PDA

View Full Version : My 3 dumb questions....

wizaro2000
04-08-2005, 07:19 PM
How do I take a screenshot and where exactly is it stored in the directory?

I can open tubes (Q) no problem but I can't seem to close them (W?). any advice?

If I figure out how to close the tubes - what is the DIS-advantage of running with tubes open? Does the game engine model a higher sound profile with tubes open?

Thanks in advance.

Capt. Ferrulo

wizaro2000
04-08-2005, 07:19 PM
How do I take a screenshot and where exactly is it stored in the directory?

I can open tubes (Q) no problem but I can't seem to close them (W?). any advice?

If I figure out how to close the tubes - what is the DIS-advantage of running with tubes open? Does the game engine model a higher sound profile with tubes open?

Thanks in advance.

Capt. Ferrulo

NaturalBornGoth
04-08-2005, 07:26 PM
You take screenshots by pressing CTRL+F11 and they are stored right in the middle of the Silent Hunter III directory and in BMP-format. You pretty much can't miss 'em.

I think you CAN close the tubes with the W key, you just don't get a feedback for it, as opposed to opening them.

I don't know about the disadvantages of keeping the tubes open in the game. I think in real life it slows down the the boat by creating a larger friction to the water that's flowing around the boat.

wizaro2000
04-08-2005, 07:31 PM
Thanks Ms. Goth,

Seems odd that there would be a vocal recognition of torp doors open but not torp doors closed - a bug maybe?

Maybe there is a graphical indication of torp door open/close status but I have not found one.

This also seems critical if the game indeed does model slower speed and I assume the louder sounds caused by running with torp doeers open.

Capt. Ferrulo