PDA

View Full Version : will the patch preserve campaign progress?

XyZspineZyX
06-18-2003, 09:14 PM
Sorry if this has been asked anywhere else (I've looked but can't find it), but will I lose my campaigns with the patch?

Sounds like lots being changed, and it isn't uncommon for things like saved games, etc to not be compatible across upgrades.

Anyone got any idea? If not I'll jsut play single missions and practise till the patch comes out..

XyZspineZyX
06-18-2003, 09:14 PM
Sorry if this has been asked anywhere else (I've looked but can't find it), but will I lose my campaigns with the patch?

Sounds like lots being changed, and it isn't uncommon for things like saved games, etc to not be compatible across upgrades.

Anyone got any idea? If not I'll jsut play single missions and practise till the patch comes out..

XyZspineZyX
06-18-2003, 10:50 PM
It should be compatible, but... http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

1. I cannot guarantee it. There is nothing that I see which should break it, but this option was not tested or specifically addressed.

2. Some new features won't work ideally. For instance, there is a list of ground targets that you destroyed during you career, but it won't be calculated retroactively. Also your squadmates won't become more experienced, as it would happen if you start it it from scratch.

You still should be able to use new tuning options, like difficulty level or changing a number of random flights, etc. Not sure if you can make a campaign in progress shorter. May be not.

XyZspineZyX
06-18-2003, 11:37 PM
i cant see why anything should be lost in campaign progress, we lost nothing in the original IL2 when patching.

XyZspineZyX
06-18-2003, 11:50 PM
I think it won't be compatible, just because oleg said that the campaign is being completely reworked...