PDA

View Full Version : No more Assassination Contracts in ACR?

J PROTOTYPE
12-18-2011, 08:59 AM
Probably my favorite thing to do in Brotherhood after I beat the game, dissapointed they're not in Revelations http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

crash3
12-18-2011, 09:20 AM
One of the only things I really enjoyed in ACB was the large amount of side missions to do and how they were gradually released to do as you completed each sequence.

I dont think the random events in ACR made up for the lack of side missions, especially since the game was so short anyway. I think there should be loads of set side missions and also lots of random events-it would greatly enhance the experience.

LightRey
12-18-2011, 12:35 PM
The Master Assassin missions sorta make up for them.

LordWolv
12-18-2011, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
I honestly don't agree.
I LOVED the Assassination Contracts - each with their own short story, and yes they were short themselves but I really loved each of them; as most were unique. Some, such as the last where you have to kill 30 brutes with a full cinq of killing all of them in 30 seconds? Loved it.

NewBlade200
12-18-2011, 01:34 PM
The Assassination contracts were the best thing in ACB. They let you try out the new stuff in a way that the games are great at. Assassination.

ProdiGurl
12-18-2011, 01:47 PM
I'm doing some of those contracts in ACB right now & they're really fun.

I do agree this game lacked those little missions. But I do agree w/ LightRey a little, the Master Assassin missions seem like side missions & I love them.

I don't care how they add more little missions (randomly or by contract or w/ the Factions to help complete challenges), I'd just like lots of them.

lukaszep
12-19-2011, 07:22 AM
I missed the assassination contracts in AC:R. The Master Assassin missions didn't make up for it, for me. If AC3 is anything like AC:R it might as well be called Assassin's Guild Manager 2012.

Inorganic9_2
12-19-2011, 07:58 AM
I never liked the contracts. They always seemed like there were too many of them or that they were in the game just to provide some more meaningless stabbing. Most of the people you killed never had any reason to be killed :s

The master assassin missions were more fun imo and contributed to the plot a lot more.

ProdiGurl
12-19-2011, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
I never liked the contracts. They always seemed like there were too many of them or that they were in the game just to provide some more meaningless stabbing. Most of the people you killed never had any reason to be killed :s

The master assassin missions were more fun imo and contributed to the plot a lot more.

I mainly do those missions when I've done a bunch of other less exciting stuff (leveling recruits, doing my Banking @ wells fargo, viewpoints, aqueducts, etc).

Then a good assassination or 2 is good. The more they try to make it central to the story or characters, it's even better.

I have to agree, the Master Assassin/Den thing is Brilliance. I had more fun with that - every mission was fantastic. Having it done in 2 parts was genius.

ACR had some of the best additions that made this awesome, that's why it bothers me to see some of these harsh posts.
I think Ubi did some great brainstorming.

Inorganic9_2
12-19-2011, 09:54 AM
I always thought that Ezio should be fighting to help mankind (at the very least, for his own revenge, but the Assassination ocntracts always had him murdering some merchant who had insulted the guy who asked him to do it or something :s

SolidSage
12-19-2011, 10:58 AM
Yeah, its kinda depressing that, in my new save, I keep seeing Assassin logos on the map (one inside Piris Reis for example) showing up as 'Pigeon Coops'. So I haul butt only to find it isn't once I get there. It's done this on a couple of dens too when they aren't locked.
I really loved this feature in ACB. The randomly occuring events in ACR are, well, they're just not very good. A quick beat up and carrying boxes is so disengaging that I have given up on them completely.

ACR is great fun, Contracts in coops would make it greater, and longer fun.

scout455
12-19-2011, 12:20 PM
The next AC should definitely have those. ACR didn't have enuuf side missions at all. That's one thing about brotherhood that I really liked. Their seemed to be an unlimited amount of side missions.ACR should b longer anyway.

Yairo809
12-19-2011, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:

totally disagree, but they were a fresh new addition, we are in need of some kind of new variation of missions maybe they will surprise us with ac3 on that.

SixKeys
12-19-2011, 08:47 PM
I was disappointed at the lack of side missions in ACR, especially compared to ACB. The Master Assassin missions were all pretty much the same and there weren't that many of them. When the game waws announced, we were give the impression that the city missions would replace traditional side quests, but they were laughable.

Small detail as it was, I liked that in AC2 the assassination contracts were given by Lorenzo de Medici and in ACB by Machiavelli. In AC2 it made it feel like Ezio was being used as a political tool (fitting, considering he was still young and fairly naive) and in ACB working with Machiavelli added to the feeling of working for a common brotherhood cause.

JumpInTheFire13
12-19-2011, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by lukaszep:
I missed the assassination contracts in AC:R. The Master Assassin missions didn't make up for it, for me. If AC3 is anything like AC:R it might as well be called Assassin's Guild Manager 2012.

YES! Hahahah thanks for the laugh

mattahleen
12-20-2011, 04:26 PM
Do random quests show up at all?

nuncfluens
12-20-2011, 09:14 PM
As far as I know, the extent of "random quests" in the game is to periodically carry boxes for merchants and beat up one drunk guy. I understand that Ezio didn't exactly sail to Constantinople intent on massacring petty thieves and people who don't clean under their nails like he did in Brotherhood, but I can't help feeling a little shortchanged when I'm more heavily plated than a SWAT car and bristling with enough deadly weapons to open up an arms dealership just by shaking out my pockets and there are hardly any hapless targets for me use them on. I hope they release a bundle of assassination contracts with whatever single player DLC they come out with, if they even come out with any considering the ungodly development schedule they've been slapped with.

freddie_1897
12-21-2011, 02:56 AM
I think that they should keep the random city events but make a TON more of them.
I also hope (but it's very unlikely) that they include assassination contracts AND masyaf free roam in the next dlc. Also, for AC3, I'd like to see a lot of interior in the free roam, so your able to go inside a lot of the landmarks.

ProdiGurl
12-21-2011, 03:27 AM
I think that they should keep the random city events but make a TON more of them.

I like it.
So far, I've never come across a random event other than the drunk target to beat up.

I'd http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif a bunch of random events popping up thru the game (on the map)to run to.

You could be saving a citizen from either guards or a band of thugs trying to beat them up, walk a drunk guy home & along the way enemies come out of nowhere to harm him & you have to protect him.... tons of little scenarios could be done.

SteelCity999
12-21-2011, 03:46 PM
The problem in ACR was that the story was so short and the story didn't have the dynamic as previous games. Ezio was on a journey of knowledge and therefore the story had no real chance to support alot of assassination contracts. AC2 and ACB were perfect stories to have lots of them. Hopefully, the next story will support alot of them. I definitely don;t want to feel like I am killing people just to do it - I want to feel that there is some overall purpose and that it fits within the framework of the game. AC2 was great at this.

lukaszep
12-21-2011, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by SteelCity999:
The problem in ACR was that the story was so short and the story didn't have the dynamic as previous games. Ezio was on a journey of knowledge and therefore the story had no real chance to support alot of assassination contracts. AC2 and ACB were perfect stories to have lots of them. Hopefully, the next story will support alot of them. I definitely don;t want to feel like I am killing people just to do it - I want to feel that there is some overall purpose and that it fits within the framework of the game. AC2 was great at this.

Indeeeed. But i don't see why Yusuf couldn't have given Ezio contracts to assist the recruits or something. The closest thing we had to assassination targets where the Templar den captains.