PDA

View Full Version : A Higher Hope - BoB



leothepilot
11-28-2004, 05:21 AM
I`m warry a little about future product - Battle of Britain...
If my understanding is correct, the BoB will use FM and partialy DM from IL-2 series(FB/AEP/PF). I think its will be reworked for BoB but the basics are the same.
With every new release or patch many(if not all who understand) gamers talking about incorrect FM, guns, DM and world impression.
I think it is needfull to create dedicated debuging site/forum(another branch on UBI) strongly moderated and deeply clasificied:

Planes FM
- plane A
- plane B
- ...
Planes DM
- plane A
- plane B
- ...
Gunnery
- ...
Graphics
- air2air visibility
- air2grond visibility
- ...
Game
- menu
- QMB
- FMB
- DGEN
- ...
Network
- ...
Etc...

And some thoughts(not questions) about patches.
3.02 beta - strange thing, why 3 files not 2?
For paches must be special branch, like:

Beta patches
X.XX beta testing
- download links
- bugs
- ...
X.XY beta testing
- download links
- bugs
- ...
Official patches
X.XZ patch released
- download links
- bugs( stil buggy??? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif)
- ...
X.XY patch released
- download links
- bugs( stil buggy??? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif)
- ...
Future patches
- wishes and suggestions
- ...
Etc...

If I something forget, please write and complete me.
I http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif IL-2 series

leothepilot
11-28-2004, 05:21 AM
I`m warry a little about future product - Battle of Britain...
If my understanding is correct, the BoB will use FM and partialy DM from IL-2 series(FB/AEP/PF). I think its will be reworked for BoB but the basics are the same.
With every new release or patch many(if not all who understand) gamers talking about incorrect FM, guns, DM and world impression.
I think it is needfull to create dedicated debuging site/forum(another branch on UBI) strongly moderated and deeply clasificied:

Planes FM
- plane A
- plane B
- ...
Planes DM
- plane A
- plane B
- ...
Gunnery
- ...
Graphics
- air2air visibility
- air2grond visibility
- ...
Game
- menu
- QMB
- FMB
- DGEN
- ...
Network
- ...
Etc...

And some thoughts(not questions) about patches.
3.02 beta - strange thing, why 3 files not 2?
For paches must be special branch, like:

Beta patches
X.XX beta testing
- download links
- bugs
- ...
X.XY beta testing
- download links
- bugs
- ...
Official patches
X.XZ patch released
- download links
- bugs( stil buggy??? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif)
- ...
X.XY patch released
- download links
- bugs( stil buggy??? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif)
- ...
Future patches
- wishes and suggestions
- ...
Etc...

If I something forget, please write and complete me.
I http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif IL-2 series

swingman
11-28-2004, 05:23 AM
As I remember from Oleg's earlier postings, BoB will be completely different. Much higher detail on everything, and nothing from the IL-2 series carried over (well, at least nothing in the modeling 3D/Damage/Physics.)
_
/Bjorn.

Tully__
11-28-2004, 05:26 AM
BoB is a brand new game engine from the ground up. Some 3D (visual) modelling may carry over as a basis for the new, more detailed visual modes in BoB, but all FM and DM modelling will be reworked from the ground up.

Nubarus
11-28-2004, 05:26 AM
BoB will use a completely new 3D Engine and a completely new system.

leothepilot
11-28-2004, 05:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nubarus:
BoB will use a completely new 3D Engine and a completely new system. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
And completely new bugs about same things like in IL-2 series..? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

leothepilot
11-28-2004, 05:33 AM
If now flight model isn`t correct how it will be correct in BoB??? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

leothepilot
11-28-2004, 05:35 AM
Maybe Oleg can put some clarity on this topic?

rpkiller
11-28-2004, 05:48 AM
I don't think there'll be much official information about BOB till after christmas. However, Oleg has hinted at several things in the past and has briefly discussed BOB in various interviews given over the past year.

With regards to "If now flight model isn`t correct how it will be correct in BoB???" the fight model now is pretty much as accurate as it can be bearing in mind it has to run on average PC's with current hardware limitations. Increased numbers of iterations & calculations per second will take a toll on systems, but since BOB is designed to run on the next level of hardware this can be implemented. So I guess my assertion is BOB will be designed to run on the next generation of hardware, and so will take advantage of the higher processing power and graphical capabilities this will allow.

kind regards

rp

leothepilot
11-28-2004, 06:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rpkiller:
I don't think there'll be much official information about BOB till after christmas. However, Oleg has hinted at several things in the past and has briefly discussed BOB in various interviews given over the past year.

With regards to "If now flight model isn`t correct how it will be correct in BoB???" the fight model now is pretty much as accurate as it can be bearing in mind it has to run on average PC's with current hardware limitations. Increased numbers of iterations & calculations per second will take a toll on systems, but since BOB is designed to run on the next level of hardware this can be implemented. So I guess my assertion is BOB will be designed to run on the next generation of hardware, and so will take advantage of the higher processing power and graphical capabilities this will allow.

kind regards

rp <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"...next generation of hardware..." - interesting.
Maybe my Abit AN7 with Barton 2600+, 2x512 DUALDDR400 and FX5900XT are absolete? Just piece of junk? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Athosd
11-28-2004, 06:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by leothepilot:

"...next generation of hardware..." - interesting.
Maybe my Abit AN7 with Barton 2600+, 2x512 DUALDDR400 and FX5900XT are absolete? Just piece of junk? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BoB is unlikely to make an appearance until 2006, later rather than sooner. How many years did you expect to get out of your current PC setup?

The planned features for BoB (what little has been revealed) will require a level of computing power not currently available in desktop PCs.
That's not a bad thing - IMHO its something worth looking forward to. In the meantime Pacific Fighters and its patches/add-ons and potential expansions should keep us all content.

leothepilot
11-28-2004, 06:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I think it is needfull to create dedicated debuging site/forum(another branch on UBI) strongly moderated and deeply clasificied:

_Planes FM_
- plane A
- plane B
- ...
_Planes DM_
- plane A
- plane B
- ...
_Gunnery_
- ...
_Graphics_
- air2air visibility
- air2grond visibility
- ...
_Game_
- menu
- QMB
- FMB
- DGEN
- ...
Network
- ...
Etc...

For paches must be special branch, like:

_Beta patches_
X.XX beta testing
- download links
- bugs
- ...
X.XY beta testing
- download links
- bugs
- ...
_Official patches_
X.XZ patch released
- download links
- bugs( stil buggy??? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif)
- ...
X.XY patch released
- download links
- bugs( stil buggy??? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif)
- ...
_Future patches_
- wishes and suggestions
- ...
Etc...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do we need this NOW? Is it be helpfull for Maddox Games?

I think - YES