PDA

View Full Version : New Player with questions

va3avp
11-02-2005, 10:02 PM
Hi Guys

Name here is David in Ontario, Canada I just got the PF standalone version and did all the patches on order. I can't seem to find or get on a server....Please help can I get the IP number of any stand alone servers>? I have version 4.02 now and did ever patch in order. I really want to play online but everything looks like 4.02M any information would be appreciated.

Thanks
VA3AVP
GhOSTRIDER
dAVID

polak5
11-02-2005, 10:49 PM
thers is a very limited number of people that play standalone. just go ahead and get the merged required games it should not be that expensive nomore.

goodluck

Zeus-cat
11-02-2005, 10:54 PM
There are standalone servers out there. Look around on these forums for more info as I know it gets posted once in a while. I play offline or online with my squad on a private server so I can't help you with a specific server.

polak5 gave you good advice. Pick up the other games and you won't be disappointed.

Zeus-cat

Ritter_Cuda
11-02-2005, 11:21 PM
i too bought PF then learned that the online folk play the full merged version get the gold pack anf then hit hyper lobbie
Cuda

Troll2k
11-03-2005, 09:43 AM
Over at HyperLobby they have a seperate room for PF standalone.There is usually a couple of people there.

However as you are finding out most play the merged version.I have seen over 800 in the merged room at HyperLobby.

dbillo
11-03-2005, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by va3avp:
Name here is David in Ontario, Canada I just got the PF standalone version and did all the patches on order.
No way!!! *My* name is David, and *I'm* in Ontario, Canada. (I guess there's room for two of us)
Where are you exactly?
I have FB+AEP and also PF standalone, although nothing is patched at the moment. I've been trying to organize a LAN party with my brother and a few friends.
Future Shop and EB Games have the Gold Pack, if you're looking for it.

va3avp
11-03-2005, 11:55 AM
Hey David

I am in Belle River , Ontario just outside windsor on the Shores of Lake St.Clair. I am a ham radio operator and also enjoy computer gaming. I wish I was aware of this before I spent 20 bux on PF this explains why there are so many stand alone versions on ebay for sale. Also I have read all this stuff that the hyper lobby is a virus and a spybot trap and unsafe download and on and on and on what the heck is all that about...jeeeshh scare ya so much you dont even want to play the game online. Non of my other multiplayer games are this hard to get going.

shoot first ask questions later
va3avp
Ghostrider

dbillo
11-03-2005, 01:48 PM
There is a download version of PF that is stand-alone-only ,but the copy I bought at EB can be installed either way: stand-alone or merged. Are you sure yours is not also merge-able?
In any case, we can always start our own PF stand-alone game on Hyperlobby. I would have to patch to 4.02 however, and I only have dial-up.
BTW: I am in Plainfield, near Belleville . . . quite a ways from you.

Crash_Moses
11-03-2005, 02:27 PM
The merged version isn't a separate product. With the merged version Pacific Fighters is treated as a giant patch to IL2: Forgotten Battles with the Ace Expansion Pack.

All you have to do to get the merged version is (as previously mentioned) purchase the IL2: Forgotten Battles Gold Pack (which comes with the Ace Expansion Pack). I paid $20 at Wal-Mart. Then, after installing IL2, install Pacific Fighters and choose the merged install from the menu. You can have a merged install and a stand alone installation at the same time. They just reside in different directories on your hard drive.

Remember though, that the patches for each version are different. In order to patch the merged install you need to download the patches designated with an "m". See the sticky at the top of the forum for specifics.

The stand alone installation option was offered to allow someone who didn't have IL2 to still be able to play Pacific Fighters but the reason you don't see too many stand alone servers on-line is because most hard-core on-line simmers already own IL2.

As for HyperLobby being a haven for viruses and what not...those are just the rantings of a lunatic with some kind of personal grudge against the programmer. Search the forums and I think you'll come to the same conclusion. HyperLobby is totally safe and just about everybody who plays on-line uses it. I've never, ever had a problem.

JFC_Rautaristi
11-03-2005, 02:42 PM
Hi va3avp! I saw you on our server just a moment ago. Good to see you found your way to HL.

Our server runs in HL around the clock so there's always at least one good server on standalone. In the evenings there are quite enough players too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Also, you had a problem with not getting into your plane and after choosing it not being able to leave the game. I have a similar issue with my merged install and all i can think that would help is to reinstall and double check patch order. I've been too lazy to do it on my merged install as i prefer standalone.I'm sure someone will soon come in to help you further with this.

I hope to see you in the skies soon http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

dbillo
11-03-2005, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by JFC_Rautaristi:
Our server runs in HL around the clock so there's always at least one good server on standalone. In the evenings there are quite enough players too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
...I prefer standalone.I'm sure someone will soon come in to help you further with this.

That's interesting Rautaristi. Could I join your server on dial-up? I will have to patch to 4.02, of course.
Oh, and why do you prefer standalone?

JFC_Rautaristi
11-04-2005, 10:19 AM
Yeah you can. Depending on you location it might work well. Server is based on uk so at least if you're in uk it should be fine. If you're in Japan for example, it might not be that good http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

And why do i prefer standalone? well almost every server in HL hosts europe scenarios and i prefer PTO, so if you could point me to some good PTO server on merged I'd like to give it a go, I've tried zekes versus wildcats, and though the realism is ideal it kicks me for being idle too long, while flying... Also, i get to fly other US planes than corsair on standalone (though i fly F4U 99% of the time...) as i have the problem i've stated above.

va3avp
11-04-2005, 07:52 PM
Ok Guys Thanks for all the Info been great. I repatched PF and my problem seems to be solved now. I reconfigured some controls and all looks dandy now I will have to remember were I put them all. Now here is my question I went out yesterday to Staples and got Forrgotten Battles for 8 bux that rite 8 bucks and installed it and I thought I was good to go for the 402M version wich looks so busy (thank god for the Stand alone server for PF or I would be bored) well as you all just told me without the Aces Expansion pack I reinstalled PF and told it was to be the merged version and so it installed but did not work I guess having the ACES is the final key to the puzzle. So now I will check with EB games and see if I can get just the expasion pack Aces if not I have seen it on Ebay for about 10 dollars American but will try and get it here first. So Now I wonder Once I do install the aces pack with FB can I just patch them all with the 402 M version or will I have to uninstall PF and Reinstall it as a mixed version. I kinda like the PF Standalone server thing so If I could leave PF alone and just patch Forrgotten Battles and Aces 402M that would be fine by me. But one thing is for sure not since I used to play Janes WW2 Fighters Many Many Years ago I have not seen a ww2 Aircombat game this good and I think this one looks better then janes. It looks like one of those games that you just don't get rid of. Thanks Guys Hope to see you on the Server soon as I get everything set up.

GhostRider
Shepherd
VA3AVP

Bearcat99
11-04-2005, 08:50 PM
You should be feeling the urge soon... the irge to merge... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

JFC_Rautaristi
11-05-2005, 06:35 AM
You can have both standalone and merged install separately and they both work just fine. Just install fb, aep and then pf again (choosing the merged option) without touching the standalone install. This is what i've done and whenever i'm feeling urge to fly on european front, i play on merged.

va3avp
11-05-2005, 09:07 AM
NEW PROBLEM -When I GO TO CARRIER TAKEOFF MISSIONS for the US - I CANT GET INTO MY COCKPIT PILOT POSTION . I HAVE CHECKED ALL THE CONTROLS TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE. I CAN TURN ON THE NAV LIGHTS AND LANDING LIGHTS, I CAN TURN ON THE WINGTIP SMOKE AND I CAN SEE MY PILOT IN THE CANOPY. I CANT MOVE AND FLIGHT CONTROLS ....WHAT IS GOING ON HERE PLEASE HELP!!!! I can't take control of the plane yet in Japan missions atrtack wave I am in the canopy and have full control of the aircraft/...... WHAT IS GOING ON HERE??

Thats why I could not get my American Plane off the ground in the Multiplayer server the other day same thing what am I missing here in taking control of these allied Navy Planes????

David
VA3AVP