PDA

View Full Version : odd autopilot behavior/ also FM irregularity

Eraser_tr
11-26-2004, 06:57 PM
Playing FB merged with PF I noticed a few irregularities with the latest patch.

I was flying a mission(over smolensk) in an I-16 and was using autopilot to get to my flight(far away from me) and abruptly, the autopilot put the plane into a straight down dive and rolled until it hit the ground after flying perfectly straight. I know the AI has trouble with mountains, but this was over flat land.

Also flying a campaign mission over new guinea, I noticed a few problems with the P-40E. pre 3.02bm it flew perfectly normal. I was in a dogfight and turning very gently and with combat flaps on, the plane suddenly went into an uncontrollable, unrecoverable spin. after reflying the mission several times(with the same thing happening) I tried turning with enemies without the combat flaps and under the similar conditions (180-230 mph, about ~600 feet and a fairly gentle turn at around a 30 degree angle rolled to the left or right) the plane turned much better without coming close to a stall. I also noticed a much faster energy gain and loss in the same plane. Could this please be looked into for the final patch release?

Eraser_tr
11-26-2004, 06:57 PM
Playing FB merged with PF I noticed a few irregularities with the latest patch.

I was flying a mission(over smolensk) in an I-16 and was using autopilot to get to my flight(far away from me) and abruptly, the autopilot put the plane into a straight down dive and rolled until it hit the ground after flying perfectly straight. I know the AI has trouble with mountains, but this was over flat land.

Also flying a campaign mission over new guinea, I noticed a few problems with the P-40E. pre 3.02bm it flew perfectly normal. I was in a dogfight and turning very gently and with combat flaps on, the plane suddenly went into an uncontrollable, unrecoverable spin. after reflying the mission several times(with the same thing happening) I tried turning with enemies without the combat flaps and under the similar conditions (180-230 mph, about ~600 feet and a fairly gentle turn at around a 30 degree angle rolled to the left or right) the plane turned much better without coming close to a stall. I also noticed a much faster energy gain and loss in the same plane. Could this please be looked into for the final patch release?

Nubarus
11-26-2004, 07:07 PM
Instead of posting it here you should email this to the PF@1C.ru as is stated in the patch Readme file.

The latest patch is a public beta patch.