PDA

View Full Version : New Planes

GoldenEagleFM
02-04-2005, 03:03 PM
Can we consider that with patch 3.04 that's it. Now all the eyes are turned to the BOB to come. Or am I wrong and Oleg will still give us some goodies like some new flyable planes (torpedo US planes) some new ships etc., some new objects to enrich our scenarios .

Any ideas ou there?

Gold

GoldenEagleFM
02-04-2005, 03:03 PM
Can we consider that with patch 3.04 that's it. Now all the eyes are turned to the BOB to come. Or am I wrong and Oleg will still give us some goodies like some new flyable planes (torpedo US planes) some new ships etc., some new objects to enrich our scenarios .

Any ideas ou there?

Gold

Chuck_Older
02-04-2005, 03:07 PM
Yes, I have an idea

I have no evidence, since I started playing the original Il2, that the 1C:team doesn't eventually follow through

I punish folks when they fail, not when they're in the middle of trying.

When will I consider the time to be up? When Oleg says that 1C doesn't support the sim anymore

cwojackson
02-04-2005, 03:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GoldenEagleFM:

Any ideas ou there?

Gold <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>There "should" still be some additional aircraft and other data (unsure what) coming. At least that is what 1CMaddox said when they released the game.

You're not affiliated with the Golden Eagle Squadron are you?

GoldenEagleFM
02-04-2005, 03:36 PM
Affiliated nowere at the moment.

triggerhappyfin
02-05-2005, 04:59 AM
As good as it is, the game, this is its downside. With sourcecode closed its up to one person to decide wether to support or drop it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Many people have the opinion it should already be dropped to make it possible to develop BoB engine.
In my opinion IL-2 series could be developed further at least on level of gameplay. The most exiting part of WW2, the early years when the opponents strengths was balancing as on the edge of a knife, is almost nonexisting in the game.
Development of game play is in hands of third part. Oleg should take note of his customers sudgestions to improve atleast online gaming with new features as ground control, recce, artillery spotting and such. The feature of "capturing the flag" would be nice also in means of "capturing the airbase".

So much still to be added besides the planes and all this propably could give Olegs lot more income on the IL-2 series.

My God, our home computers are struggling on their knees to letting us enjoy as much as possible of the games qualities an yet the majority of us cant reach full settings. Dont drop it yet! Let us be able to use it on full setting before it´s scrapped all together.

Capt.LoneRanger
02-05-2005, 05:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I punish folks when they fail, not when they're in the middle of trying. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Best comment on these threads I read in ages. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Followed by one of the short sightest and most biased
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> With sourcecode closed its up to one person to decide wether to support or drop it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

CFS2-whiners. Stick with it, if you prefer it. It's that simple. Check how many people play CFS2 online and how many do IL2-series and think about it. Thanks.

triggerhappyfin
02-05-2005, 08:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Capt.LoneRanger:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I punish folks when they fail, not when they're in the middle of trying. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Best comment on these threads I read in ages. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Followed by one of the short sightest and most biased
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> With sourcecode closed its up to one person to decide wether to support or drop it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

CFS2-whiners. Stick with it, if you prefer it. It's that simple. Check how many people play CFS2 online and how many do IL2-series and think about it. Thanks. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dont even own cfs2..lol.
The discussion is free isnt it? These kinds of remarks are unnessecery. Wonder what causes this kind of reaction? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

VW-IceFire
02-05-2005, 04:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GoldenEagleFM:

Any ideas ou there?

Gold <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
There is new stuff in the pipeline. We will get it. It will happen. Its just a matter of time...

...those of us who have been around have always seen what we thought were getting and more. Maybe not when we expected it or in what order but we always did get it in the end.

What comes in this next patch...we don't know exactly. Ki-100 and Betty are probably guanrateed. Everything else is speculation.

There may be an effort afoot to wait a little while. Why? There are several third party projects in good order that are completed and with Oleg or on the verge of total completion in the next month or so. Aircraft like the Ju-88, Mosquito, Spitfire XIV, Tempest, Do-335, Pe-2 and others are third party efforts that are conforming to the high quality standards and may be (or are) under consideration for inclusion. There's also a Russian expansion pack with some unique Russian aircraft and two new maps (Ukraine and a Japanese/Russian map) due out in Russia sometime. This may be made available to the rest of us as well (Oleg said such efforts may happen). That would include the IL-10 apparently.

Plus in terms of third party stuff Ian Boys Murmansk and Kurland maps are due to arrive at some point (they have been accepted). I also heard a long time ago that there was another aircraft carrier (a US one?) that almost made PF but just missed the deadline slightly that we may yet see.

Its all smoke and rumor till we really see it. But there's lots of possibilities and we'll probably see a good deal of it...maybe more.

cwojackson
02-05-2005, 04:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:

Any ideas ou there?

Gold <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
There is new stuff in the pipeline. We will get it. It will happen. Its just a matter of time...

...those of us who have been around have always seen what we thought were getting and more. Maybe not when we expected it or in what order but we always did get it in the end.

What comes in this next patch...we don't know exactly. Ki-100 and Betty are probably guanrateed. Everything else is speculation.

There may be an effort afoot to wait a little while. Why? There are several third party projects in good order that are completed and with Oleg or on the verge of total completion in the next month or so. Aircraft like the Ju-88, Mosquito, Spitfire XIV, Tempest, Do-335, Pe-2 and others are third party efforts that are conforming to the high quality standards and may be (or are) under consideration for inclusion. There's also a Russian expansion pack with some unique Russian aircraft and two new maps (Ukraine and a Japanese/Russian map) due out in Russia sometime. This may be made available to the rest of us as well (Oleg said such efforts may happen). That would include the IL-10 apparently.

Plus in terms of third party stuff Ian Boys Murmansk and Kurland maps are due to arrive at some point (they have been accepted). I also heard a long time ago that there was another aircraft carrier (a US one?) that almost made PF but just missed the deadline slightly that we may yet see.

Its all smoke and rumor till we really see it. But there's lots of possibilities and we'll probably see a good deal of it...maybe more. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>"IF" the expansion pack is only "marketed" in Russia, does that in anyway restrict a Russian citizen from buying several hundred of them then selling them on e-Bay or some other such resource?

DuxCorvan
02-05-2005, 04:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuck_Older:
I punish folks when they _fail_, not when they're in the middle of _trying_. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I only could get back in time when I was studying laws and show this to my parents... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Wait! They don't know who Chuck is, and I'm afraid they're not so charmed as me under the spell of his ancient wisdom...! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Besides, they don't know a word in English... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Ok. Never mind... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif