PDA

View Full Version : Just idea for BoB SoW.............................random malfunctions.

Stary_Wuj
07-17-2008, 06:32 AM
Hello!

Just thought about possible engine, cannons, landing gear.. etc.
malfunctions implemented in the game. Sometimes, randomly, on both
(German and English) side. I think enough realistic and funny :-)

Sorry, my english is far away from perfect :-)

With Best Regards

Stary Wuj

Jabout
07-17-2008, 07:04 AM
I tend to get enough malfunctions with my pc, router, joystick, forgetting to turn Track IR on and so on, without malfunctions being designed into the game as well.

Monterey13
07-17-2008, 07:27 AM
Sorry, wrong forum. Oleg Maddox has nothing to do with the UBI forums anymore.

Any requests should be made here.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=98

TinyTim
07-17-2008, 07:31 AM
That's a very good idea. I've been repeatedly asking for it a few years ago for IL2, to no avail. Of course it should be implemented as a difficulty setting, with possibility of turning it off.

However, it would be very very hard to obtain any kind of data for such malfunctions - many times it depended simply on the aircraft maintenance (in IL2 you are always seated in a brand new A/C) and/or continuous enviromental conditions... However, now the average time between, say, spontaneous cannon jamming is ∞ hours. Any other number that that would be more realistic.

BrotherVoodoo
07-17-2008, 07:33 AM
This is a feature I love in FSX.

Skoshi Tiger
07-18-2008, 05:22 AM
Why do all the failures have to be random. As the Host of the server I think its only fair and just to allow you to cause failures in other peoples aircraft! Why bother booting someone for vulching and shoulder shooting when you could give them a jammed cannon, oil pump failure or jammed canopy or harness release? Of course there would be no way of telling the random failures with the imposed ones!

Works for me! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

LEXX_Luthor
07-18-2008, 08:12 PM
As far back as 1995, Su-27 FLAKER 1.0 for DOS had a popup window that offered about 15 items that could be set to malfunction, and the player could set a random time for each item to malfunction within, the option being from 0.00sec (immediate malfunction) up to sometime within 24hours. All back in 1995.

crucislancer
07-18-2008, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by LEXX_Luthor:
As far back as 1995, Su-27 FLAKER 1.0 for DOS had a popup window that offered about 15 items that could be set to malfunction, and the player could set a random time for each item to malfunction within, the option being from 0.00sec (immediate malfunction) up to sometime within 24hours. All back in 1995.

That feature was in Flanker 2.0-2.5 as well. I recall a mission where you start out and things start failing one by one, until all you have is analog instruments and your Mk I eyeball. I'm sure it's in LOMAC, but I haven't looked.

I'd like to see something like that in SoW, but perhaps as part of a campaign function, where as time goes on in the campaign the chance of a failure for a certain part gets higher.