PDA

View Full Version : "darn tough PT boats"

ZG10_Oiink
04-05-2005, 01:24 AM
I know that fighting it out on surface is not something you should do, but sometimes you doent have any option.

I wantet to know how to get through the Gibraltar strait, so i whent in. 100M 1 knt all the way through (yes was home alone all weekend lol) Way in no problem...they came...they looked...they sailed away...(even got two Merchants and they still "bombed" the ocean and not me......on my way back (after sinking 6 ships in the mid)...things had changed...everytime i stuck the scope out of the water 3-6 pt boats and 3-4 DD`s were there within 5 minutes....and getting alot closer...with there "bombs"......When i got back from work...i saw servere damedge on the sub, and the entire crew on post was "red"..well made the shift...new fine werry fresh dudes on posts...repaired what i could and whent to P-depth...looked around nothing there....surfaced...and startet the external repair.....Then i got the enemy ship spottet looked in the BI... a single pt boat...my hull was down to 30% half the bats where dead...port diesel dead stern diveplanes dead...so i used the twin AA guns. For those who have been in army/navy service you guys know that a 100 rounds from a HMG is alot, 200 is werry mucth and 300 is a waste of ammo.....at point blank range (and i jumped be‚¬ītween 3 guns in the reload time) i fired 472 rounds at the pt-boat, at crew, at guns stations......that thing should have had the cheese mark on it.....but what happens.....nothing...exept that i loose two aa gunners....and 472 rounds......who need BB`s just get 2 pt boats and you could sink the bloody royal navy.....but still....i love this game....im one of the lucky few who havent had a prob at all.....I realy like the AI (darn clever m8`s on the DD`s)and (as a former sailor) i realy enjoy the weather and water....

ZG10_Oiink
04-05-2005, 01:24 AM
I know that fighting it out on surface is not something you should do, but sometimes you doent have any option.

I wantet to know how to get through the Gibraltar strait, so i whent in. 100M 1 knt all the way through (yes was home alone all weekend lol) Way in no problem...they came...they looked...they sailed away...(even got two Merchants and they still "bombed" the ocean and not me......on my way back (after sinking 6 ships in the mid)...things had changed...everytime i stuck the scope out of the water 3-6 pt boats and 3-4 DD`s were there within 5 minutes....and getting alot closer...with there "bombs"......When i got back from work...i saw servere damedge on the sub, and the entire crew on post was "red"..well made the shift...new fine werry fresh dudes on posts...repaired what i could and whent to P-depth...looked around nothing there....surfaced...and startet the external repair.....Then i got the enemy ship spottet looked in the BI... a single pt boat...my hull was down to 30% half the bats where dead...port diesel dead stern diveplanes dead...so i used the twin AA guns. For those who have been in army/navy service you guys know that a 100 rounds from a HMG is alot, 200 is werry mucth and 300 is a waste of ammo.....at point blank range (and i jumped be‚¬ītween 3 guns in the reload time) i fired 472 rounds at the pt-boat, at crew, at guns stations......that thing should have had the cheese mark on it.....but what happens.....nothing...exept that i loose two aa gunners....and 472 rounds......who need BB`s just get 2 pt boats and you could sink the bloody royal navy.....but still....i love this game....im one of the lucky few who havent had a prob at all.....I realy like the AI (darn clever m8`s on the DD`s)and (as a former sailor) i realy enjoy the weather and water....

rayban671961
04-05-2005, 07:19 AM
Not later than yesterday ev, I shot two PT boats with my twin AA gun.
I had to reload once before they where dead.
I think the good point to aim is the stern, where the engine is. Let them get close enough and what a great explosion when you hit them in the a.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Otherwise, I guess these guys are armour-plated and therefore hard to destroy if you aim somewhere else... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif