PDA

View Full Version : PEC Question



JAHman28
02-06-2010, 02:56 AM
Right, so we know that using the Persistent Elite Creation system we can upgrade weapons.

BUT do we have to collect the points to upgrade a certain gun With the gun we wish to upgrade?

eg. I want my M5 to have a silencer, but does that mean I have to kill enemies with my M5 with no silencer, or can I use a pistol to gain points?

BruceLee11
02-06-2010, 04:26 AM
l read somewhere that you will gain cash that can be used to upgrade your weapons. Not sure if this is true or false.

Can someone pls verify? thanks! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

edit: more info can be found here (http://www.thelostgamer.com/2009/12/14/splinter-cell-convictions-pec-system-detailed/) about the PEC system.

grawlord76
02-06-2010, 10:13 AM
its a UPLAY points system

you build up credits which you can use to purchase content.

its not like RSV where you can slap anything on a gun.

i know for the mp-5 you get three upgrades

1. stock
2. 2x scope
3. hollow point ammo

i just hope you dont have to get on xbox live to unlock the stuff. because i just got high speed internet and are saving up and all i play is co-op with my bro so i dont know if it like rsv1 or rsv2.

but any way there you go

SA Snake
02-06-2010, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by grawlord76:
its a UPLAY points system

you build up credits which you can use to purchase content.

its not like RSV where you can slap anything on a gun.

i know for the mp-5 you get three upgrades

1. stock
2. 2x scope
3. hollow point ammo

i just hope you dont have to get on xbox live to unlock the stuff. because i just got high speed internet and are saving up and all i play is co-op with my bro so i dont know if it like rsv1 or rsv2.

but any way there you go

PEC system is not Uplay, Uplay unlocks a game mode or a wallpaper or something like that, and there is only 4 awards in uplay for a game. The PEC system, u gain points, money, whatever, for doing things throughout the game, im guessing finishing an objective or something, and can then use these points to upgrade weapons/gadgets, or outfits and camo for ur coop guys.

JAHman28
02-06-2010, 11:24 AM
I know all this.
What I do want to know is if, for instance, points gained by a pistol can be spent on my M5.

BruceLee11
02-06-2010, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by JAHman28:
I know all this.
What I do want to know is if, for instance, points gained by a pistol can be spent on my M5.

Best to ask one of the devs about that, jahman.

JAHman28
02-06-2010, 12:13 PM
good idea!!!
I shoulda though of that http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Ghost_LeaderBG
02-06-2010, 12:57 PM
You can see more information about Sam Fisher's equipment if you go to the official Splinter Cell site and go to the Man Of Conviction page:
http://splintercell.uk.ubi.com...n/#/manofconviction/ (http://splintercell.uk.ubi.com/conviction/#/manofconviction/)
Then rotate the Sam Fisher's figure until you see his backpack and click on it.There you can see all his weapons with information about them and the upgrades you can use.

BruceLee11
02-06-2010, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by TMW92:
You can see more information about Sam Fisher's equipment if you go to the official Splinter Cell site and go to the Man Of Conviction page:
http://splintercell.uk.ubi.com...n/#/manofconviction/ (http://splintercell.uk.ubi.com/conviction/#/manofconviction/)
Then rotate the Sam Fisher's figure until you see his backpack and click on it.There you can see all his weapons with information about them and the upgrades you can use.

kewl! thanks, tmw http://www.getsmile.com/emoticons/smileys-91853/aiw/good.gif

Cyrus.H
02-07-2010, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by TMW92:
You can see more information about Sam Fisher's equipment if you go to the official Splinter Cell site and go to the Man Of Conviction page:
http://splintercell.uk.ubi.com...n/#/manofconviction/ (http://splintercell.uk.ubi.com/conviction/#/manofconviction/)
Then rotate the Sam Fisher's figure until you see his backpack and click on it.There you can see all his weapons with information about them and the upgrades you can use.
Thanks for the link.

Also, did anyone else notice that they mistakenly called the H&K MP5SD3 submachine gun the "MP5503"? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Also, the SC3000 looks just plain weird without the gadget launcher. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif