PDA

View Full Version : Ezio's kids

Ruscris2
07-25-2011, 03:34 AM
"
Nikole:
Q: What's up with Ezio will he have kiddos or not? (that's the question, I swear) A: He will have daughter and a son. Characters that are really important to the story.

Read more: http://www.g4tv.com/comiccon-2...l/128/#ixzz1T9C5Jcpd (http://www.g4tv.com/comiccon-2011/panels-and-live-blogs/assassins-creed-revelations-panel/128/#ixzz1T9C5Jcpd)"

I bet that in the last part of the game we'll be able to play a few memories as Sophia and one of his kids <probably the son>.
What do you think ?

Blind2Society
07-25-2011, 03:42 AM
Embers

Though, I do wonder if we will get to play anything of the sort in game.

CRUDFACE
07-25-2011, 11:28 AM
I don't think we'll won't play as Sophia, I mean there's nothing from her perspective that matters that much.

Originally posted by Blind2Society:
Embers

Though, I do wonder if we will get to play anything of the sort in game.

I wish they would.

But the writers and developers have already stated that it will be a narrative. And by the way Ezio's moving, I'm not so sure I want to use him again, lol. And there'd be no way to, he's already had his children by now. And they look at least 5-7 years old...meaning that embers takes place years later.

Morkins
07-25-2011, 12:03 PM
In my mind, him having kids and us still being able to relive his memories constitutes a retcon and one that I am rather upset about... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSapMzB7rBw)

Seriously, they went to the trouble of specifically showing what happens at the moment of conception of the next ancestor and yet they still insisted on breaking that piece of the canon.

I can't even begin to fathom how nobody in the 500 person team that is working on this series managed to point it out...

Unless of course he has kids after the end of Revelations, which means that he would become a father at the age of like 52, which is ancient given the time period.

CRUDFACE
07-25-2011, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Morkins:
In my mind, him having kids and us still being able to relive his memories constitutes a retcon and one that I am rather upset about... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSapMzB7rBw)

Seriously, they went to the trouble of specifically showing what happens at the moment of conception of the next ancestor and yet they still insisted on breaking that piece of the canon.

I can't even begin to fathom how nobody in the 500 person team that is working on this series managed to point it out...

Dude, it's just a movie for us to watch, it's not Desmond anymore as it takes place after Revelations which is when Ezio isn't in the main plot anymore.

Desmond isn't watching it, it's just us.

Morkins
07-25-2011, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by t260z:

Dude, it's just a movie for us to watch, it's not Desmond anymore as it takes place after Revelations which is when Ezio isn't in the main plot anymore.

Desmond isn't watching it, it's just us.
I am more referring to the events of Revelations since one would assume that he has had kids before he is 52(since the average life expectancy at the time of the game is like 65).

Either he is ancient when he has kids(and Sophia isn't the mother, because she would be past child bearing age(and certainly unable to survive more than one child birth given the health standards of the time)), or Revelations constitutes a retcon.

swiftkinfe
07-25-2011, 12:17 PM
What retcon?

Sophia does not have to be Ezio's age when they do the jig in bed.Sophia could be rosa's(Ac2) age for all we know.Sure Ezio might not live to see them have kids but Altair got to 92 why cant Ezio?

Morkins
07-25-2011, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by V-rex1986:
What retcon?

Sophia does not have to be Ezio's age when they do the jig in bed.Sophia could be rosa's(Ac2) age for all we know.Sure Ezio might not live to see them have kids but Altair got to 92 why cant Ezio?
Based on the panel, it implied that he had kids before the events of Revelations(the question was after a question on Revelations and before they showed the trailer for Ember...). However, looking at the wiki, it suggests otherwise. I guess I will have to wait and see.

xepa105
07-25-2011, 01:01 PM
Remember 'Assassin's Creed: Lineage'? We saw the movie from the point of view of Giovanni while Ezio was already a teenager, right before AC:2 started.

I think unless it's Desmond accessing the memory - therefore, the games only - the need of seeing everything from the perspective of the most recent ancestor is no longer needed.

Morkins
07-25-2011, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by xepa105:
Remember 'Assassin's Creed: Lineage'? We saw the movie from the point of view of Giovanni while Ezio was already a teenager, right before AC:2 started.

I think unless it's Desmond accessing the memory - therefore, the games only - the need of seeing everything from the perspective of the most recent ancestor is no longer needed.
As I stated before, the way that G4 reported on the panel implied that they were talking about Revelations with regard to his children, but I suppose that may not be true after all(I blame G4...)

Both the OP and myself made the same mistake in the interpretation of the panel live-blog...

RzaRecta357
07-25-2011, 02:27 PM
Yeah most of the forum regulars know everything there is to know about revelations so far. So when they mention Sophia we just knew it was after the game as he doesn't meet her and woo her till during the game.

twenty_glyphs
07-25-2011, 03:02 PM
In the video of the panel they said that Embers is a story that couldn't be seen in the game, so it seems likely it's because Ezio already has children at the time of the Embers story. It's like Lineage where it's a story set in the universe, but it's told as a normal story instead of seeing Desmond experience the memories in the Animus. And Sofia seems to be much younger than Ezio. In the Game Informer article, she's described as a "young woman", and she obviously looks much younger than Ezio.

the_atm
07-25-2011, 03:14 PM
who knows, it might turn out like RDR hopefully his boy kid wont be as anoying as Jack is and was...

Assassin_M
07-25-2011, 03:52 PM
The kids Are Marcello and Flavia Auditore for anyone not knowing.

Abeonis
07-25-2011, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Morkins:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by V-rex1986:
What retcon?

Based on the panel, it implied that he had kids before the events of Revelations(the question was after a question on Revelations and before they showed the trailer for Ember...). However, looking at the wiki, it suggests otherwise. I guess I will have to wait and see. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The panel said no such thing. If Marcello and Flavia Auditore were born before the events depicted in Revelations, we wouldn't be able to play those events.

Drakonous505
07-25-2011, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Morkins:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by V-rex1986:
What retcon?

Based on the panel, it implied that he had kids before the events of Revelations(the question was after a question on Revelations and before they showed the trailer for Ember...). However, looking at the wiki, it suggests otherwise. I guess I will have to wait and see. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The panel said no such thing. If Marcello and Flavia Auditore were born before the events depicted in Revelations, we wouldn't be able to play those events. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe he's stating that it is implied Ezio slept around a lot and due to this some bastard children were born. Not that the kids in embers were born.

LieutenantJojo
07-25-2011, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Drakonous505:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Morkins:
What retcon?

The panel said no such thing. If Marcello and Flavia Auditore were born before the events depicted in Revelations, we wouldn't be able to play those events. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe he's stating that it is implied Ezio slept around a lot and due to this some bastard children were born. Not that the kids in embers were born. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, Ezio might already have a child in Revelations. It is quite possible that Desmond is a descendant of Ezio's second child, thus making it possible to see Ezio's memories even after the first child is born. Heck, Ezio might already have 10 children by that point. It all depends on who is Desmond's ancestor.

Black_Widow9
07-26-2011, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by livfreorletmedi:
who knows, it might turn out like RDR hopefully his boy kid wont be as anoying as Jack is and was...
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif No kidding.