PDA

View Full Version : Was it hard to get 100% syncronization for you?

Bronx1875
04-18-2011, 08:31 PM
Well when i first got the game and saw that you could get 100% sync i pretty much wanted to finish it they say Brotherhood isnt as long as AC1 OR AC2 but if you do those challanges it will sure take you sometime to complete i think the only one i found very frustrateing is trying to get the borgia captain into the ''Scaffold'' mainly because i had no idea what that was <.> anyways

What was your hardest mission to 100% syncronize and was the whole Syncronization process in the game hard to complete?
yes im 100% sync in the Da vinci disseapearnce as well as in the main quest in game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Blind2Society
04-18-2011, 08:46 PM
Well none of them were realy hard exactly. They were more just tedious. The ones that annoyed me the most were the tank (1st playthrough), The first Capernico mission (every playthrough), and young at heart. Again, none of these were hard they were just a pain in the.

As far as this making the game longer, well, that ticks me off as well. Making a mission tedious and having to restart from the beginning is no was to make the game longer and that is severely disappointing that they tried that. Especially considering the last few missions. Once you got the apple back the game went steadily downhill until you arrive at the Colloseum as Desmond. I mean come on. Those missions were rediculous. Go to Rosa in Fiore, let's go kill some guards and then just repeat for each guild with no story, no dialog? Shame on you Ubi, shame on you http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

^I certainly did not purposely bypass the filter. If I remember correctly I typed ***. how that turned into a word I do not know.

Bronx1875
04-18-2011, 08:52 PM
I agree the sequence that required you to use the Apple of eden to just kill guards was very short and really yes there was no dialouge i felt like the game had about only 7 sequences because sequence 8 was all about the P.O.E and sequence 9 was just defeating Ceaser but how did Ezio get to Ceaser in the first place? how did Ceaser escape the Papal armies? there pretty much a gap i wish Ubisoft would fill for me since im a bit confussed on that end

lilbacchant
04-18-2011, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Bronx1875:
there pretty much a gap i wish Ubisoft would fill for me since im a bit confussed on that end

I think a lot of us are a member of that club.

A general and obvious rule in storytelling is that the reader (player) should be privy to the same info as the character (protagonist) they're supposed to identify with. At least, that is, all of the info that's important to the story -- if you care about character development, you'll have to provide even more info.

AC2 dropped that ball temporarily before they released memory sequences 12 and 13 as DLC. And -- shocker! -- they've now done the same thing in AC:B.

UBI, you can't show us that Ezio saw something of great importance with the POE towards the end of the game, but not show us what he saw, and then expect us to both identify with him and be fascinated with the plot when he inexplicably acts on that info years later. WTF were you thinking?!

Krayus Korianis
04-18-2011, 09:37 PM
The only missions I had problems with was the first and second thief missions that included racing.

I hate racing, not very fun.

lilbacchant
04-18-2011, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Blind2Society:
Well none of them were realy hard exactly. They were more just tedious. The ones that annoyed me the most were the tank (1st playthrough), The first Capernico mission (every playthrough), and young at heart. Again, none of these were hard they were just a pain in the.

As far as this making the game longer, well, that ticks me off as well. Making a mission tedious and having to restart from the beginning is no was to make the game longer and that is severely disappointing that they tried that. Especially considering the last few missions. Once you got the apple back the game went steadily downhill until you arrive at the Colloseum as Desmond. I mean come on. Those missions were rediculous. Go to Rosa in Fiore, let's go kill some guards and then just repeat for each guild with no story, no dialog? Shame on you Ubi, shame on you http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

I couldn't agree more. Cheap ploys all the way around.

I actually laughed (and still chuckle) that our *rewards* for the frustrations with Full Sync were the Christina missions. We finally get some content that adds depth to Ezio's character (the best, imo, since the beginning of AC2 when Ezio hangs -- pun may or may not be intended depending upon your sensibilites -- with his older brother), but in order to get those nuggets of good storytelling, we had to jump thru often annoying, usually immersion-breaking, and always arbitrary hoops. You gotta love that irony.

Krayus Korianis
04-18-2011, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by lilbacchant:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:

I couldn't agree more. Cheap ploys all the way around.

I actually laughed (and still chuckle) that our *rewards* for the frustrations with Full Sync were the Christina missions. We finally get some content that adds depth to Ezio's character (the best, imo, since the beginning of AC2 when Ezio hangs -- pun may or may not be intended depending upon your sensibilites -- with his older brother), but in order to get those nuggets of good storytelling, we had to jump thru often annoying, usually immersion-breaking, and always arbitrary hoops. You gotta love that irony. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If doing missions the way Ezio did them is "Immersion Breaking", I fear for your soul.

lilbacchant
04-18-2011, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis:
If doing missions the way Ezio did them is "Immersion Breaking", I fear for your soul.

If I have to do everything the way Ezio supposedly did, then I'm just going thru the motions and don't have to think.

If I'm not thinking, there's no "me" to merge with the character and I'm just an unimaginative automaton.

Krayus Korianis
04-18-2011, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by lilbacchant:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis:

If I have to do everything the way Ezio supposedly did, then I'm just going thru the motions and don't have to think.

If I'm not thinking, there's no "me" to merge with the character and I'm just an unimaginative automaton. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Complaining about 100% is entirely your decision, but the basis on which you come to your conclusion are just wrong and warped.

100% is only for the way EZIO did them, which does NOT make you an automaton. Just someone who is watching how Ezio did the missions.

AT ANY TIME you are able to do the missions the way you want within the operational parameters. I.E. Don't get seen, don't kill someone, and the like.

Blind2Society
04-18-2011, 10:05 PM
The 100% sync requirements were not well thought out. It seems as though some dev just added them a couple days before the game released. Those may be little things but they have a massive affect on the story. They can either add to the story or take away from it. I believe, on Ubi's first attempt at sync requirments, they did the latter.

And yes, it does take away from the immersion factor. In AC1 you were on your own. You had to collect the information on your targets youself, you had to figure out how to go about the assassination yourself and you had to figure out the best method of escape. Now it's just, you already know everything, so just do it the way we tell you. This is too linear and linear ALWAYS takes away from immersion.

One other thing, personal body guards, as opposed to normal guards need to be much much much stonger. This way you actually feel you have to escape to survive.

Cephsus
04-19-2011, 06:17 AM
I didnt like that the 100% sync was "the way ezio did it". Felt it took me out of the game and i wasnt playing it the right way when i failed to get 100%. Which got quite annoying at times since i like to take my own time on dungeons and do mission my own style. Tho you can still do that way it just felt like a slap in the face when you get that popup "thats not how ezio did it, 50%!!". Damnit!.

The 100% sync should only have been a challenge of sort, not something linked directly to the character. The way Ezio play is the way the player control him, not some 100% sync stuff.

As to it being "hard", abit at times but mostly just annoying.

SteelCity999
04-19-2011, 07:32 AM
They were not very hard as everyone has mentioned but I really don't have any problem with them including them in the game. Would your opinions change if they were labeled as bonus challenges? Aside from getting some paintings on the wall, cheats unlocked and a trophy if you get the DLC, the 100% sync is really just bonus items.

From Ubi's point of view this is also a way to ad replayability because you can't play through everything just once and obtain everything the game has to offer and fulfill the 100% sync. I think that is fairly inline with most other games out there that have collectibles and trophies. Now what the 100% requirements are and whether they are good or not is an entirely other issue and from playing through them I would say quite a few of them are silly bcause they require some "trick" to accomplish them.

crash3
04-19-2011, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis:
The only missions I had problems with was the first and second thief missions that included racing.

I hate racing, not very fun.

racing should be physically against another person, not just some assault course style race-its not that exciting

also the only mission i havent achieved 100% sync in is the tank mission-its not genuinely hard, its just annoyingly frustrating

True_Assassin92
04-19-2011, 09:26 AM
Not really wasting my time trying to get 100% synch lol xD. They should have added something cool to get when achieving it.

doomsday16
04-19-2011, 10:05 AM
The missions i thought that were going to be a pain weren't, like the secret locations and stuff. the hardest ones for me were the dang Young at Heart and the other racing one.... it took me the longest time to finish.

ChaosxNetwork
04-19-2011, 12:47 PM
I did ever mission within two tries. The only one that took more was the Pythagorean Temple haha as I kept falling :/