PDA

View Full Version : Beaufighter crashes - still.......

BigClaw
01-07-2005, 06:38 AM
I thought I had seen some posts re this bug, but now can't find them. The beaufighter STILL crashes despite having patched to v 3.03. The missions have long tedious flight times, so I put it on auto - then they all crash without fail into the hillside. Is there any easy cure for this, or do I have to actually fly the **** thing all the way? Whats really annoying is that this is the plane I was really looking forward to flying, as no sim has ever modelled it before.

BigClaw
01-07-2005, 06:38 AM
I thought I had seen some posts re this bug, but now can't find them. The beaufighter STILL crashes despite having patched to v 3.03. The missions have long tedious flight times, so I put it on auto - then they all crash without fail into the hillside. Is there any easy cure for this, or do I have to actually fly the **** thing all the way? Whats really annoying is that this is the plane I was really looking forward to flying, as no sim has ever modelled it before.

Athosd
01-07-2005, 06:54 AM
I have seen a number of posts reporting the same thing. However for me the lawn darting AI issue went away the first time DGEN received an overhaul (a few days after PF release, it has been updated with each patch since).
Have you tried starting a new campaign since applying the patch?

BigClaw
01-07-2005, 07:20 AM
Doh! No, I hadn't thought of that. (Especially having completed 2 missions by flying manually the whole way.....).

I'll give it a try - thanks,
BigClaw

Wilburnator
01-07-2005, 08:25 AM
I don't think this is a Beaufighter problem, this happens with any plane. It's happened since the first days of IL2. I don't put autopilot on and accelerate time if the terrain is not absolutely flat.

ukzz4iroc
01-07-2005, 08:37 AM
Yes I have heard (believe me I share your pain) that you have to restart that campaign after you install 3.03...

Let me know if it works http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif