PDA

View Full Version : standardized seaplanes landing/parking pattern

Hoarmurath
12-07-2005, 03:52 AM
Hi Oleg,

Could it be possible to have all seaplanes use a standardized landing pattern, with standardized parking spots?

Maybe a test runway dedicated to seaplanes?

It would ne really nice to have them land at the same place, and park at the same place, each time you run a mission.

Oh, as i think about it, it would be really nice if they left their engine running until they are parked (they all make dead stick landings since 4.01).

Flakwalker
12-07-2005, 12:28 PM
I also want that, but since the floatplanes didnt have brakes they will have to be carefully set the landing patern for them.

UeGII_Josip
12-07-2005, 03:00 PM
Yess!! Test runways for seaplanes please! I recently had an idea of placing them in a river and let them run under a bridge on take off.

Hoarmurath
12-07-2005, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by UeGII_Josip:
Yess!! Test runways for seaplanes please! I recently had an idea of placing them in a river and let them run under a bridge on take off.

But you can already do that... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

Having them take off as planned isn't a problem, but having them land as planned is...

btw, this is the track showing what you wanted to do :

http://hoarmurath.free.fr/files/bridge_takeoff.zip

|CoB|_Spectre
12-07-2005, 05:02 PM
It is supremely frustrating to spend the time by trial and error to finally get a seaplane to land and stop where you want (in the FMB) and then have it all mysteriously change with a new patch. IIRC, Ian Boys' posted a similar experience in a mission he was building for Ostfront when a new patch suddenly had an adverse effect on an AI's planned behavior. Just a more straightforward FMB behavior for seaplanes and gliders would help.

Flakwalker
12-08-2005, 02:43 PM
Maybe for that reason we dont found floatplanes on generated campaigns.

Col._King
12-13-2005, 07:09 AM
S!
Nice idea!

It would be cool to have this thing...

The possibility to fly a Seaplane pilot Career would be great.