PDA

View Full Version : My Revelations Gripe: "Please Hold My Hand!"

DarthViscer
11-25-2011, 09:19 AM
I own every single Assassin's Creed game, every special edition, every strategy guide. I know my ins and outs, I am an expert of the single player game. Why then, do I feel so lost in Revelations? Don't get me wrong, I know what to do, renovate Constantinople, take back Dens and what not. Why is the city so open when I'm only in Sequence 3, the only areas I'm currently unable to reach are Cappadocia and the Arsenal District. Why did Ubi leave us without any Animus Desynch gates in other areas? Why give us the city so soon? The story mode always introduced us to the city progressively. Being the perfectionist that I am though, I can't help but take back the whole city before Memory 2 of Sequence 3, am I moving too fast? Should I pace myself more or am I ruining the game for myself?

tjbyrum1
11-25-2011, 09:40 AM
Revelations wasn't intended to be a 'New Players welcome!' kind of game. This particular game seems to have been made especially for die-hard fans of the Assassin's Creed series.

They showed you how to free-run and climb on the first mission, and gave slight tutorials on the combat, even allowing you to go practice them by a press of a button. I assume this was just in case you were new.

But most of the main tutorials (like the ones implemented into the storyline missions) were ones that the common fans of the series were unfamiliar with. They showed us bombs, crafting them, the hookblade, and the revamped Assassin's Guild. They did not bother to show us much else though, cause I guess they assumed we knew what we were doing.

Just look at the storyline. Imagine you never played Assassin's Creed, you wouldn't know what the heck is going on.

dxsxhxcx
11-25-2011, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Rutiar:
Why is the city so open when I'm only in Sequence 3, the only areas I'm currently unable to reach are Cappadocia and the Arsenal District. Why did Ubi leave us without any Animus Desynch gates in other areas? Why give us the city so soon?

I'm glad they removed the animus walls, in ACB they were annoying as hell, but I know what you mean, while this probably won't bother me when I play the game, the animus walls make the players create that expectative of what will come next, what's cool, the only problem I have with the animus walls is when they are in the MIDDLE of my way, this happened a little in AC2 and A LOT in ACB, in AC1 this division was perfect, the animus walls were at the borders of each district, what gave us the freedom to do whatever we want in that district without those walls bothering us most part of the time...

Ayush_S92
11-25-2011, 11:11 AM
Even I took over all of the dens during sequence 3 and had my Assassins turned to Master Assassins by Sequence 4-5 and it didn't really ruin anything. If at all it only makes it better.

eagleforlife1
11-25-2011, 11:14 AM
I've completed the story and only have 4 dens and 2 master assassins.

tjbyrum1
11-25-2011, 12:06 PM
When I got the game, I played the storyline up until I unlocked the Brotherhood. From here, I scaled every Viewpoint, and took over every Den, and started working on ranking my Assassins up to Masters of their Dens. I also renovated a lot, and also bought what I could.

But my Xbox can;t read my disc correctly, so I went ahead and rushed through the storyline, leaving all other features behind and not worrying about them.

LightRey
11-25-2011, 12:41 PM
You guys do realize that there's basically a tutorial for everything in the game, right? Every time you try something new a message pops up prompting you to press the back button (or I guess select button on PS3) to play a small tutorial.

DarthViscer
11-25-2011, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
You guys do realize that there's basically a tutorial for everything in the game, right? Every time you try something new a message pops up prompting you to press the back button (or I guess select button on PS3) to play a small tutorial.

I know that, most of it is combat though. Don't get me wrong I know exactly what to do but I just miss some of the guidance I guess. I'm just going to keep up what I've been doing then!