PDA

View Full Version : Did They Inherit It ?

Assassin_M
09-28-2009, 04:33 AM
well i was thinking that if altair s ancestors inherit his eagle vision so maybe they also inherited his resistence to the piece of eden this is also evident as in some emails there is a conversation about worries that the piece of eden wont be enough and some wont be affected .... discuss

thekyle0
09-28-2009, 04:48 AM
The reason Altair was able to resist the Piece of Eden was because he full understood that nothing is true and everything is permitted. This means wasn't tricked by the illusion. That's not hereditary, it's a mindset. But since Desmond experienced Altair's memories and experiences it would make sense that he has a better understanding of the creed it might be able to resist the piece of eden.

bokeef04
09-28-2009, 05:00 AM
i would say it has more to do with brain chemistry or some genes, if it was merely Altair's understanding of nothing is true and everything is permitted then other people wouldn't be resistant and Abstergo wouldn't need to worry about getting multiple artifacts to ensure everyone is controlled

SBRedFlag
09-28-2009, 05:04 AM
Well, the entire teaching of the Assassin's is that nothing is true and everything is permitted, so many Assassins are bound to be resistant as well.

So I agree with kyle's theory.

Assassin_M
09-28-2009, 05:07 AM
thats exactly what i was saying if it has something to do with the understanding of nothing is true and everything is permitted then itd be very easy and all they need to worry about is the assassins but i think it is the brain chemistry or genes cuz if its related to understanding then why did some assassins fall for the illusion and others didnt, like malik and altair

Xanatos2007
09-28-2009, 05:21 AM
Altair resisted the POE before he fully understood the meaning of the quote...

"But the truth is, I did try: in my study, when I showed you the treasure. But you are not like the others, you saw through the illusion." - Al Mualim

Account_Deleted
09-28-2009, 05:32 AM
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
why do most new threads always
have a demanding
"discuss" on the end of it?</pre>

P459
09-28-2009, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Account_Deleted:
have a demanding

Because they want people to discuss it and not just look at the post and then log out?

Assassin_M
09-28-2009, 08:03 AM
thank u P459 i was gonna tell him that but it seems u beat me to it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ScytheOfGrim
09-28-2009, 08:07 AM
And I would like to know who is going to post up a thread in a General Discussion board and not want an ensuing discussion?

Sticking the word onto the end of the first post is redundant, and similar to asking a dead man to die.
Not to mention that it's irritating as well.

Account_Deleted
09-28-2009, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by P459:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Account_Deleted:
have a demanding

Because they want people to discuss it and not just look at the post and then log out? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Common Sense.. you would post in an asking thread...
but over time you learn that topics that are bought up a lot , you should just leave it/ or type that use the search and bluh bluh...
but sometimes you have said ti too much to bother anyway.

and my post was sorta a rhetorical question

Assassin_M
09-28-2009, 08:11 AM
back on topic plz http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Losk_
09-28-2009, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by thekyle0:
The reason Altair was able to resist the Piece of Eden was because he full understood that nothing is true and everything is permitted. This means wasn't tricked by the illusion. That's not hereditary, it's a mindset. But since Desmond experienced Altair's memories and experiences it would make sense that he has a better understanding of the creed it might be able to resist the piece of eden.

Hair-Brained theory time. The mind blowing reveal at the end of AC2 breaks the fourth wall, and it turns out the Assassins created and released AC1 to teach people that "nothing is true and everything is permitted" and thus immunize them to the mind control effects o.O
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

PlagueDoctor357
09-28-2009, 10:03 AM
Ok, all these ideas are good but im assuming Altair IS from the old race of people that left the Piece of Eden, or lizard people or whatever it is.

They call him The One, and he has a special eyeball power that no one else has.

I think Desmonds bloodline has something special about it and because of this they are resistant.

Orao94
10-10-2009, 04:27 AM
hmmm...interesting. This seems farfetched, but this is a real legend.

It is said that there was once a continent inhabited by advanced human beings called the people of Mu, and were believed to wield technology. The legend says that they are the origins of humanity, and that their continent in the middle of the pacific disappeared through some sort of cataclismic event, supposedly plunging it into the ocean. At least, that is how I think the legend goes :P

The people of Mu are said to be the so called "missing link" in humanity's evolutionary chain. Vidic said it himself : "we don't make these technological advances, we find them. They are gifts, from the ones who came before". This, It seems, is a refference to the Mu people, and the pieces of eden could be remnants of their technology.

Regarding Altair's immunity to the POE, it's probably genetic, and the full answer to the question will be seen with how Ezio deals with its effects. Malik and his assassins only managed to avoid the POE because they weren't there when it was used to take over Masyaf, they were in Jerusalem the whole time.

I heard somewhere that Ezio is a common ancestor of Desmond Miles and subject 16, hinting that maybe most of the assassins today have a distant blood link that ensures that the gene resistant to the POE can be spread out to the rest of the assassins.

One thing's for sure, I'm having a hard time waiting another 40 days til the Australian release http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Xanatos2007
10-10-2009, 05:44 AM
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/7351/zombiethread.jpg

Account_Deleted
10-10-2009, 06:59 AM
ahaha.,
this is the pros and cons of making new members search for stuff before they post.
they don't clog up with repeated stuff
and we call it zombies

caswallawn_2k7
10-10-2009, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by ScytheOfGrim:
And I would like to know who is going to post up a thread in a General Discussion board and not want an ensuing discussion?

Sticking the word onto the end of the first post is redundant, and similar to asking a dead man to die.
Not to mention that it's irritating as well.
it's also like phoning some1 and telling them to listen, or starting a letter with "I am writing to you" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

PlagueDoctor357
10-10-2009, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Orao94:

It is said that there was once a continent inhabited by advanced human beings called the people of Mu, and were believed to wield technology. The legend says that they are the origins of humanity, and that their continent in the middle of the pacific disappeared through some sort of cataclismic event, supposedly plunging it into the ocean. At least, that is how I think the legend goes :P

The people of Mu are said to be the so called "missing link" in humanity's evolutionary chain. Vidic said it himself : "we don't make these technological advances, we find them. They are gifts, from the ones who came before". This, It seems, is a refference to the Mu people, and the pieces of eden could be remnants of their technology.

Regarding Altair's immunity to the POE, it's probably genetic, and the full answer to the question will be seen with how Ezio deals with its effects. Malik and his assassins only managed to avoid the POE because they weren't there when it was used to take over Masyaf, they were in Jerusalem the whole time.

I heard somewhere that Ezio is a common ancestor of Desmond Miles and subject 16, hinting that maybe most of the assassins today have a distant blood link that ensures that the gene resistant to the POE can be spread out to the rest of the assassins.

One thing's for sure, I'm having a hard time waiting another 40 days til the Australian release http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

I like this idea.

On another note, they actually have Desmond say Lizard people. Which MANY people today believe Lizard people lived here before us and still do deep underground.

Google it, lots of famous people believe it too. I think Alan Moore does.

X10J
10-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Orao94:

thats funny i came up with something very similar to this a few months ago

Pendragon_082
10-10-2009, 03:49 PM
Also, remember that if it was a mindset according to 'Nothing is true, everything is permitted' that most Assassin's would probably share this mindset. If they did, then why did all of Masyaf fall under Al Mualim's control? Only those who were not there when it took place escaped it's effects. Also, Al Mualim told Altair that his independence and skill are ingrained in him, and to take away one would destroy the other. So that leads me to believe that there is something special about Altair.

SBRedFlag
10-10-2009, 04:19 PM
Well, I think that most of the assassin's did not understand the true meaning of the phrase, as altair did not until a much later point in the game.

Pendragon_082
10-10-2009, 04:48 PM
We can't honestly say whether they did or didn't.