PDA

View Full Version : Crashing AI

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 09:26 PM
Last night I've noticed some strange AI behaviour. I was flying QMB In Il-2 type 1 against two "ace" 109 G-6. They both crashed trying to outmaneuver me at low altitude and low speed. I was even more surprised when i flew the "experten campaign".It was in mission 35 or so. I was leading a group of 109 E-7's in a Freie Jagd, all of them in the unit for some time now, and experienced.I've lost my entire unit to low altitude maneuvers except for one shot down by a mig-3. It was so depressing when i give the rejoin order repeatedly and nobody answered.It must be the new patch that killed my warriors. I was so upset that in the way home i stormed into a russian village and used all my ammo starfing the poor farmers. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 09:26 PM
Last night I've noticed some strange AI behaviour. I was flying QMB In Il-2 type 1 against two "ace" 109 G-6. They both crashed trying to outmaneuver me at low altitude and low speed. I was even more surprised when i flew the "experten campaign".It was in mission 35 or so. I was leading a group of 109 E-7's in a Freie Jagd, all of them in the unit for some time now, and experienced.I've lost my entire unit to low altitude maneuvers except for one shot down by a mig-3. It was so depressing when i give the rejoin order repeatedly and nobody answered.It must be the new patch that killed my warriors. I was so upset that in the way home i stormed into a russian village and used all my ammo starfing the poor farmers. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 10:06 PM
I've noticed this too. Now if all else fails my last resort is to pull some ground-level aerobatics in the hope that the enemy will hit the deck.

Still not made up my mind if this is more realistic or not, but it's nice to think that the AI can be as bad a pilot as me occaisionally.

<center>http://mysite.freeserve.com/Endodontics/sigs/FaintWhirly.jpg?0.014428488517455151 </center>