PDA

View Full Version : Giovanni's Robes?

tjbyrum1
04-05-2011, 03:06 PM
One thing in AC II that I liked was Gio's Robes. You know, the robes which Ezio acquires at the beginning?

Is it possible to obtain them in the Brotherhood game? Don't get me wrong, I like the simplified version, but Gio's Robes are a lot more fancier and elaborate looking, which I just tend to like.

titjac05
04-05-2011, 03:09 PM
Same here, i think the AC2 character design on a whole is so much better than brotherhood, the armor fits perfectly and doesn't look bulky and heavy unlike brotherhood, the robes have that detail and pattern in and the shoulder on the robes is really nice. Wish you could get an AC2 outfit in Brotherhood, but you can't unfortunately, only Florentine Noble Attire :/

tjbyrum1
04-05-2011, 03:20 PM
Well, it kind of sucks.

But I do understand why Ubi chose to go back to the more simple style of Robes. Altair's robes are for some reason my favorite, I just loved the whole middle eastern thing.

Ureh
04-05-2011, 05:53 PM
Giovanni's and Altair's robes both tie as my #1 favorites (not talking about Altair's armor).

I really like Ezio's new robes too but the cape sorta kills it for me. It just didn't have that cloth-like feel like in AC2. It's probably just me...

phil.llllll
04-05-2011, 08:55 PM
In terms of AC2/B armor sets. For me it's

1.New outfit in brotherhood
2.Altair's Armor
3.Gio's Robes

I'm not sure how I'd rank Altair's robes since it's almost in a completely different design category. What I mean is the AC2/Brotherhood ones have this distinct and fancy nobility look to them where as Altair's outfit has more of a simple monk/peasant look, so it's not really fair as I don't think they can compete (I still love them though).

The worst to me is easily brutus' armor.

Back on topic, I agree they definitely should have been in game as an unlockable at least.

Inorganic9_2
04-06-2011, 08:52 AM
I actually liked the fact that Giovanni's robes were slightly duller than Exio's new robes. Come on...Ezio is meant to be blending with the crowd, yet chooses to wear BRIGHT white robes. I didn't think they had Daz back then :P

crash3
04-07-2011, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by tjbyrum1:
One thing in AC II that I liked was Gio's Robes. You know, the robes which Ezio acquires at the beginning?

Is it possible to obtain them in the Brotherhood game? Don't get me wrong, I like the simplified version, but Gio's Robes are a lot more fancier and elaborate looking, which I just tend to like.

i totally agree-giovannis robes look really sophisticated and possibly the most dicreet looking out of all the outfits ive seen in the AC series, but the armour ruins it dramatically-i still dont know why ubisoft decided to encase a stealthy assassin in 1400's metal plate armour!

Ureh
04-07-2011, 03:34 PM
Armor of Brutus was decent (I like almost everything about it, considering the era it came from). But the skirt looked weird and sorta didn't make sense. That thing looks like it would make squating, jumping, and running inconvenient. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

danho1
04-16-2011, 04:11 PM
I just dont get why they didnt include it...

I hate Ezios new robes, too plain, I miss the elegance of Gio's. the noble look of it.

Was suprised that they werent on the ol uplay..Instead you get the ****ty florentine noble...haha lame.

They should add Gio's robes and the shirt outfit in Monterigioni (spelling?)

phil.llllll
04-16-2011, 04:53 PM
Regarding the whole noble look, I'd say the biggest problem with all the robes is that they all stand out too much. The original point of Altair's outfit was that he looked not too unlike the many white robed monks throughout the cities he went to as to better blend in with the crowd.

It was plain, austere, and hence served a practical purpose for the situations he was in. The guards in the game actually all call him a monk if you bump into them or similarly disturb them.

With Gio's Robes, I just can't see the point to them at all. They're way too flashy and they make him stick out way too much.

Perhaps that's what they were going for with brotherhood. As you say they look more plain and maybe that was to try and get back to the more practical purpose of the outfit.