PDA

View Full Version : flying and shooting

XyZspineZyX
10-07-2003, 03:20 PM
Iam new, so learning to fly and stuff, the 109 is pretty easy to fly, but the 190 is a biach, i tried the A9 last night and it turns bad and if i try to crank it a bit it just spins or goes all over... is this correct??? i flew the la7 and it was so easy, turns perfect and very fast????

after putzing around trying to get the 262 off the ground it was a blast to fly, but the rate of clousre is so much i cant hit a thing.. i need more gunnery practice... i cant seem to keep my plane stable on target, just drifts up or down too much... uggghh, any suggestions on gunnery and flying 190s? hope the TA152 is a bit better turner

XyZspineZyX
10-07-2003, 03:20 PM
Iam new, so learning to fly and stuff, the 109 is pretty easy to fly, but the 190 is a biach, i tried the A9 last night and it turns bad and if i try to crank it a bit it just spins or goes all over... is this correct??? i flew the la7 and it was so easy, turns perfect and very fast????

after putzing around trying to get the 262 off the ground it was a blast to fly, but the rate of clousre is so much i cant hit a thing.. i need more gunnery practice... i cant seem to keep my plane stable on target, just drifts up or down too much... uggghh, any suggestions on gunnery and flying 190s? hope the TA152 is a bit better turner

XyZspineZyX
10-07-2003, 03:34 PM
A good technique for practicing gunnery skills is to set up in QMB 2 or 3 groups of friendly bombers and the a/c you want to master. Once you are able to down friendlies, who don't return fire, try your skills against enemy bombers.

As for the Focke-Wulf, it is a very sensetive bird. Try this web page for tips on flying it. http://perso.wanadoo.es/francesclleonsi/Flying.html.

The Russian radial engine fighters (La-5,La-7) are very stable, rugged aircraft that are very forgiving of the novice pilot.

Hope this helps.

Horrido!

XyZspineZyX
10-07-2003, 04:15 PM
Some planes in the game just go horrible if you slow down - the 190, the MiG, and the P47 are all a bit like this, but the 190 is worst of all. Stay fast, turn gently, break off if you don't hit your target. Get some altitude, get back in position and try again.

The La might be easy to fly, and it might go fast, but try to nose down to go past max level speed and the wings come off! If you start with an advantage, you can make much better use of it in a 190 than you can in a La-5/7

XyZspineZyX
10-07-2003, 05:43 PM
so the 190 isnt a dogfighter, more of a intercepter, that means none of the german plance can really do all the turn and fight stuff.. seems i was using them wrong... like i said, that LA7 turns great and very quick, over heats easy thou... i can run the 109F on 110 percent forever it seems, the LA7 would last only a few minutes then overheat... then you have to cool it off to 80per for a bit, the 109 i could cool off to 98 and be ok... hmmmm ok, now i know not to take the 109-190 in tight turns, come in fast take a few shots and turn gain speed and att and try again...

i need to work on gunnery then LOL

XyZspineZyX
10-07-2003, 06:10 PM
You're using Turn and Burn tactics...you should be using Boom and Zoom tactics instead. Do a search, there's a few tracks out there showing the proper technique.