PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find a BF109 manual??

XyZspineZyX
07-05-2003, 08:34 PM
Yap, I'd relly need one, I like the 109 verrrrrrrrrrry much, and would probably proove useful.
BTW, I could use some Me262 guide, I can't even takeoff in that one, I either burst in flames, either start circleing around, or both...
If anyone of you guys could help me, I would realy apreciate.
Thanks.

"The show must go on..."

XyZspineZyX
07-05-2003, 08:34 PM
Yap, I'd relly need one, I like the 109 verrrrrrrrrrry much, and would probably proove useful.
BTW, I could use some Me262 guide, I can't even takeoff in that one, I either burst in flames, either start circleing around, or both...
If anyone of you guys could help me, I would realy apreciate.
Thanks.

"The show must go on..."

XyZspineZyX
07-05-2003, 10:18 PM
http://109lair.hobbyvista.com/index1024.htm

Under Technical Reference there are four manuals in pdf. The G-2 manual has some very nice info.

XyZspineZyX
07-05-2003, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the help, that was very usefull.
Thanks /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

"The show must go on..."

XyZspineZyX
07-05-2003, 11:34 PM
http://www.me262guide.com/

Here is a very good guide for the 262.

XyZspineZyX
07-05-2003, 11:40 PM
Thanks, maybe this time I'l get airborne before exploding./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

"The show must go on..."

XyZspineZyX
07-05-2003, 11:53 PM
Here is a Bf109G2 manual (http://www.il2center.com/technika/pilotsnotes02.htm)

Translated from the original version from Finnish (I think) to English. Mostly a technical aid, but quite useful if you are using advanced engine controls in FB.

XyZspineZyX
07-05-2003, 11:56 PM
Thanks guys, youre the greatest

"The show must go on..."

XyZspineZyX
07-06-2003, 04:06 AM
Your in for a nice surprise when it comes time to land the ME262, Von_Zero.
Maybe I should say rude awakening L0L /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Message Edited on 07/06/0303:09AM by ManicGibber

XyZspineZyX
07-06-2003, 04:10 AM
some logic here plz, I firs must get airborne , and only eaftr then I had to land.
Call me a rookie, but I can't do it in reversed order/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

"The show must go on..."

XyZspineZyX
07-06-2003, 06:32 AM
You can use the quick mission builder, start airborne and learn to land first, that's what I did by accident rather than design. My first flight was airborne due to the fact that I'm a noob, and didn't know that quick mission builder starts you in the air.

XyZspineZyX
07-06-2003, 07:14 AM
Tips for the 262:

Start each engine by itself, but have a key linked so you can control them both at the same time. You can use a single engine to swing your nose, but you can also use differential braking to control it.

I start my left, let it swing me, power down and start my right. I hit my button so that the throttle now controls both engines, and apply power very slowly. Make sure both engines are getting equal amount of power. Apply power slowly till you are rolling and as you gain speed you can use the rudder as enough air is passing over the control surface to use it. Slowly apply to full power after your nose it pointed down the runway, hit flaps to "take off" setting and pull back gently. Get wheels up, gain speed and raise flaps a notch. After gaining more speed, raise flaps fully and level out to get speed. After reaching good level speed, back off on the power as you will over heat easily on take off.

The 109 is tricky because of narrow gear. If you can get your brakes to be controlled by left and right buttons, turning will be easier. If you take off and are sinking, don't pull back too much or you will ground loop. If you can get lined up on the runway, lock your tail whell in place and give power. You can get your nose up quickly in a 109, and make sure you have flaps set to take off, you'll come up quite easily.

Landing in both is hard, but remember, if you are sinking too fast, don't power up. In the 262 you will catch fire. In the 109, you will ground loop due to torque. Drop your nose to pick up speed, and maybe raise you flaps a notch. Some don't like to raise flaps a notch, but if you do, it can give you some more speed which you can turn into altitude. Good luck.