PDA

View Full Version : Player Character disappointment

dozens_of_us
06-01-2021, 09:51 PM
Not going to lie, being forced to play with a random character in a game that has a wealth of different characters and customizations, it seems rather disappointing for us to not select a character that represents us or allows for better immersion like we can in the main game. Given that we can play whoever we want in the story and multiplayer modes for Legion, it seems to not make a whole lot of sense to not allow that same freedom in this game mode. Are we going to be allowed to have any character we want or are we going to be stuck with this RNG selection?

xrayspex_73
06-02-2021, 06:35 AM
I agree. There should be a character creator/choice.

thomashyde
06-02-2021, 03:16 PM
I agree. There should be a character creator/choice.

I know it's not possible to transfer characters from online or single-player here, but was at least looking forward to character creation or selection instead of just dropping a random character, top 1 blocker for me to jump in this mode

MrLovecat
06-02-2021, 04:59 PM
Hopefully it's just because its in alpha and when the final version is released it uses online mode operatives.

dozens_of_us
06-02-2021, 06:02 PM
top 1 blocker for me to jump in this mode

Same. I played a little bit of it but if I donít have control over how my character should be presented in the game mode then I wonít bother with it. I donít think devs realize how many of us out there enjoy a game when we get to choose who we play as, and Iíve absolutely never been a fan of random forced character choices.

InsaneDriver36
06-03-2021, 08:40 PM
Agreed. Allow us to import and choose our favorite customized agent or character.

xrayspex_73
06-04-2021, 04:53 AM
Agreed. Allow us to import and choose our favorite customized agent or character.

I didn't even think of that. That would be awesome to be able to import our agents from the main game.

secretzrus
06-05-2021, 04:12 AM
If nothing else, give us a selection to choose from like we do when we start the main game's campaign. Also, there needs to be a way that we can opt to keep a character we pick and like and let us build them up instead of a revolving door of new characters to start over with. The lack of any meaningful progression and the lack of anything we could win and keep permanently will probably kill my desire to play this sooner rather than later.

GAMEspyBOX
06-05-2021, 04:49 AM
I think random characters are better. creative. I'm tired of playing previously recruited characters. It feels a bit renewed. I donít know what kind of character will appear, this is a surprise

secretzrus
06-05-2021, 06:20 AM
I think random characters are better. creative. I'm tired of playing previously recruited characters. It feels a bit renewed. I don’t know what kind of character will appear, this is a surprise

That's why it would be an option, because while you feel it's new and refreshing when it comes to random characters each round? I find myself not really caring, no real investment in the outcome because I know I'll never see that character again, win or lose. With that caveat in mind, I just plough through; if I make it "meh' and if I fail, "meh' as well. Make it an option and everyone's happy.

Ryeboy98
06-06-2021, 03:58 PM
Yeah I agree a character creator with all appearance options, unlockable weapons(pointshop?) and voice customisation etc would be awesome. It would be a great way to make this mode more distinct from the base game.

Dy1an212123
06-06-2021, 05:57 PM

Sloggster
06-09-2021, 03:40 PM
If its a limited event time/survival event, what would be the point in using your character from the other game ( seeing as this is a separate entity ) as the idea is to reach the extraction point etc, are you supposed to save your premade character every time ?

Onkochishin.Bae
06-12-2021, 05:39 AM
Online operatives should all be available in the WDL of the Dead, I was too lazy to try the mode just because of this lone reason, and I think it's best to combine WDL online with WDL of the Dead in one game rather than separate them up, like literally what's the point of separating it

ArmitigeShanks
07-04-2021, 06:57 AM
Online operatives should all be available in the WDL of the Dead, I was too lazy to try the mode just because of this lone reason, and I think it's best to combine WDL online with WDL of the Dead in one game rather than separate them up, like literally what's the point of separating it
My hope is this will be retailed at a cheap price point, like $20, to attract people to it.

RN it's pretty much dead before it leaves the gate. I can never find an active lobby to play with, and playing solo is literally impossible. Having HORDES of zombie between you and almost every objective with ONLY a pistol with, like, 50 rounds is ludicrous. The free upgrade you get in the lobby is almost always completely useless. You have almost no hacking abilities....in a game that's primarily about hacking...I did manage to find a G-36 in an "upgrade" box, but it came with 30 rounds which I had to use just to leave the area I found it in. Then I died, and that gun is gone, and I have to start again with zero skills and a ****ty pistol I can use to kill about 50 out of 2 million zombies. I've managed to get 5 Z-creds in the 5 games I've played so far, so it seems like I have to die another 30 times in order to buy the cheapest upgrade in the lobby. So risk vs reward seems totally out of balance rn.

And all these issues without mentioning one of the biggest issues of being forced to play some ugly *** randomly generated character.