PDA

View Full Version : Yokosuka D4Y Suisei "JUDY"

jagdmailer
01-26-2005, 07:00 PM
Never saw anything mentioned about this bird in reference to PF, but anyone knows if it was ever considered ?

I think it's one of the Japanese planes along with the Tony that looks half-decent (IMO).

Jagd

jagdmailer
01-26-2005, 07:00 PM
Never saw anything mentioned about this bird in reference to PF, but anyone knows if it was ever considered ?

I think it's one of the Japanese planes along with the Tony that looks half-decent (IMO).

Jagd

MoritzJGOne
01-26-2005, 07:46 PM
I am sure it has been considered. I sent a number of drawings, diagrams et al from the Maru boks to 1C.

VW-IceFire
01-26-2005, 08:58 PM
I remember this from Aces of the Pacific. Was not a half bad dive bomber as I remember. Its problem was that it was underarmed and too late on the scene. It was faster than the Val but it, like all other dive bombers, suffered greatly because there was no air superiority possibility for the Japanese by this point.

Feathered_IV
01-27-2005, 02:41 AM
Gotta love those Maru's. I've got the A5M/F1M, Shiden and P1Y but they are a bit pricey for me http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif. It'd be a good idea if Oleg put out a wanted list of ac reference that we could contribute to. That way we can all help.