PDA

View Full Version : Topic: Voice Pack question

JRJacobs
03-16-2005, 05:21 PM
i am trying to "use" voices from other games to make a new IL2/PF voice pack.
i need help identifing the roles of the actors.
i have:
ACTOR 1 = Flight Leader
ACTOR 2 = Bomber Pilot
ACTOR 3 = Bombardier
ACTOR 4 = Ground Control
ACTOR 5 = Tail Gunner
ACTOR 6 = Pilot 1
ACTOR 7 = Pilot 2
ACTOR 8 = Pilot 3
ACTOR 9 = Pilot 4

is this correct? any clarifications?

JRJacobs
03-16-2005, 05:21 PM
i am trying to "use" voices from other games to make a new IL2/PF voice pack.
i need help identifing the roles of the actors.
i have:
ACTOR 1 = Flight Leader
ACTOR 2 = Bomber Pilot
ACTOR 3 = Bombardier
ACTOR 4 = Ground Control
ACTOR 5 = Tail Gunner
ACTOR 6 = Pilot 1
ACTOR 7 = Pilot 2
ACTOR 8 = Pilot 3
ACTOR 9 = Pilot 4

is this correct? any clarifications?

Platypus_1.JaVA
03-17-2005, 02:47 PM
We've created a Dutch Voice pack and this is about right. however, actor 2 and 3 appear to be both bomber pilots. Actor 1 also 'acts' as wingman voice sometimes.

But, do you have a script? You know, a document wich says what it is that needs to be said for each .wav file. The script that came with PF is rubbish. I can send you a few PDF files with the scripts that we used for our voice pack. We made a Dutch voice pack (downloadable at http://www.skinnersheaven.com/) and we translated the scripts that where used for the BoB speechpack by Nikola Tesla (THX3118) and Extreme_one. I can send you the original BoB speechpack.

JRJacobs
03-17-2005, 06:36 PM
Thank you sir - i have ntelsa's scripts this is a project that keeps getting pushed to the back burner but who knows i got everything printed out know including IL2 and Jane's and EAW now if i can get enough matches
actor three talks like a bomber navigator or a the bombardier so i'll go with that - what i wonder is if actor 1 is the flight leader then why 6, 7, 8, AND nine for pilots how do they fit in?

Your pack is a wonderful addition and i've already downloaded it but alas i do not speak your ancient and honorable, language (loving history i do know the new world owes more to the dutch than any barcelonian masquerading as an Italian - heck i've been told by my German grandfather even the Germans couldn't either http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
so i'm holding out for the Dutch accented English version for us dummies version. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Dimensionaut_
03-18-2005, 01:41 AM
If you look at the callsigns used (The 'This is' files.) You will see that each of the actors 6 to 9 has 4 callsigns for aircraft (for aircraft 1 to 16) and the callsign for a flight (one of the 4 flights).

Actor one is the commander of the flight. It's the only actor with lines for giving commands.

Actually for bombers the bomber voice (2 and 3) are used when giving specific bobmer replies. When you get flight responses from a bomber it's suddenly voice 6 to 9 according to the aircraft responding.

A bit confusing, my choice would have been to add the bomber responses to each actor 6 to 9, so it would all be in the same voice.