PDA

View Full Version : Where does everyone fly??

nvrsummer2
10-11-2007, 05:47 PM
Just wondering where everyone flies online?? Hyperlobby?? All seeing eye..... I am just getting back in and am looking for a good teacher or noob server. I dont wanna be cannon fodder for all you hard core vets!!! Thanks guys

BrotherVoodoo
10-11-2007, 05:49 PM
Hyperlobby is where you'll find most of the gang.

bigbossmalone
10-12-2007, 02:43 AM
You'll find me in front of my rig in my bedroom...
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Whirlin_merlin
10-12-2007, 03:04 AM
WARNING SHAMLESS PLUG AHEAD

You would be welcome on our servers (UK dedicated) we frown on the noob word. We have a TS server where you will usually find someone to advise, wing up with etc.

Servers.

UK1 External views enabled, icons, cockpit not locked. Vuclching/ base camping not allowed so unlike some other servers with 'easier settings' you do get a chance to get airborne and fight on equal terms.
UK2 Ext views enabled but 'pit locked, limited friendly icons.
UK3 No ext views, locked pit, limited friendly icons.

All have a vairety of maps from different fronts with ground objectives and historic/semi-historic plane sets.
All can be found at HL and ASE.

crucislancer
10-12-2007, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Whirlin_merlin:
WARNING SHAMLESS PLUG AHEAD

You would be welcome on our servers (UK dedicated) we frown on the noob word. We have a TS server where you will usually find someone to advise, wing up with etc.

Servers.

UK1 External views enabled, icons, cockpit not locked. Vuclching/ base camping not allowed so unlike some other servers with 'easier settings' you do get a chance to get airborne and fight on equal terms.
UK2 Ext views enabled but 'pit locked, limited friendly icons.
UK3 No ext views, locked pit, limited friendly icons.

All have a vairety of maps from different fronts with ground objectives and historic/semi-historic plane sets.
All can be found at HL and ASE.

When I go online, UK1 is usually where I go. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

msalama
10-12-2007, 08:45 AM
Yep, Hyperlobby & the AFW for the most part now, plus some ZvsW for a good measure every now and then too...

VMF-214_Pappy
10-12-2007, 09:51 AM
Everyone now fly in arcade only servers, like SOF, UKded 1 and 334th, this is why hyperlobby is dieing it use to be mostly cockpit on or full difficulty servers but this place has now turned into UBI arcade lobby. So now if u want to join a server with anyone in it these days you have to join wonderwoman view, there is still zekes vs wildcats and spits vs 109's etc but they are rarely populated with more than 10. So the death of Hyperlobby and il2 will be lack of realism. Yes its fun to fly arcade from time to time but when that is all pilots will do us hardcore simmers dont have many choices these days. When i joined Hyperlobby years ago from UBI i was amazed at how many Full diff servers there where and with alot of pilots in them.

Zeus-cat
10-12-2007, 04:58 PM
we frown on the noob word

They prefer the term "flaming wreckage falling from the sky".

general_kalle
10-12-2007, 04:59 PM
thats not true Pappy, perhaps you are just onlucky or not checking it out on the right times.

sometimes there are more than 30 players on those
also UK-D 2 is not wonderview.
my favorite server.

oh and you would find me at my Table near my RIG.
im the one with the silly Headphones

VMF-214_Pappy
10-13-2007, 11:44 AM
I had bad ping to UK2 i like it and the missions but time i get on its usually dead.

AKA_TAGERT
10-13-2007, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by VMF-214_Pappy:
Everyone now fly in arcade only servers, like SOF, UKded 1 and 334th, this is why hyperlobby is dieing it use to be mostly cockpit on or full difficulty servers but this place has now turned into UBI arcade lobby. So now if u want to join a server with anyone in it these days you have to join wonderwoman view, there is still zekes vs wildcats and spits vs 109's etc but they are rarely populated with more than 10. So the death of Hyperlobby and il2 will be lack of realism. Yes its fun to fly arcade from time to time but when that is all pilots will do us hardcore simmers dont have many choices these days. When i joined Hyperlobby years ago from UBI i was amazed at how many Full diff servers there where and with alot of pilots in them. Sad..

But true..

COOPs are the only thing left in HL that are worth a D..

But even they are seeing the effects of the WW mindset

SeaFireLIV
10-13-2007, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by VMF-214_Pappy:
Everyone now fly in arcade only servers, like SOF, UKded 1 and 334th, this is why hyperlobby is dieing it use to be mostly cockpit on or full difficulty servers but this place has now turned into UBI arcade lobby. So now if u want to join a server with anyone in it these days you have to join wonderwoman view, there is still zekes vs wildcats and spits vs 109's etc but they are rarely populated with more than 10. So the death of Hyperlobby and il2 will be lack of realism. Yes its fun to fly arcade from time to time but when that is all pilots will do us hardcore simmers dont have many choices these days. When i joined Hyperlobby years ago from UBI i was amazed at how many Full diff servers there where and with alot of pilots in them.

This is what happens when you try and encourage more realistic fliers and every one and their granny jumps up and says, `No! Fly arcade cos it isn`t really real anyway, etc`.

Only way to fly now is with a squad if you want realistic settings.

ViktorViktor
10-13-2007, 01:47 PM
There's a server called Wings Over Europe with externals only, and it's usually got 25-45 players on it when I'm on hyperlobby here in Europe.

I think it's Czech or Polish, but it has English briefings as well, and it seems several squadrons operate out of it.

Myself, I prefer the UKDed servers. By the way, it's true that Whirlin' and the other admins really look out for newcomers.

LW_lcarp
10-13-2007, 02:22 PM
Are we going to really go there again. Im a real man cause i play my computer games from this view or that view.

Its just as old today as it was yesterday. If you look hard enough you will find will find a server that fits your needs and wishes.

It doesnt matter what setting the server is on all that matters is the people in them are having fun and enjoying there investment.