PDA

View Full Version : Trim on a Slider



XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 07:33 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong; you won't get a virgin.

If you set the elevator trim to the slider on your stick and just pop it full up just before you engage in combat won't that really help with the bat turns.

So what, if it takes 15 seconds to give you full up trim. Most of the danger in combat is from up elevator situations any way. Rarely, neg gs are a problem for me.

I may be slowed down in pushing over in a neg g situation, but it beats plowing into the ground at 600+ knots.

That's my take on it. Not trying to start a flaming mess here, just like to read some other's thoughts on it.

---------------- /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 07:33 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong; you won't get a virgin.

If you set the elevator trim to the slider on your stick and just pop it full up just before you engage in combat won't that really help with the bat turns.

So what, if it takes 15 seconds to give you full up trim. Most of the danger in combat is from up elevator situations any way. Rarely, neg gs are a problem for me.

I may be slowed down in pushing over in a neg g situation, but it beats plowing into the ground at 600+ knots.

That's my take on it. Not trying to start a flaming mess here, just like to read some other's thoughts on it.

---------------- /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 07:40 PM
You mean the other 50,000 posts on this subject didn't give you enough info on this cheat?

25th_Buzz
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<center>
http://www.vfa25.com/sigs/buzz.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 07:43 PM
LMAO

what kills me is the fact that trim on a slider wont help you much anyway

Not when I dive down from 8000m & whak you out of the sky & zoom back up too 5 angels turn as sharp as you like that only helps me http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

<center><FONT COLOR="white">ӚFJ-M œ R D ˜ ӡ[/i]</font>

<center> http://www.onpoi.net/ah/pics/users/ah_109_1059752328.jpg </center>

<center><FONT COLOR="white">The "Ace Edge"(c).
With my incremental trim
I am actually able to turn so quickly that, I never turn at all.
In Fact the Planet Earth rotates around the Axis of My PC, thus giving me the optimum turn rate and insuring that you
the bandit are promptly fraged !!!
In memory Of Ray R.I.P.[/i]</font>

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 07:56 PM
My opinion is that this whole debate is stupid,for me i like people that occasionaly post about this topic because you will usually bring out the RBJ.This guy is the ace of all aces and any advice he may give you i urge you to take for one day you may be able to shoot him down and then you will definetly be an ace,I myself am not an ace i am just an average everyday guy who loves to play this game because of its realism and online community which have been supportive and friendly 99% of the time.One thing i will say about this issue is that because i own an x45 which i love with all my heart "don't tell my girlfriend"i will utilize every button and nob on that thing to give me any advantage to cover my wingmen and keep me in the air where i belong.I do know that this may not have been what real pilots did in wartimes but these are not those times and i am sure that if those pilots had any kind of advantage they would have taken it and i shall also.This also brings me to another point that when you play this game online there are many servers to choose from so pick one where people don't bicker about such things they fly and have fun,I agree with your points and as i said earlier i use my trim on a slider it helps me fly better and execute manouvers easier and if anyone does not like it then i guess that is too bad.Now bring out the popcorn buzz i have a good seat.
~S~ DRAGON

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 07:57 PM
Fishing eh? Ya gotta get bait that's not 6 months old... the fish are tired of it.

Ronnie

<center>http://www3.sympatico.ca/corporon2001/First_Kill.jpg </center>
<center>Woot! First online Kill!</center>

"The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win."
-Karl Marx, Friedrich Engels, "The Communist Manifesto"

"In the souls of the people the grapes of wrath are filling and growing heavy, growing heavy for the vintage."
-John Steinbeck, "The Grapes of Wrath"

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 08:00 PM
Sgt69th_DRAGON wrote:
because you will usually bring out the
- RBJ.This guy is the ace of all aces and any advice
- he may give you i urge you to take for one day you
- may be able to shoot him down and then you will
- definetly be an ace


LOL RBJ

<center><FONT COLOR="white">The "Ace Edge"(c).
With my incremental trim
I am actually able to turn so quickly that, I never turn at all.
In Fact the Planet Earth rotates around the Axis of My PC, thus giving me the optimum turn rate and insuring that you
the bandit are promptly fraged !!!
In memory Of Ray R.I.P.[/i]</font>



Message Edited on 08/18/0307:01PM by AFJ_Murdoc

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 08:05 PM
Double LOL.


The only ace in IL2-FB is =353=MONROEQ, who was an actual WW2 P-47 pilot with 2 kills to his credit before the war ended.

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 08:14 PM
ISU-152 wrote:
- Double LOL.
-
-
- The only ace in IL2-FB is =353=MONROEQ, who was an
- actual WW2 P-47 pilot with 2 kills to his credit
- before the war ended.



2 kills isn't an ace.

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif


Just kidding...... /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif


<center>http://www.blitzpigs.com/forum/images/avatars/bp_geminiCombined.gif

<center><table style="filter:glow[color=red,strength=1)">Warning: My intense sense of humor may tug at the stick crammed in your shaded spot.</table style></center> <center><table style="filter:glow[color=red,strength=1)">If you treasure your lack of humor please refrain from reading my posts as they may cause laughter.</table style></center> <center><table style="filter:glow[color=red,strength=1)">Heaven Forbid.</table style></center>
<table style="filter:glow[color=black,strength=1)">
<font size=+2><font color="black">Still loving my P-39</font></font> </table style>
/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif
<table style="filter:glow[color=green,strength=4)"> www.blitzpigs.com</center> (http://www.blitzpigs.com</center>) </table style>

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 08:19 PM
BuzzU

To be real, in your face honest. I didn't read many of those Trim on Slider threads because most of them were just flamers and disgruntled ex-trim cheats.

If you think you're gonna make me feel like an a$$ you're wrong. My posting was clear, and it isn't about a TRIM CHEAT. I'm interested and I could care less about 50,000 other postings as you say. In fact, I believe I mentioned the content of this post in one of those so-called 50,000 postings and no one responded...everyone was too busy thrashing and maligning RBJ.

Mine won't be the first post about similar or related anything on these boards. If the darn search feature worked we'd have about 1/20th the postings because users could just searh for postings on their subject of interest.

Funny, the Search filters on SimHQ works very well.

Give me a break, take a nap or something. Don't get mad either, your response was a little curt and I had a little something to say about it...OK /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

------------------- /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 08:24 PM
Your still asking about a cheat. Everybody agrees to that except Ray. What kind of responce do you expect? I might have been the first into this thread, but others would have said the same thing.

Just fly the planes like the rest of us. You don't need any exploits.

25th_Buzz
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<center>
http://www.vfa25.com/sigs/buzz.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 08:31 PM
BuzzU

I'm not talking about a cheat. Read my post!

If I said I held the Ctrl + Dwn arrow until the trim was maxed before combat engage...what's the difference between using a slider to do the same thing. Is it any more a cheat, since the travel of the trim is delimited by time whether you use a slider or the Ctrl+Dwn arrow.

------------------- /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 08:38 PM
Using trim exploits to make bat turns is ghey and weak.
I'm just saying.



<table style="filter:glow[color=yellow,strength=1)">Note: "I'm just saying" is a trademark of HD inc.
</table style>


<center>http://www.blitzpigs.com/forum/images/avatars/bp_geminiCombined.gif

<center><table style="filter:glow[color=red,strength=1)">Warning: My intense sense of humor may tug at the stick crammed in your shaded spot.</table style></center> <center><table style="filter:glow[color=red,strength=1)">If you treasure your lack of humor please refrain from reading my posts as they may cause laughter.</table style></center> <center><table style="filter:glow[color=red,strength=1)">Heaven Forbid.</table style></center>
<table style="filter:glow[color=black,strength=1)">
<font size=+2><font color="black">Still loving my P-39</font></font> </table style>
/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif
<table style="filter:glow[color=green,strength=4)"> www.blitzpigs.com</center> (http://www.blitzpigs.com</center>) </table style>

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 08:42 PM
nearmiss wrote:

-
- If I said I held the Ctrl + Dwn arrow until the trim
- was maxed before combat engage...what's the
- difference between using a slider to do the same
- thing. Is it any more a cheat, since the travel of
- the trim is delimited by time whether you use a
- slider or the Ctrl+Dwn arrow.

It's a cheat because the real WWII pilots only had keyboards in their cockpits.


It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Yes, I'm talking to you.

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 08:51 PM
nearmiss,

Bat turns are the cheat. Oleg never intended the planes to do them, and the real planes couldn't do them. It doesn't matter how you go about doing them. Doing them is the problem. Understand?

25th_Buzz
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<center>
http://www.vfa25.com/sigs/buzz.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 08:58 PM
MildBill wrote:
-
- nearmiss wrote:
-
--
-- If I said I held the Ctrl + Dwn arrow until the trim
-- was maxed before combat engage...what's the
-- difference between using a slider to do the same
-- thing. Is it any more a cheat, since the travel of
-- the trim is delimited by time whether you use a
-- slider or the Ctrl+Dwn arrow.
-
- It's a cheat because the real WWII pilots only had
- keyboards in their cockpits.
-
-
-
- It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool
- than to speak and remove all doubt.
-
- Yes, I'm talking to you.

=============================

You would do well to take your own advise.

You certainly didn't have anything to say or contribute to this thread.

- It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool
- than to speak and remove all doubt.
-
- Yes, I'm talking to you.


--------------------- /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 11:03 PM
You know what's really funny? After all of the threads I've read on this and the fact that I, along with most others, personally don't think one should be able to exploit the game with the TOS cheat, actually have ended up with my elevator trim on a slider!

The thing is, I bought a CH pro throttle and mapped most of my functions to it and ended up with a free axis on my MSFFB2 that used to be the throttle. After debating with myself what I should use it for, the only logical function I came up with was elev trim, hehe.

I wouldn't worry about it too much though since I prefer B&Z and can't really turn for sh1t anyway but it did strike me as rather ironic. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif



<center>http://members.rogers.com/4xtreme/chbanner.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 11:20 PM
Just place your crosshairs on the enemy's arse and fire.

XyZspineZyX
08-19-2003, 02:12 AM
what? A trim discussion going on for over 4 hours and still no visit from the evil red one?

I would think of all the things going on in the world at least I could count on RBJ showing up in a trim thread...

XyZspineZyX
08-19-2003, 02:23 AM
I thought about a question for this post but then ralized I ws fishing in a small shallow lake with a big RBJ in it.

I decided to buy my fish at market. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

*****Only left handed people are in their right minds.*****

<center>http://www.ghosts.com/images/05.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-19-2003, 12:01 PM
nearmiss wrote:
-
- MildBill wrote:

-- It's a cheat because the real WWII pilots only had
-- keyboards in their cockpits.
--
--
--
-- It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool
-- than to speak and remove all doubt.
--
-- Yes, I'm talking to you.
-
- =============================
-
-
- You would do well to take your own advise.
-
- You certainly didn't have anything to say or
- contribute to this thread.
-
-- It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool
-- than to speak and remove all doubt.
--
-- Yes, I'm talking to you.

Hmmm, I thought I was rather pithily backing up your point that putting trim on a slider is like having a trim wheel and maybe a bit more realistic than a keyboard (though I know some planes useed thumbswitches and such). Most people would be nice to people who agree with them. Maybe my support was too subtly expressed for you to grasp. I will continue to believe you are a bit dim-witted rather than a total a$$h*le unless you correct me.

And Buzz, I see your point about explioting instantly responsibe trim as a cheat. Trim should not respond instantly.

MB




---------------------------
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Yes, I'm talking to you.

XyZspineZyX
08-19-2003, 12:15 PM
nearmiss why dont you TURN yourself invisable or shutup

take your choice http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

<center><FONT COLOR="white">ӚFJ-M œ R D ˜ ӡ[/i]</font>

<center> http://www.onpoi.net/ah/pics/users/ah_109_1059752328.jpg </center>

<center><FONT COLOR="white">The "Ace Edge"(c).
With my incremental trim
I am actually able to turn so quickly that, I never turn at all.
In Fact the Planet Earth rotates around the Axis of My PC, thus giving me the optimum turn rate and insuring that you
the bandit are promptly fraged !!!
In memory Of Ray R.I.P.[/i]</font>

XyZspineZyX
08-19-2003, 12:33 PM
Hmmph

reminds me of this real n00b in a vow mission: He went ape-poop when i used the WINGTIP SMOKE to ask for help from my wingman (i had fw190F8 and he was doing his stuff in a la5FN, in my tail.) He started going nuts like "U CANNOT USE WINGTIP SMOKE BECAUSE REAL PLANES DIDNT HAVE THEM blaablaa. IMHO it is a feature in the game which may or may not be used. Same goes for ToS, it is there but wasnt possible in a real fighterplane. Then again there are several things real planes/pilots COULD do and we cannot, one of them is looking around and getting a good SitAwareness. next come g-forces and the hartmann escape.

I do not have ToS and I would like to see the possibility to this exploit taken away BUT since it is there I can live with some ppl using it. Falls into the same category as the wingtipsmoken00b.

If we get realistic flight characteristiccs some day then i may care about this also. Now the roll/view issues just make me chuckle and adapt to the GAME as it is now.

-Possu

XyZspineZyX
08-19-2003, 03:11 PM
AFJ_Murdoc wrote:
- nearmiss why dont you TURN yourself invisable or
- shutup
-
- take your choice /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

------------------------------------------

It must be that some days, some people are more tolerant of others. It doesn't make a lot of sense to make postings on a thread you, to which you have nothing to contribute except verbal abuse. I think we need a Pilot's lounge to vent the pent-up venom we'd like to spew. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

I'm not picking on you Murdoc, it's just that you're right "become invisible or shutup".

I do have sense of humor, and I don't take myself too serious most of the time. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

-------------- /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-19-2003, 04:25 PM
trim on a slider saved me many times when bnzing making me just miss the ground, Its definatly not useless, but on a keyboard it seems pretty useless


http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4jz7i/ls.gif

Good dogfighters bring ammo home, Great ones don't. (c) Leadspitter

XyZspineZyX
08-19-2003, 06:07 PM
LeadSpitter_ wrote:
- trim on a slider saved me many times when bnzing
- making me just miss the ground, Its definatly not
- useless, but on a keyboard it seems pretty useless

I remember when FB first came out I was having a heck of a time pulling out of dives in the BF109-G2. It just seemed easier in Il2 and my trim was not on a slider.

In IL2, I had my joystick pitch,roll,yaw with a filter of 1. I had to stop some of the bounce and wobble of my aircraft when I was inside .3KM of a target aircraft and trying to get hits on it. The filter inhibited most of the bouncing. I couldn't apply the filter in FB. It was just too restrictive with the flight model changes. The FB aircraft just seemed anchored in stone, when I was trying to pull out of deep angle descents.

Flying offline, whether I fly with my trim on slider is not a factor to anyone, but me.

Thanks for a reasonable response, LeadSpitter. I've got elevator trim set on my joystick slider for now and I'm gonna try it for a while.

------------------- /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-19-2003, 06:15 PM
LeadSpitter_ wrote:
- trim on a slider saved me many times when bnzing
- making me just miss the ground, Its definatly not
- useless, but on a keyboard it seems pretty useless

Agree, keyboard is useless on trimming.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
http://members.cox.net/lallend/KUNG_FU.GIF