PDA

View Full Version : how could enders game mention internet forums in 1985?

raaaid
02-25-2008, 04:46 AM
the heggemon for what i recall become famous universally for his posts on the forum as i recall in enders game, forums had big influence

this anachronism reminds me of pieces of art bought for dimes, kept secret and sold hundreds of years later for millions

HotelBushranger
02-25-2008, 05:42 AM
Pure gold raaaid, absolute genius. Seriously. I should ask the mods to remove this thread so I can keep the secret for myself. That only leaves you...

JG52Uther
02-25-2008, 05:57 AM
You have a very unusual writing style raaid.With some of your sentences,you seem to struggle with the English language somewhat,as though it is not your mother tongue,yet with other sentences,you seem to have a perfect command of English!
I wonder who you really are? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

raaaid
02-25-2008, 06:41 AM
trully im an spatio temporal agent from galaxity city

im from millions years after this spot, according our history humankind dissapeared in 2002 when o country rockets a plane in ukrania in 2002 during an aerial exhibition causing a masacre, a camera caught the rocket and the diplomatic incident ends in a global war from where no human survives

actually myself i evolved from the jesus lizard but i only need some make up to whiten my skin and look normal

but now my home is lost because since man has survived the jesus lizard dont evolve into sapiens, i just sent laureline to distract the camera that caught the incident, human girls are too beatifull to let them dissapear, my home is gone

well if you like the story read valerian agent spatio temporale i whished i could draw like that

Outlaw---
02-25-2008, 07:06 AM
What is now called the Internet existed many years before 1985 and was well entrenched in many universities by 1985. Obviously, other networks existed even before that. Also, there were many private BBSes and network services around before that. It only takes a small stretch of the imagination to foresee public Internet access in 1985. Compuserve had many forums in 1985 and GEnie wasn't far behind if not already there (my first GEnie account was in 1989 so I don't know anything about them before that).

--Outlaw.

DrHerb
02-25-2008, 08:00 AM
I like Tater Tots! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Loco-S
02-25-2008, 08:59 AM
Fido net Bulletin board, around 1988, with a trusty 2 baud modem, working on DOS....whoa, I barely remember how the hell to write code from back then.

SeaFireLIV
02-25-2008, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by JG52Uther:
You have a very unusual writing style raaid.With some of your sentences,you seem to struggle with the English language somewhat,as though it is not your mother tongue,yet with other sentences,you seem to have a perfect command of English!
I wonder who you really are? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

Multiple personalities? Or the meds?

You decide.

He`s not the only one.

raaaid
02-26-2008, 04:42 AM
i suppose my english depends on how inspired i am ,actually i have a diploma in english filology, afterwards switched to engineering

Tab_Flettner
02-29-2008, 12:10 AM
Dimes have been around for hundreds of years? Who knew?