PDA

View Full Version : Execution streaks

dchil279
06-29-2011, 10:06 PM
I kind of liked execution streaks in ACB but they got boring after a while. I say in ACR we should still be able to perform them but we must time it right, sort of like the way (in AC1 and AC2) you had to time the hidden blade counter kills (which should also be brought back. This way, if we master the timing we can dispatch many enemies quickly, but without it being too easy.

thoughts?

CRUDFACE
06-30-2011, 03:00 AM
Be more specific, cause right now, you sound just like the combat system. You always have to time the attacks correctly. you time when you're doing a kill streak to counter people who try to interrrupt you to.

Oh, and watch the gameplay form E3...they're still there, and I don't think they're going anywhere.

dchil279
06-30-2011, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by t260z:
Be more specific, cause right now, you sound just like the combat system. You always have to time the attacks correctly. you time when you're doing a kill streak to counter people who try to interrrupt you to.

Oh, and watch the gameplay form E3...they're still there, and I don't think they're going anywhere.
Sorry, I was just sort of spitballing there.

By that pile of gibberish I mean that, execution streaks should be made harder by adding a timing element to it somehow.

In AC1 and AC2, when hidden blade counter attacking, you had to time it perfectly otherwise you would get hit. It made you actually feel accomplished when you finished off a bunch of guards. In ACB to perform an execution streak all that you had to do was mash the attack button to kill 30 guys in about 30 seconds. Afterwards you feel bad***, but you don't feel like you accomplished anything.

By adding some sort of timing element to execution streaks, it would still be possible to kill30 guys in 30 seconds, but without it being to easy.

I hope I was a bit clearer with this post.

dogman9953
06-30-2011, 12:56 PM
I completely agree with you, I never liked using that feature because it made the game too easy, if they were to attache a timing feature to it however...

kriegerdesgottes
06-30-2011, 01:15 PM
I actually found that annoying in ACII where you would hit the button too early and you would get hit even though you just hit the button, just not exactly at the right second. They are changing that though so that you have to actually hit an extra button to make him use a side weapon instead of just holding down the button. I personally don't have a problem with the combat nor have I ever and I can't help but wonder if Ubisoft could ever do anything to make people stop complaining about the combat/stealth which in my opinion are fine.

iN3krO
06-30-2011, 01:36 PM
I think instead of timmed it should attack the other guard, if he is not paying attention you would kill him with a hit if he is paying attention you would hit his sword and stop the killstreak.