PDA

View Full Version : What the... (end spoilers)

phil.llllll
12-25-2009, 08:43 PM
Did anyone else who played through the game with the good marine ending (joining the na'vi) notice the hysterical ending. It's like they didn't even try to make sense at all. To explain, earlier in the game they have you kill Tan Jala (one of the head na'vis) and then all the sudden he's alive again at the end and the main character's acting like he just talked with him a while ago.

Truth be told though the game was actually alright playing through as the na'vi, which was clearly the main focus as they didn't even try to make a new marine ending. This really could have been an amazing game if only it wasn't so rushed.

phil.llllll
12-25-2009, 08:43 PM
Did anyone else who played through the game with the good marine ending (joining the na'vi) notice the hysterical ending. It's like they didn't even try to make sense at all. To explain, earlier in the game they have you kill Tan Jala (one of the head na'vis) and then all the sudden he's alive again at the end and the main character's acting like he just talked with him a while ago.

Truth be told though the game was actually alright playing through as the na'vi, which was clearly the main focus as they didn't even try to make a new marine ending. This really could have been an amazing game if only it wasn't so rushed.

Ankhareon
12-25-2009, 10:09 PM
The entire last level was copy/pasted from the Na'vi side, they kept referring to you as the first voice, or dreamwalker, despite not being in an avatar body.

The Tan Jala bit really confused me as well, I saw him dissolve into blue gas, he was definitely dead, and now he's not even mad at me?
Able also seemed really eager to kill Batista, a character he seemed on friendly terms with. not even a cutscene with a confrontation, he just kills him.

Also: how did Falco know where the well of souls was? He was already gone by the time you deliver the harmonic. Nothing about the RDA ending made sense.
And now I think I might have to replay the entire RDA campaign to do the bad RDA ending.

phil.llllll
12-25-2009, 10:43 PM
"Nothing about the RDA ending made sense.
And now I think I might have to replay the entire RDA campaign to do the bad RDA ending."

Haha! I'm in the same situation. If the ending makes as little sense as the good RDA one then I'm not sure I'll even bother.

I really think they tailored the whole game toward the na'vi side and the RDA was really an afterthought. That might have been the laziest most tacked on ending I've ever seen for a game. Really just laughable at best.

Ankhareon
12-25-2009, 11:51 PM
I'd agree with that assessment. Though it seems like Batista's character was an original one to the RDA side