PDA

View Full Version : Collector's Edition - Typo

Elzibabus
11-16-2011, 10:44 AM
I recieved my collectors edition of Revelations in the post today - opening it with great excitement I perused the contents and found something which dissappointed me!

On the blurb of Assassin's Creed - Embers there is quite a blatant typo! "Quiet" is written instead of "Quite". Fair enough we all make mistakes from time to time, but on the Collectors Edition? I thought I was buying a special copy, not a shambled copy.

A company as large and as presitigous as Ubisoft should be able to prevent such obvious errors from occurring and tarring an otherwise well presented box-set.

Has anyone else found this typo?

souNdwAve89
11-16-2011, 11:32 AM
The U.S. GameStop Signature Edition has the word "ancestor" despite them saying Ezio and Altair are not directly related. There is a thread about it and some people think the word ancestor is just a loose word. Like Ezio walking in the footsteps of his mentor. I dunno how Ubisoft didn't catch these errors since they must have proofread it before sending it off to the company that prints it.

BEN201029
12-02-2011, 06:07 AM
Annoying typo, just noticed it on my collector's edition, seriously do they not have people proof reading their stuff? Love the box, but the first thing I look at inside it has an obvious typo that an 8 year old could pick up on.

I demand refund! Not really but still Ubisoft what are you doing? Nobody noticed this? Are they all simple?

Serrachio
12-02-2011, 06:10 AM
OH NO, ONE TYPO! WHATEVER SHALL WE DO?

LightRey
12-02-2011, 08:57 AM
TO THE BUNKER!

ProdiGurl
12-02-2011, 09:10 AM
Oh gawsh . . I really feel bad for these game creators - the living hell they must go thru continually if they read all the comments.

On one hand, yes your products should be utter
~P E R F E C T I O N ~,
but I think on the bigger scale of things, with all the serious crap going on in the world today, we need to lighten up & appreciate what we've got.

Reign
12-02-2011, 09:13 AM
Hey at least you didn't have a typo like the ACB collectors edition where the Footpad made the crowd "cream". http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ProdiGurl
12-02-2011, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Re1gn77:
Hey at least you didn't have a typo like the ACB collectors edition where the Footpad made the crowd "cream". http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

wolves_smurf
12-02-2011, 09:43 AM
Yes i have quiet on the blurb of embers, but it isn't a typo it makes total sense.

"The life of this former assassin mentor will not stay quiet for long"

Quite would not make sense there, no offense.

Abeonis
12-02-2011, 10:01 AM
I saw them mention the "21th Century" in the encyclopaedia!! I'm neverz gonna buy another Ubiisoft games agen!!!

BEN201029
12-02-2011, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by wolves_smurf:
Yes i have quiet on the blurb of embers, but it isn't a typo it makes total sense.

"The life of this former assassin mentor will not stay quiet for long"

Quite would not make sense there, no offense.

Fail comprehension? Read a few lines down lol. "One day a mysterious assassin shows up at Ezio's door quiet unexpectedly begging for Ezio's aid." I guess they're French though and I always sucked balls at their language so I can forgive them, but still it's pretty amateurish, can't afford proof readers at Ubi?

jmk1999
12-02-2011, 12:08 PM
eh, i wouldn't sweat it too much. i work for a magazine and no matter how hard we try, there's always at least one regrettable typo or something. it's just part of the job. you gotta move on and deal with it. granted, we try to avoid obvious ones like when they're in headlines and stuff. i remember we did an article on hydrogen peroxide in the first issue i worked on and the headline ended up reading "hyrogen"... i'm not gonna say it was my fault we didn't catch it... but i DID type it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Psychopompador
12-02-2011, 12:19 PM
has it affected the playability of the game?

rhetorical question. Amazing the things that some feel warrant new threads.

BEN201029
12-02-2011, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by PsychopompadorS:
has it affected the playability of the game?

rhetorical question. Amazing the things that some feel warrant new threads.

Did anyone say this has affected the playability of the game?

rhetorical question. Amazing the things people assume about the intentions of new threads.

If anything this is helpful to Ubisoft so next time they will proof read the giant capitalized letters on the back of an item inside their expensive collectors edition people paid a lot more for.