PDA

View Full Version : vista and conf.ini

gonk66
04-13-2007, 10:06 PM
help..

what does IL2 1946 use to set/change resolution ? I thought it was the conf.ini. However any changes I do are not reflected in this file. The game does remember what the last resolution setting was. So I can not track down where it is stored so I can change it to wide screen.

Bloody vista!!

VW-IceFire
04-13-2007, 10:33 PM
Its in the config.ini file. Vista shouldn't have much to do with it.

Some people edit the resolution in the config.ini and then either go into the IL2 Setup utility or go into the in-game video resolution changer which then erases their changes in the config.ini. If thats what you're doing...don't http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Tator_Totts
04-15-2007, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by gonk66:
help..

what does IL2 1946 use to set/change resolution ? I thought it was the conf.ini. However any changes I do are not reflected in this file. The game does remember what the last resolution setting was. So I can not track down where it is stored so I can change it to wide screen.

Bloody vista!!
Not sure about the widescreen thing. As for the config file not keeping changes. Vista installs the config file as read only You will have to change the propertise of the file. Also you might have to turn off UAC and reboot to allow that.

Masten
04-15-2007, 11:44 AM
I too have Vista and I am able to edit my conf.ini for wide screen mode.
I use my big screen HDTV for my monitor and my settings are for 1360x768.
My conf.ini has this:

[window]
width=1360
height=768
ColourBits=32
DepthBits=24
StencilBits=8
ChangeScreenRes=1
FullScreen=1
DrawIfNotFocused=0
EnableResize=0
EnableClose=1
SaveAspect=0
Use3Renders=0

May be this will work for you with your desired resolution. The menu appears square but when the game starts....its wide.
Good Luck!

No105_Swoose
04-16-2007, 04:20 PM
Hmmm....I'm also having a problem with the conf.ini and Vista. I can't seem to save the file when it's located in the Programs/Ubisoft/IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 folder. When I attempt to save the conf.ini I get a Windows Vista error message: "Path not found" I have checked the properties to make sure Read Only isn't checked. I found a work-around solution by copying the file to my desktop, editing it, and then copying and pasting it back into the Programs file folder. It's not ideal but it works. I hope Storm of War: Battle of Britain doesn't have problems like this.

VW-IceFire
04-16-2007, 05:37 PM
Swoose...are you running as a Regular or Administrator when you're doing this. Vista's UAC and other associated features lock down allot of directories such as Program Files. Makes editing files more difficult...generally a good thing since the joe average user has been prone to deleting things on whims that were ill conceived http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif