PDA

View Full Version : Using SH3 File Analyzer to modify Torpedoes

MarkSynthesis
12-18-2006, 01:59 PM
Anyone else more familiar with TimeTraveller's SH3 File Analyzer program may be able to help me here.

I've been fiddling aroudn with File Analyzer, trying to change the torpedo explosive values.
However, I've looked through various readme files, and I can't figure out precisely how to save changes. I've downloaded the rules.zip file and extracted that into the right directory for Final Analyzer, but it doesn't actually seem to change anything inside the SH3/data/library directory.

I eventually broke down and modified a file from the rules.zip (torpedo_zon.rul), renamed it torpedo.zon, and copied it into the data/library directory (after backing up the original file). Of course, that resulted in a crash.

Now, I'm not using astronomically high values. Here an example:

Start:
SetHeading="T-4 [G7es] Falke"
Trigger(2)="AmmoDamageInfo"
"MinEF",>20,Single
"MaxEF",>20,Single
"MinRadius",>10,Single
"MaxRadius",>10,Single
End

Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to get the program to save these modifications to the torpedo.zon file. Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong? I'm sorry to have to ask so many questions, and I have a feeling I'm overlooking something painfully obvious.

klcarroll
12-18-2006, 02:11 PM
I haven't used the File analyzer program, but I have used Timetraveller's "Mini Tweaker", which does the job beautifully.

lecek
12-18-2006, 02:27 PM
I agree with klcarroll, the mini tweaker is a better programme.

However, I think that the value you want to edit is the impulse value in the sim file.

Also you min and max ef values are very low the stock values are 120 and 180 but you have 20 and 20.

And if you want to just tweak things like that, then the sh3 inspector is the best choice out of all three.

I have used all three programmes, and out of them the analyzer is the worst. It also has some dangerous bugs. I once edited the wrong file accidentally because of a bug. I didn't back up the file first because I didn't intend to edit it. I had to spend about an hour figuring out which wrong files I edited and where and exactly what it was supposed to be.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

100K Club Member

MarkSynthesis
12-18-2006, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the responses, I managed to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I have the Tweaker installed too--however, 'Impulse' is not the actual warhead power. From what I've read, FA is the only one capable of changing torpedo power--Tweaker can change speed values, as well as various values for the U-Boats themselves.

You've got to be careful though...always back up your files and whatnot.