PDA

View Full Version : ok after asking and getting conflicting awsers about water injection i tested

fordfan25
09-05-2006, 04:42 PM
iv ased a few times on warclouds ect as to if the P-47 ect runs out of water boost. some say yes some say no some say 30 min some say 10 min ect. well i tested to be sure. p47-D on pacific island. P-47 DOSE indeed run outa water. constant use with water/wep on runs out in about 3 to 4 min real time while under almost constant 8X time excel wich loosely translates into 25 to 30 min BALL PARK. I'll test the ammount of time better to be sure of just how long. also note that i was useing 75% fuel load out and over heat OFF. when water/boost is on manafol;d pressure is right at 70. the momment i ran out i could hear the deff in the sound of the engien and when i checked MF pressure had went from 70 to 50. top sea level speed went from roughly 581Km/h to 540 thats with rad closed.
so for all the red piolets in warclouds who go ball's out from take off be aware that if you use it you loose it and it might not be there when you realy need it. i recommend makeing a ectra few loops around the airfeild to gain that ALT instead of climbing with boost on.

also i will test and see if the RAD makes any deff in cooling the double wasp motors or not. i dont think it matters but i'll test. i hope this helps a little.

VW-IceFire
09-05-2006, 04:45 PM
Even if you spend 3-4 minutes with water injection on taking off (sometimes required to get off a short field with a fully loaded P-47) and getting to a medium altitude...you've still got 20 minutes left. I can't conceive ever running out of water injection... I only use it for say 1-2 minutes to get myself out of trouble or when you REALLY need that extra jolt of power to get you into a good spot to fire.

But its good to know that its modeled...I assume the same holds true for the Corsair and Hellcat.

R_Target
09-05-2006, 04:56 PM
Hellcat and Corsair run out too. I never timed it though. Probably around 15 minutes.

p1ngu666
09-05-2006, 05:28 PM
ive run out of water before, but it is rare..

fordfan25
09-05-2006, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by p1ngu666:
ive run out of water before, but it is rare.. i have a numer of times in WC. now i just use 99% power sept for chaceing or being chaced.

fordfan25
09-05-2006, 06:12 PM
thats the thing i like best about the 51 and 38. i set then at rad 6 and 103% power and very rarly over heat yet i get the added boost and never have to wory about running out.

p1ngu666
09-05-2006, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by fordfan25:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by p1ngu666:
ive run out of water before, but it is rare.. i have a numer of times in WC. now i just use 99% power sept for chaceing or being chaced. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fair enuff http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif