PDA

View Full Version : NO KEY CODE????????

Crazy-Canuck
05-01-2006, 06:16 PM
I downloaded "Boontybox" along with the exe file. I was able to install it, however when it came time to launch I did not have a "Key Code". I did receive 2 emails, one confirming the order and the second was an invoice. When I visit my account in UBI it shows the game paid for shipped and line 5 in the download of Pe-2 shows no "key code". I have emailed UBI and I am waiting for a reply, unless someone has a better idea. Thanks
FA_Crazy-Canuck

SkyChimp
05-01-2006, 06:39 PM
Try downloading it again. Yeah, you might have to pay for it a second or a thrid, or maybe even a fourth time, but hey, its a Pe-2. And it's worth it!

fabianfred
05-01-2006, 07:46 PM
My problem is that my internet computer is not the same one I use to play il2...

So.... I paid for (4.50 pounds with a 183 point loyalty bonus http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif ) then installed Boonty Box

Whilst my horribly long download was in progress (sometimes down to 2 kb/sec... this is Thailand... and YES I do have 512/256 ADSL http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif ) I opened the settings in BB and unticked the boxes for auto start with windows, and auto install on D/L complete,

I then made a folder in my C: program files... C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles

I then altered the registry with the filepatch which is going around... to make it think that I have il2 full install on this computer

after D/L complete and install to that location, I just copy/paste the 'Intros folder... missions folder...paintschemes folder...training folder...ReadmePe2.rtf...files.sfs... fb_3do15.sfs' to the FB folder on my game computer

this means that the bits which are used by BOONTYbox do not get put into my game computer, so I am not asked for any key code, and there are no .exe files which open automatically... just use the original il2 Fb.exe to open

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif for all those out there who helped with their useful suggestions

edgflyer
05-01-2006, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Crazy-Canuck:
I downloaded "Boontybox" along with the exe file. I was able to install it, however when it came time to launch I did not have a "Key Code". I did receive 2 emails, one confirming the order and the second was an invoice. When I visit my account in UBI it shows the game paid for shipped and line 5 in the download of Pe-2 shows no "key code". I have emailed UBI and I am waiting for a reply, unless someone has a better idea. Thanks
FA_Crazy-Canuck

Recheck your emails. The key is towards the bottom of one of them, at least on my emails. Maybe you overlooked it.

WTE_Galway
05-01-2006, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by fabianfred:
My problem is that my internet computer is not the same one I use to play il2...

I have not bothered buying the download because of this same issue. I had a similiar problem with the activation for trackIr .. i cant use the product as there is simply no internet comms in the building where my game machine lives.

Can you confirm it is possible to download the PE2 install executable on a machine that does not have a copy of IL2 installed ? How did you do this ?

fabianfred
05-01-2006, 08:26 PM
you can use any computer to pay for and download boontybox then the PE-2 addon...

whilst it is downloading... look under options in the boontybox window and uncheck the 'install automatically' box

then create a 'dummy' folder in Chttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gifrogram files for Ubi/Il2-sturmovik forgotten Battles

then use the little patch..

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubi Soft]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubi Soft\Game Service Games]
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubi Soft\Game Service Games\IL2FB_COOP]
"arg"="GS COOP"
"directory"="C:\\Program Files\\Ubi Soft\\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\\GSData"
"exec"="C:\\Program Files\\Ubi Soft\\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\\il2FB.exe"
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubi Soft\Game Service Games\IL2FB_COOPERATIVE]
"exec"="C:\\Program Files\\Ubi Soft\\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\\il2fb.exe"
"directory"="C:\\Program Files\\Ubi Soft\\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\\GSData"
"arg"="GS COOPERATIVE"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubi Soft\Game Service Games\IL2FB_DFIGHT]
"arg"="GS DFIGHT"
"exec"="C:\\Program Files\\Ubi Soft\\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\\il2FB.exe"
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubi Soft\Game Service Games\IL2FB_DOGFIGHT]
"exec"="C:\\Program Files\\Ubi Soft\\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\\il2fb.exe"
"arg"="GS DOGFIGHT"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles]
"language"="en"
"directory"="C:\\Program Files\\Ubi Soft\\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\\"
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\1.0]
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles AEP]
@=""
"Directory"="C:\\Program Files\\Ubi Soft\\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\\"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles AEP\1.0]
@=""
(put into a notepad file.. then changed to .reg from .txt)
run that... which will put the stuff into your registry to make it think you have a full install on that computer

when D/L complete, run the PE-2 .exe and it'll install to your dummy il2 folder
then copy/paste only the essential files into your real il2 folder
open as usual and you should be 4.05

timholt
05-02-2006, 03:14 AM
Crazy-Canuck I have the same problem and have had conficting (but well meaning) advice on how to overcome it.
I have been sending emails to ubi's customer support since Saturday, then found out this afternoon that it was a public holiday in France yesterday. Hence the lack of respones from ubi.
I have had dialog with crazyivan and he has emailed ubi's management direct w.r.t this particular problem. Hopefully we will get a response (and a validation key) soon.
I have been told that by overwriting the il2.exe and il2fb.exe from the from the original fb disc 1 solves the problem, but I have also been told that for the likes of you and I who have PE-2 installed in the fb folder not to overwrite the exe files until the game has been activated with the key as it requires the PE-2.exe to activate. Then overwrite the two exe files.
Not having much in the way of computer savvy I have been waiting for a key because I'm not game to try some of the fixes for fear of it resulting in a complete un-install and re-install.
I have the DVD but no DVD player as yet so it would mean going through the whole enchilada.

Meprolite
05-02-2006, 03:58 AM
Not having much in the way of computer savvy I have been waiting for a key because I'm not game to try some of the fixes for fear of it resulting in a complete un-install and re-install.

I think this is the problem with most people in this community and the reason why we have a million threads full of nonsense and a million more referencing the earlier nonsense as fact.

You've already recieved the right information, and if you'd just copied your 4.04m executables back into your IL2 folder, your problem would have been solved. But no, here you are adding to the confusion by putting doubt into the minds of people who otherwise would have used some common sense and done what they were told.

It's not complicated. Its logical. Copy & paste.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

timholt
05-02-2006, 06:07 AM
OK - I took the plunge and copied the exe files and voila, it worked mit out der openermitderkey.
Meprolite, my hesitancy stemmed from being told on Saturday not to copy the files over until after the key activation if I had installed (in the fb folder) by the book (prior to the problems being known and the fixes put in place).
A lot of us old guys don't have the computer skills of the youger generation and rely on advice from others, and that is what I was following, OK wrongly as it turned ou.

rosaenrico
05-02-2006, 07:10 AM
To Fabianfred:
I will ask one of my friends who has a broadband (but no game installed) to download the addon: if I understand well, BB will start to download into his computer, true? Of course, there is the need to uncheck the auto install, but, what i'm interested in (you know, 56 k here) is: will BB start the download?
Thank you

vonaltgenuke
05-02-2006, 08:58 AM
You can dowlod it on a computer without il2.Just make a nomal dowload throug the boontybox.Then find the il2-pe2 setup exe in boontys my downloaded games.Then take the setup exe(160mg)to the other coumputer plase it anywhere you like.(make surer il2fb.is in your win. reg.)Beforer you run the install take kopis of il2 and il2fb exeses in your il2 folder.Then just rund the il2-pe2 install.Beforer playing replace the new exeses with the old ones.No key code askd!

Crazy-Canuck
05-03-2006, 10:14 PM
Who would have thought that by just installing the old exe's they would launch the game. Oh by the way I did recieve my key code on May 3. Thanks for the advice by the way. Oh and make sure you get rid of "Boonty" that baby was installed everywhere on my machine. Thanks for the advice all.
FA_Crazy-Canuck

WWMaxGunz
05-04-2006, 12:42 AM
If you are logged in to ubi.com when you buy (and you can be doing auto-logon and forgot) then
the email address they send the key to is the one in your... I think the page is preferences.

So maybe you have changed your ISP since setting your UBI account up and never updated it?
Where you think the email goes to? Probably UBI gets an undelivered email back. If so and
if they keep it then maybe there is hope to recover through your account name and password?

Just one place for screwup to happen and you don't get the key.

When I did mine, where it auto-filled in my account name WWMaxGunz I changed that to my now
email address (which I had updated Monday, only few months late) just because I want to make
sure. And NP, got my key, my invoice and my confirmation.