PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Assassins Creed II

AngelHawks
08-23-2009, 04:46 AM
Hi
Who knows how to contact the creators of ac2?
I've some pretty good ideas for ingame...
who wants to: post your ideas here too:

Account_Deleted
08-23-2009, 05:10 AM
welcoem to the forums Angel Hawks

* HA bet u other forum people*

as many of us new comers were told once, we have no chance of getting in contact with them becuase they're too busy, or the idea you hve is probably already thought off

AngelHawks
08-23-2009, 05:18 AM
i mean fighting techniques, could show some videos and pics

Ezio28101943
08-23-2009, 08:12 AM
The only way to contact them is to either have a family member or a friend in the Ubisoft crew. And also like Account_Deleted said, they have whole teams of people with ideas. Also, since AC2 comes out in November. Even if you managed to show them your fighting techniques, they couldn't change it if they wanted to.

Raide
08-23-2009, 08:27 AM
AngelHawks,

Welcome to the Ubisoft Forums. Feel free to post your thoughts here but the Development on Assassin's Creed 2 is well under way, so any changes at this point would be impossible. This is not to say changes do not happen but with a project this well advanced, changing things would be very costly, both time and money wise.

caswallawn_2k7
08-23-2009, 08:33 AM
also because 1 person has an idea they think would be good doesnt meen the majority of players would enjoy the idea. not to mention the back ground work that would be needed to make sure your idea infringes no copyrights.

AngelHawks
11-05-2009, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
also because 1 person has an idea they think would be good doesnt meen the majority of players would enjoy the idea. not to mention the back ground work that would be needed to make sure your idea infringes no copyrights.
all my ideas are in the game now, but thanks^^

Captain Tomatoz
11-05-2009, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by AngelHawks:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
all my ideas are in the game now, but thanks^^ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

was there any need of posting because this thread is dead now

JudgeQwerty
11-05-2009, 02:43 PM
This makes me wonder if the developers even skim the forums. After all, we're bored video game nerds, not historians or professional critics that could clearly inspire any direction. Well, except of course for, "THIS PART SUCKS, DO IT BETTER NEXT TIME!!!" which would be quite crass, I think, so I suppose that leaves "WEE, WE LOVE THIS GAME!!" Which is a bit of a given considering what forum it is.

I think if I wanted to suggest something, it would be to have better stories in their side-games. Altair's Chronicles had a very bizarre tale that seemed to contradict both history and the first game. But since Bloodlines and Discovery have already been made, I can only wait and hope.

PerfectionB
11-05-2009, 03:25 PM
Most developers will not and never will use community made ideas.
As it opens a huge hole up for people to get in their and sue for copyright infringement and other legal hoopla.

JudgeQwerty
11-05-2009, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by PerfectionB:
As it opens a huge hole up for people to get in their and sue for copyright infringement and other legal hoopla.

Very true.

caswallawn_2k7
11-05-2009, 03:33 PM
actually most developers listen to the collectives community (over multiple sources not just the main site) and will generally make changes based on were the majority people saw problems and how they saw them as a problem, as if they didn't listen to the community at all they wouldn't sell game's as they would never fix the things the majority of people don't like but they thought was a good idea.

for a big example of something doing this look at the TV show Lost, the people making it have openly said they have used popular ideas from the large fan sites as twists or plot lines to keep the show interesting to the people watching it. if firms chose to just ignore all this they would soon lose sales and start having problems.

however a developer will not take an idea made by one person and implement it as it stands as that would cause copyright problem's but by consolidating all the ideas over the entire community they are not following one persons idea but they are making changes that benefit the customer.

Silverback_105
12-28-2010, 08:19 PM
I'v always wanted to see this in the single player, so here goes. Could you guys please make the free running in AC3 as smooth as the multiplayer in brotherhood is. For example, in Brotherhood's single player when you get to the edge of a building you have to press O to grip, and and press it again to fall down, but in the multiplayer you can just hold R1 and the character will drop down without any wait. And I know you can already do that in single player if its just a little drop, but it would be awesome if you could do it from the tops of buildings. Another great example is in the "Assassins Creed 2 Official E3 Trailer" were towards the end of the video Ezio drops down from a building and uses his hidden gun to shoot the guy he was chasing (that part was amazing!) Anyway like I was saying, it makes things so much fun and easier if you could just drop down that way in AC3.

This is also something I would love to see in AC3. Could you please please please!!! make spears a usable weapon in AC3? (by usable I mean like one of the weapons you buy in the shop, or maybe something you get in a mission) not just something to pick up from a guard. I find them to be the most fun especially throwing them at other guards, and it sucks that you have to drop them when you have to run somewhere far or climb something. I know that carrying a spear on your back is not the most stealthy thing but what if it was like one of Leonardo's inventions and he made it retractable, kind of like Goku's "power poll" in Dragonball (only example I could think of). And I know that Leonardo probably wont be on the next game but you know what I mean right. Anyway I love the series and hope that you employ my ideas in the next one I know they will be very fun for anyone playing the game, and Thank you for reading all of this.