PDA

View Full Version : There are Hidden Assassination moves *A must Read*

Crash_Plague
01-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Ok, I'm sure that a bunch of people know about this already, but I only found it on my second playthrough and found the secret to one of them.

We all know that there are low profile (like just stab in the back) assassinations and High profile ones (jumping up and has a cut scene)

But I discovered several other "hidden" moves that require a certain button combo/timing.

Type 1: The execution

You all saw this in the beginning of the game (used on the old man) and in the gameplay video a E3.

Basically, you have to WALK up BEHIND a guard, the hold High Profile, and as you press X (or attack) you also push up with the stick.

Altair will hit their knees, force down their head, and shove the blade into their neck.

This is High Profile, but is very quiet.

Type 2: The Running Stab

Ok, I'm not entirely sure how to pull this off, but you guy can experiment. What Altair does is stab them in the stomach, then pivots their body around the stab point and drops them to the ground.

I did it by running (not sprinting) up to a guard, then when a little away from him I let go of run and press X (or attack) and it is kind of like a tackle or body check, but with a knife, lol.

Type 3: Blade in the EYE!!

OK, I only did this once, and haven't had time to try it out but I think it is the same principal as the first move, but from the front.

Altair grabs the persons head, then shoves his hidden blade into their eye and they scream, then die as Altair lowers them to the ground.

These are all that I have found , I am sure there are more, so keep button smashing! lolz. Not Really.

PS

These are all ASSASINATION MOVES, not counters.

But counters with the Hidden blade are fun too.

Kid_Phazon
01-02-2008, 04:12 PM
It'll be quite fun to see some new moves now that I'm done.

I also haven't' figured out how to jump from a wall and assassinate.

Crash_Plague
01-02-2008, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Kid_Phazon:
It'll be quite fun to see some new moves now that I'm done.

I also haven't' figured out how to jump from a wall and assassinate.

I don't think it's possible, unless you are VERY close to the person you wanna kill. I can always do it on viewpoints, but thats not really a death from wall.

SQHero
01-02-2008, 05:16 PM
These aren't hidden?! They are just hi-prof assassination moves. It's not eye stab btw. Altair shove his blade in the poor dude's guts then lays him down.

Kid_Phazon
01-02-2008, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by SQHero:
These aren't hidden?! They are just hi-prof assassination moves. It's not eye stab btw. Altair shove his blade in the poor dude's guts then lays him down. Those are two different ones

@CP: You can do them from veiw points? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

schoolboytom
01-02-2008, 05:44 PM
wooo these sounds cool...... all ive managed to do is the front stab back stab (low profile ones) and the jumping oness.......

... I have managed to jump from wall into assassination.... you just jump at the person you want to stab and rapidly tap x so you don't miss the opportunity of the assassination due to the effects of gravity.

Crash_Plague
01-02-2008, 05:45 PM
like when there is a guard on top a view point, and there is like a raised wall next to him, yo camn jump from that and kill kill.

Hard to explain, but you know what I mean.

Kid_Phazon
01-02-2008, 05:48 PM
yeah I get what you mean.
I just noticed your avatar is the same Altair from my sig. lol

EDIT: WTF and Toms!

Crash_Plague
01-02-2008, 05:50 PM
These aren't hidden?! They are just hi-prof assassination moves. It's not eye stab btw. Altair shove his blade in the poor dude's guts then lays him down.

Well you need certain button combos to pull them off so I'd call them hidden.

EDIT:

lol, yeah I guess it is a popular image. I mean, it is a pretty badass look he's giving, lmao.

jcody
01-02-2008, 06:01 PM
These are totally NOT hidden. i've done them all in my first round. They are all the same, they are all standard high profile kills. Just like the jump and take down from behind, but while you are still.

There is no secret combination to doing them (meaning all of the run/not spring/let go/press this is all wrong) it's just random like counter attacks and combo kills, so they are not hidden.

Really, not a discovery AT ALL.

Also, assassinating from above/a wall is a bit tricky. You have to be at the right angle and distance. While you are still, hold the high profile button, and look for the "assassinate" key on the control pad icon and just press it. You can be about 20 ft. up, but i think actual linear distance (not how high you are) determines if you can actually do it or not.

Crash_Plague
01-02-2008, 06:09 PM
Really? I didn't think they were random since I was able to control the outcome of the assassination with the buttons.

oh well, if you say soo http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

EDIT

I change my mind, I know for sure that you can at least control the "execution" style assassination.

jcody
01-02-2008, 06:15 PM
It is random in the same means as the low profile assassinations.

Execution style assassination is done by standing still, approaching from behind, then holding high profile and assassinating.

The stab in the face when they stick their arm at you after is done the same way, it's probabally just affected by which way they are facing you (just like the low profile assassinations)

It isn't determined by controls. It's laid out exactly like the low profile ones.

- Also, thanks for the mature reply. Hard to find that on most forums.

Crash_Plague
01-02-2008, 06:20 PM
hmm, that makes sense. lol, kinda makes the thread pointless though.

But the more you know the better....

'CAUSE KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!!!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

webswinger93
01-03-2008, 06:35 AM
It's your position that determines what kind of kill it will be. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

If your far away from your "prey" Altair will jump-kill. If your close he'll just stab.

Lizard000
01-03-2008, 06:57 AM

It's not random at all!

-Pressing assassination button while standing still with low-profile triggers the normal subtle assassinations.

-Pressing assassination button while standing still with high-profile triggers the Execution style assassinations.

-Pressing assassination button while running towards target while far from target triggers leap assassinations.

-Pressing assassination button while running towards target while close to target triggers tackle assassinations.

Note that these assassinations are different depending on position relative to the target. (standing in front or behind, sides ect.)

Also, It doesn't matter if you are free-running or just running in high-profile while doing the last two assassinations.

P.S. I haven't won the game yet, yet I still know this. I'm enjoying the game the way it's supposed to be enjoyed. ^^

jcody
01-03-2008, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Lizard000:

It's not random at all!

-Pressing assassination button while standing still with low-profile triggers the normal subtle assassinations.

-Pressing assassination button while standing still with high-profile triggers the Execution style assassinations.

-Pressing assassination button while running towards target while far from target triggers leap assassinations.

-Pressing assassination button while running towards target while close to target triggers tackle assassinations.

Note that these assassinations are different depending on position relative to the target. (standing in front or behind, sides ect.)

Also, It doesn't matter if you are free-running or just running in high-profile while doing the last two assassinations.

P.S. I haven't won the game yet, yet I still know this. I'm enjoying the game the way it's supposed to be enjoyed. ^^

Yes, this is all correct. Perhaps random wasn't the best word, but it is not determined by any certain order of pressing buttons. If you re-read my post:

affected by which way they are facing you (just like the low profile assassinations)

It isn't determined by controls. It's laid out exactly like the low profile ones.

Lizard000
01-03-2008, 12:26 PM
Somehow that made me happy ^^

schoolboytom
01-03-2008, 02:04 PM
lol

i tried these out today..... there cool lol ^^

oh and by the way if you're talking to me about avatar being same as your signature then actually no.... same altair face but different setting and background..... sorry.. if it resembles yours and lol crash_plagues has same face so you know....its populars

and yeah he does have a badass look ^^

Mr_Hugykinz
01-03-2008, 02:24 PM
Let me clarify:

Hold RT and press X while in front of someone (not moving) for the "stab in the forehead" one.

Hold RT and press X behind someone (not moving) for the "slam to the knees and stab through the neck" one.

Hold RT and press X while running behind someone for the "ump on them" one.

This ones tricky, run at someone, and right before you stab them, stop, and press X.

The ledge one is easy also. Get on a ledge higher then your target, target them, walk over to the edge of the ledge (rhyme =D) and Alty will get into high profile stance. Press X.

Happy?

avsrule247
01-03-2008, 03:42 PM

They are not hidden, but a lot of people don't know that you can do them. I think that is what he meant by hidden.

Crash_Plague
01-03-2008, 07:14 PM
that IS a good summary of what I was thinking.