PDA

View Full Version : Manuevering

elpcgringo
05-17-2006, 09:12 AM
I suck. I used to play Aces High and was pretty good at it, but when playing PF, I get shot down continuously. I understand that each plane has its own characteristics and needs to be flown differently to take advantage of them, but I haven't been able to shoot down anyone. Any pointers on what I may be doing wrong would be appreciated.

Vacillator
05-17-2006, 09:42 AM
You can find some useful guides here:

http://www.airwarfare.com/guides.htm

Otherwise I would say read the manual, practice everything as much as you can and don't give up, you'll get better. As for shooting things down, try the offline Quick Mission Builder - you can even fly against unarmed aircraft which don't try to evade you if you want to.

I'm sure you'll get more help from others, perhaps including training by certain squadrons but the above is a good start...

Chuck_Older
05-17-2006, 09:48 AM
I always suggest that the player who finds he has trouble playing against other people should really learn to fly the plane. Real cadets learned aerobatics to prove mastery of the aircraft. I feel a lot of folks don't even know how to land. Learn how to make the plane do exactly what you want, and then learn to hit what you aim at. Then learn tactics. The rest is experience