PDA

View Full Version : saved game missing

IEATUOMOMOM
10-13-2011, 09:14 PM
i searched the forum and found that 2 other users have mentioned this problem in the beta. i have just bought the game and i have finished the first mission map of the tutorial, went offline and when i came back my save is gone and only the auto saves from when i first STARTED are there. very frustrating. is there no fix to this ?

jhwisner
10-13-2011, 09:29 PM
Savegames created in online mode are wholly unusable in offline mode. This means that you can not open your existing single player games while offline if you had been playing in online mode when you started them.

If you want to complete the campaigns without being online then you will have to start over in offline mode. This does mean that you will not be able to earn any Dynasty rewards while doing this and also that any Dynasty rewards you have already earned will not be useable.

If you want to use and earn Dynasty rewards as well as be able to load your existing online-mode single player saves you must remain connected the entire time you do so.

Also do note that even in offline mode cutscenes and dialogs where you are apparrently rewarded dynasty items will still play and the game will show you the dynasty artifact and description in the post-scenario screens.

After showing the dialog or cut scene where your dynasty artifact is mentioned and awarded as part of the plot - the game will be certain to tell you that you didn't really get it because you weren't online but some players skip through the message box stating that. You aren't actually being rewarded these items and will not have access to them unless you play through those scenarios completely in online mode.

While many of these may seem to be important and integral moments in the plot, UbiSoft considers them bonuses/extras and as such they are only actually obtainable and useable exclusively in online-mod play.

Don't worry though it mostly just seems that major unique plot reward items tied directly into the single player plot are considered extras in this. Basically you'll know you're not really getting something if you are given/claim it right as part of a scenario victory and the characters talk about it as though its very important but it's not specifically required for a quest.

kl09
10-14-2011, 12:08 AM
Can i move my save from offline to online( because in offline i did 3 missions, or should i start at online all game from beginnning ???
and it was on 2 different accaunts

IEATUOMOMOM
10-14-2011, 08:16 PM
thanks jhwisner. i didnt realise that offline and online would be different.

Wilfildz
10-14-2011, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by kl09:
Can i move my save from offline to online( because in offline i did 3 missions, or should i start at online all game from beginnning ???

Nope, you can't. As jhwisner said, if you want play online, you have to start online, this mean that you have to re-do all your mission if you want Dynasty rewards.

Crusnik_Kiro
10-14-2011, 10:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Originally posted by kl09:

Nope, you can't. As jhwisner said, if you want play online, you have to start online, this mean that you have to re-do all your mission if you want Dynasty rewards. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eh, It's a bit silly, don't you think? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif I don't understand why this process can't be made.. =( It's often happened that ubisoft is not accessible, and that means I have to start missions again.. strange

Irvin2008
10-15-2011, 04:04 AM
WTF????
May be that is strange, but someone can't be online all the time. I"ve bought the licence, and still havent dinasty bonuses. i've played 23 hours of gameplay offline (was in country)and I think that it is stupid to play the same missions once again.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif bravo! exelent way to fight with game pirates!