PDA

View Full Version : P-47 tactics and pitch,roll,yaw settings help

jessi1
03-29-2005, 05:52 AM
Hello to u all, I would like to know some info on flying the jug online.as well as the p-51. I would like to know from some of you jug and ponie flyers what u have as far as pitch ,roll,and yaw settings and convergence for these planes and why you have them. I have a chfighterstick usb and also a logitech wingman extreme stick as well as pedals. I havent used my ch stick yet ,need to set it up but if u jug and pony flyers could give me some settings for these birds it would help to get some knowledge.Also do any of you guys use prop pitch for these guys and if so what is your ideas for why and settings.Thanks in advance and hope to see u in the air soon. I fly as BLACKPULPIT on warclouds. Also if anyone has tracks of these birds that would be really helpfull. Salute

jessi1
03-29-2005, 05:52 AM
Hello to u all, I would like to know some info on flying the jug online.as well as the p-51. I would like to know from some of you jug and ponie flyers what u have as far as pitch ,roll,and yaw settings and convergence for these planes and why you have them. I have a chfighterstick usb and also a logitech wingman extreme stick as well as pedals. I havent used my ch stick yet ,need to set it up but if u jug and pony flyers could give me some settings for these birds it would help to get some knowledge.Also do any of you guys use prop pitch for these guys and if so what is your ideas for why and settings.Thanks in advance and hope to see u in the air soon. I fly as BLACKPULPIT on warclouds. Also if anyone has tracks of these birds that would be really helpfull. Salute

VW-IceFire
03-29-2005, 07:37 AM
Settings? Mmmm thats tricky. Hard to say for each joystick. My Sidewinder PP2 doesn't care too much...its just fine at the default settings.

Convergence...when I fly Thunderbolt...I pretty much leave my values alone but I do have them staggered which is useful. So 275 for cannon and 250 for machine gun. That way when you're diving on a bandit, he hits the convergence range of 4 guns twice (because the guns are on two keys for the T-Bolt).

Mustang just uses the 250 value for machine guns. Nice and close.

Prop pitch I sometimes use once I'm at high alt and cruising along. I'm told with the Merlin engine you should goto fine pitch (ingame that'd be 30% or so) and keep the throttle high. That produces the best fuel economy. It otherwise has no bearing on most FB games since the maps are too small to simulate that. Don't worry about pitch too much in anything except the Bf.109.

As far as tactics. Dive on the enemy, shoot at him, and return to alt. Thats about it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I occasionally fly on Warclouds as NS-IceFire...usually in the bomber role. Hope to see you on there sometime.

jessi1
03-29-2005, 07:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
Settings? Mmmm thats tricky. Hard to say for each joystick. My Sidewinder PP2 doesn't care too much...its just fine at the default settings.

Convergence...when I fly Thunderbolt...I pretty much leave my values alone but I do have them staggered which is useful. So 275 for cannon and 250 for machine gun. That way when you're diving on a bandit, he hits the convergence range of 4 guns twice (because the guns are on two keys for the T-Bolt).

Mustang just uses the 250 value for machine guns. Nice and close.

Prop pitch I sometimes use once I'm at high alt and cruising along. I'm told with the Merlin engine you should goto fine pitch (ingame that'd be 30% or so) and keep the throttle high. That produces the best fuel economy. It otherwise has no bearing on most FB games since the maps are too small to simulate that. Don't worry about pitch too much in anything except the Bf.109.

As far as tactics. Dive on the enemy, shoot at him, and return to alt. Thats about it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I occasionally fly on Warclouds as NS-IceFire...usually in the bomber role. Hope to see you on there sometime. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thanks for the quick response Icefire so 250 convergence on mustang huh. Will try it, been using lower convergence only good for very close tho. see u online.

Diablo310th
03-29-2005, 03:50 PM
For the Jug..I use a convergence of 275 and 270. As for settings...roll and pitch start at 40 and go up 5 each step. ie 40-45-50 etc. This works very well when using teh zoom view.

La-5FAN
03-29-2005, 08:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>As far as tactics. Dive on the enemy, shoot at him, and return to alt. Thats about it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, that's about it. I am putting a website up soon (in about a week): if you want, I'll put a .trk or .ntrk file of using the Jug against Zeroes. Just diving on them, pulling up vertical after the pass, half rolling to come behind them and diving again. Also good for attacking bombers.