players haven't.

Ubisoft have acknowledged that there were day 1 matchmaking problems, and there's PLENTY of evidence to support the idea that they're not fully resolved by the last patch, so stop saying that just because YOU haven't experienced issues, other people CAN'T have. Online gaming isn't that simplistic.

sandmanssorrow
12-15-2010, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cloudfuel:
I really don't understand this issue... I have NEVER EVER waited more than 5 minutes and I've played this game religiously since DAY 1. Sorry.. just don't see the problem here. If you are waiting at the animus loading screen, back out... if you are waiting at an actual map screen, normally it goes to the game, but if
not then back out.
Just because you haven't had issues, doesn't mean other players haven't.

Ubisoft have acknowledged that there were day 1
matchmaking problems, and there's PLENTY of
evidence to support the idea that they're not
fully resolved by the last patch, so stop
saying that just because YOU haven't
experienced issues, other people CAN'T have.
Online gaming isn't that simplistic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He didn't say others "can't" have experienced the problem he said he didn't understand it. I don't either because I can't duplicate and therefore verify it.
If the evidence you're referring to is the multitude of people who get on here complaining about game issues habitually I would say it's not evidence until it is verifiable and taking the word of individuals that think hay bales "suck" you in or "abilities" are broken because they cannot get satisfaction from them is not a sensible way to approach troubleshooting, testing and repair.

obliviondoll
12-15-2010, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by sandmanssorrow:
He didn't say others "can't" have experienced the problem he said he didn't understand it. I don't either because I can't duplicate and therefore verify it.
If the evidence you're referring to is the multitude of people who get on here complaining about game issues habitually I would say it's not evidence until it is verifiable and taking the word of individuals that think hay bales "suck" you in or "abilities" are broken because they cannot get satisfaction from them is not a sensible way to approach troubleshooting, testing and repair.
The evidence is that there are a LOT of players who have posted their complaints here, in the feedback and patch threads, and that I've personally experienced issues a few times myself. Not to the extent many have claimed, and I'm not saying they're all legitimate, but there appear to be enough of them that I'm inclined to take them seriously.

While even that isn't a definitive "there's a problem", the fact that Ubi have openly stated that there are issues with the matchmaking IS proof that there's an issue.

sandmanssorrow
12-15-2010, 12:44 PM
Agreed and verifying the discrepancy is always the first step. I haven't been able to do it since the patch.
I CAN get a loop where the match won't start but backing out and re-initiating always corrects.

EscoBlades
12-16-2010, 09:50 AM
Here's a tip (mainly for 360 players)

If you keep on getting thrown into the same lobby that you just left (frozen or otherwise), then use the "Avoid Player Option" via your recent players list, and just avoid one person from the most recent set of players.

This works across most online games. Your chances of getting matched up with them again will drastically reduce. Then start your serach again.

The other option is to adjust your playtimes slightly, to catch the period when MOST players are online.

Nuno987
12-16-2010, 11:52 AM
maybe ur connection sucks? maybe? no?