PDA

View Full Version : Went to the Mid Atlantic Air Museum in Reading today...

Dammerung
12-31-2004, 06:52 PM
All I have to say is WOW... As soon as I walked into the hangar, there it was, a TBM Avenger. Didn't know they were so HUGE. Apparently, a Veteran who flew them in the war wanted to find his own, and paint it to be exactly like the one he flew off the USS Langley, but he donated it to the Museum. It's airworthy, and going to be flying on WWII weekend, taking people on Rides. Then our Tourguide took us into the shop, and there was one of the only four P-61 Black Widows in the world, being restored. Behind that, an Autogiro being Restored. Went back into the Hangar and took a look inside the B-25 that was there.

Now, all that was impressive, but we went outside, saw an Admiral's C-47 and a Neptune, but I looked beyond that and saw a very beat up old Jet. I couldn't tell exactly what it was. I walked closer, it was an F-84B Thunderjet! It was in ruins, all rusted. Could still make out the number on the side, FS-666. It's the last F-84B in the world. And it's wreaked. Very sad sight. I took about 50 Pictures of everything there, but they're all on film, my digital camera got stolen. I'll try and scan the pictures. Didn't realize there was ANYTHING in Pennsylvania. Let alone the last F-84B and what is soon to be the only flying P-61 in the world. If you're in the area, go down there. It's really worth it.

Dammerung
12-31-2004, 06:52 PM
All I have to say is WOW... As soon as I walked into the hangar, there it was, a TBM Avenger. Didn't know they were so HUGE. Apparently, a Veteran who flew them in the war wanted to find his own, and paint it to be exactly like the one he flew off the USS Langley, but he donated it to the Museum. It's airworthy, and going to be flying on WWII weekend, taking people on Rides. Then our Tourguide took us into the shop, and there was one of the only four P-61 Black Widows in the world, being restored. Behind that, an Autogiro being Restored. Went back into the Hangar and took a look inside the B-25 that was there.

Now, all that was impressive, but we went outside, saw an Admiral's C-47 and a Neptune, but I looked beyond that and saw a very beat up old Jet. I couldn't tell exactly what it was. I walked closer, it was an F-84B Thunderjet! It was in ruins, all rusted. Could still make out the number on the side, FS-666. It's the last F-84B in the world. And it's wreaked. Very sad sight. I took about 50 Pictures of everything there, but they're all on film, my digital camera got stolen. I'll try and scan the pictures. Didn't realize there was ANYTHING in Pennsylvania. Let alone the last F-84B and what is soon to be the only flying P-61 in the world. If you're in the area, go down there. It's really worth it.

GT182
12-31-2004, 09:26 PM
Glad you enjoyed MAAM Dammerung. Now all you have to do is become a member and you get in free. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Hope to see you at the WWII Weekend in June, you won't be disappointed. You can even volunteer to help out if you want. Put in for the Main Gate and you can work with me.

MaxMhz
12-31-2004, 09:44 PM
So where are the pictures...

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Just a hint ...

VMF-214_HaVoK
01-01-2005, 12:30 AM
So you all from PA? I am also and I will definately be there this June.

VBF-83_Hawk
01-01-2005, 01:00 AM
What, no pics?....OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!!!!

Dammerung
01-01-2005, 10:31 AM
Easy Tiger, gotta get 'em developed first.